Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perfect Thanksgiving Meal?
Besides family, friends, and all that mushy stuff, what is the perfect Thanksgiving Dinner to you food wise? We are talking strictly food because that is what it's all about here. We are also setting aside all health issues here. Imagine whatever you are wouldn't have any effect on you later.
To me, Thanksgiving Dinner was the only meal out of the year where the sides meant more than the main part of the meal, the meat. To me, the perfect meal would be mashed potatoes, potato salad, cole slaw, 1 spoon full of dressing\stuffing and rolls. Then the turkey\ham was secondary. For desert I always liked fruit salad.
Turkey, dressing, gravy, homemade rolls, and cole slaw. Nothing else really matters, although corn pudding, broccoli casserole, and some great desserts are nice to haves.
We'll have a lot for dinner. Very very luck in that way! About half like the traditional turkey & dressing and the other half must have ham. So our menu is turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, fresh corn, home canned green beans, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, cole slaw and deviled eggs. Cornbread and rolls.

We alternate deserts because everybody likes everything. THIS year, Hershey chocolate cake, banana/pineapple pudding, apple pie and pumpkin pie.

I'll also make chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge to "sack" on!!
Confusednicker:
Banquet salisbury steak tv dinner with mashed potatoes and peas, gas station pizza, a case of schlitz beer and 2 packs of marlboro reds.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Banquet salisbury steak tv dinner with mashed potatoes and peas, gas station pizza, a case of schlitz beer and 2 packs of marlboro reds.

TongueirateSho. Confusedinglepar. :Thumbs:
Well, I think we can all agree geauxtigers75 has us all beaten.
Come and eat with us geauxtigers!! You are most welcome. We ALWAYS have unexpected folks come by to eat.
For thanksgiving, to me,
The perfect is a deep fried turkey, some FatPat mash taters, Amish split top rolls, corn, and some kind of salty picnic ham my wife’s grandma makes. I’m a picky eater though. And of course all the desserts you can think of.

I will day one year, her side got burnt out on eating thanksgiving dinner 4 different times with everyone, so one year they done a Seafood feast for dinner after we had a traditional Tday for lunch. It was amazing. Crab legs, lobster, etc. I really liked switching it up a little for that evening.
Ham, corn, Mac and cheese, and rolls

And the wife’s homemade chocolate cake.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Ham, corn, Mac and cheese, and rolls

And the wife’s homemade chocolate cake.

I know saying that makes you feel good!!! Congratulations!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I know saying that makes you feel good!!! Congratulations!!

Feels incredible!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Mine is pretty basic: a moist bird, stuffing with onions and celery, a heap of mashed taters ( skin on or no ( I like both ) ), my sister-in-laws jalapeno corn casserole, and cornbread!

I've never had a deep fried bird/ or smoked bird before...that's on a wish list!

Hope you all had a great holiday... :Thumbs:

And have had the tv dinner meal before minus the smokes and was thankful to have had it!!! Confusedinglepar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi