Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Academy-Louisville 34 DeSales 7
Final
Congrats CAL. Can’t wait to see them in 3A next year.
Congrats CAL on a nice and impressive win!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Congrats CAL. Can’t wait to see them in 3A next year.

Me either. I think both CAL and DeSales could make some loud noise in 3A next year.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Me either. I think both CAL and DeSales could make some loud noise in 3A next year.
I agree. Both teams seem to be tough every year.
My sympathies to my Catholic brethren, but I figured this would happen. CAL is tough this year and they should have one heck of a game with Mayfield.
This is a hell of a win against a very very good Desales team. CAL is definitely having an outstanding year and seem to have that special championship quality about them. They're much more than just the Milton Wright show. This team has a superb defensive team and have 2 or 3 other big play caliber players besides Wright. I'm not too sure this team couldn't win it all in 4 or 5 classes this year. Cov Cath would be the only team I'd feel confident could take this team down this year. Mayfield may be as capable as anyone left in the playoffs to knock them off, but, I think it'll take a flawless game and there best defensive effort.
Don’t count your chickens before your eggs hatch you still have to play Somerset.. at Somerset
You need to travel west once in a while. I can’t wait. Just two weeks.
bop07475 Wrote:Don’t count your chickens before your eggs hatch you still have to play Somerset.. at Somerset

Somerset has had a great year. BUT CAL is on a whole different level. Game will not be close. I’d say the same thing if the Jumpers were playing Mayfield. Making a trip to Somerset from Louisville is not that bad. They won’t be riding in school buses.
Colts were in it going into the half. But M. Wright took over in the second. Kid is a real talent. Glad to see him go! DeSales will be fine. We only graduate 13 seniors. Smallest class in several years. We have some great young talent. Hate to be leaving 2A. I think it’s been one hell of a class the last few years. I got to make the trip to Mayfield, which was a first. Great place with great fans. Even though we lost a tough one that night both teams and staffs and fans respected each other and acted with class. Not long after when the tornados ripped through Mayfield, we at DeSales collected money and other items and delivered them to Mayfield. It’s times like that when you appreciate high school football.
ColtPride Wrote:Somerset has had a great year. BUT CAL is on a whole different level. Game will not be close. I’d say the same thing if the Jumpers were playing Mayfield. Making a trip to Somerset from Louisville is not that bad. They won’t be riding in school buses.

I assume from this post that CAL will be the host vs Somerset?
ColtPride Wrote:Colts were in it going into the half. But M. Wright took over in the second. Kid is a real talent. Glad to see him go! DeSales will be fine. We only graduate 13 seniors. Smallest class in several years. We have some great young talent. Hate to be leaving 2A. I think it’s been one hell of a class the last few years. I got to make the trip to Mayfield, which was a first. Great place with great fans. Even though we lost a tough one that night both teams and staffs and fans respected each other and acted with class. Not long after when the tornados ripped through Mayfield, we at DeSales collected money and other items and delivered them to Mayfield. It’s times like that when you appreciate high school football.

Nothing but respect for the Colt community, that was a great jesture
CAL and Mayfield will be a titanic battle. CAL and DeSales will be a huge rivalry for years. Is Central staying in 3A. If so this will be a three headed beast.
Maybe you know what you’re talking about and maybe I am clueless... I have heard CAL this and CAL that all year on this forum.. and CAL doesn’t have a bad team at all good group of kids, but if you think they are going to come into the Briar Patch.... and have a easy win your out of your head.. I don’t care how long the ride is or if they are delivered by flying unicorns.. There is no promises or easy games at this point in the season.
They are on a different level than Somerset. Both CAL and Mayfield have easy games this week.
ColtPride Wrote:Colts were in it going into the half. But M. Wright took over in the second. Kid is a real talent. Glad to see him go! DeSales will be fine. We only graduate 13 seniors. Smallest class in several years. We have some great young talent. Hate to be leaving 2A. I think it’s been one hell of a class the last few years. I got to make the trip to Mayfield, which was a first. Great place with great fans. Even though we lost a tough one that night both teams and staffs and fans respected each other and acted with class. Not long after when the tornados ripped through Mayfield, we at DeSales collected money and other items and delivered them to Mayfield. It’s times like that when you appreciate high school football.

Great post