Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 14 Paintsville 7
Awesome game. I’m still on cloud nine!
Last 6 years; 60 wins, 4 Region titles and a state appearance so far....
2000PHS Wrote:Numbers from radio:

Raceland 30 yards in penalties

Paintsville: drum roll please....130 yards in penalties

You ain't winning anything with that discrepancy.

ONE HUNDRED YARD DIFFERENCE....at home

Rams played hard and short handed, they deserve the credit.
Those were legit penalties. Cherico might be a good X and O guy but Tigers have zero discipline. They get away with that stuff during the regular season at home with their referees but when they get referees who will control the game they can’t function. If they had any discipline on that team they would be very hard to deal with. The penalties are always personal fouls or un sportsmanlike and at bad times during the game.
Congrats to Raceland
ram-a-devil Wrote:those were legit penalties. Cherico might be a good x and o guy but tigers have zero discipline. They get away with that stuff during the regular season at home with their referees but when they get referees who will control the game they can’t function. If they had any discipline on that team they would be very hard to deal with. The penalties are always personal fouls or un sportsmanlike and at bad times during the game.

wrong

The first game was at Raceland so I’m not sure what you are talking about with the home officials. We had I think 4 personal fouls which it too many but my God the amount of holds called against us was extreme. I would guess 6/7 holding calls and zero holding calls against Raceland. In a defensive struggle like these games are a holding call is simply a drive killer and we had 6 or 7 to zero. It impacted the game. But credit to Raceland more making the big play to get the win.
I will eat my crow on this one. Congrats Rams!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I will start by saying my wife’s family is from Paintsville, my wife’s aunt works in the board office and I’d live in Paintsville in a heartbeat. I love the area BUT the Paintsville football team plays very undisciplined and with too much emotion. If they could learn to play football and not curse at the other team’s coaches in pre-game, give the middle finger to the opposing team’s fans during the game and learn to not have so many personal fouls, they’d be even more successful than they are. Talent-wise, they are as good as anyone we play but their attitudes get in the way. Heck, Paintsville fans went after the officials after the game! If they ever learn to holster some of that aggression into just plain football, they’d be unstoppable.
sidelinedoc Wrote:I will start by saying my wife’s family is from Paintsville, my wife’s aunt works in the board office and I’d live in Paintsville in a heartbeat. I love the area BUT the Paintsville football team plays very undisciplined and with too much emotion. If they could learn to play football and not curse at the other team’s coaches in pre-game, give the middle finger to the opposing team’s fans during the game and learn to not have so many personal fouls, they’d be even more successful than they are. Talent-wise, they are as good as anyone we play but their attitudes get in the way. Heck, Paintsville fans went after the officials after the game! If they ever learn to holster some of that aggression into just plain football, they’d be unstoppable.

Our personal fouls were on defense and didn’t contribute to either TD. It was the excessive holding calls that were only called on one team that helped decide the game.

I can’t argue that Paintsville had legit personal fouls called on them ( no excuse for that) but to call 7 holding calls to zero doesn’t pass the smell test. Especially when both teams run a lot of the same blocking schemes.
2000PHS Wrote:Our personal fouls were on defense and didn’t contribute to either TD. It was the excessive holding calls that were only called on one team that helped decide the game.

I can’t argue that Paintsville had legit personal fouls called on them ( no excuse for that) but to call 7 holding calls to zero doesn’t pass the smell test. Especially when both teams run a lot of the same blocking schemes.

I was listening to this on the radio and in crunch time it seemed like there was a penalty on Paintsville on every play. Same thing happened to Pikeville at Raceland last year. Very very odd the huge discrepancies in Raceland's favor. Radio said 12 penalties on P 4 on R, add the Pikeville game last year and it is Raceland 4 penalties Paintsville/Pikeville either 22 or 23. An absolute impossibility. Without this huge discrepancy Raceland loses both games.
Very concerning and it has to even out at some point...
jetpilot Wrote:I was listening to this on the radio and in crunch time it seemed like there was a penalty on Paintsville on every play. Same thing happened to Pikeville at Raceland last year. Very very odd the huge discrepancies in Raceland's favor. Radio said 12 penalties on P 4 on R, add the Pikeville game last year and it is Raceland 4 penalties Paintsville/Pikeville either 22 or 23. An absolute impossibility. Without this huge discrepancy Raceland loses both games.

Was at the game and Paintsville played very undisciplined. Defense is what cost them the game especially on that Heighton pass he should have been sacked/ intercepted.
jetpilot Wrote:I was listening to this on the radio and in crunch time it seemed like there was a penalty on Paintsville on every play. Same thing happened to Pikeville at Raceland last year. Very very odd the huge discrepancies in Raceland's favor. Radio said 12 penalties on P 4 on R, add the Pikeville game last year and it is Raceland 4 penalties Paintsville/Pikeville either 22 or 23. An absolute impossibility. Without this huge discrepancy Raceland loses both games.

This conversation is getting old! If you don’t want penalties called then don’t commit them! You can’t argue illegal shift in personal files and that’s the majority of the penalties called on Paintsville! I’m tired of you people acting like our boys on the field had the games handed to them, it’s not true and it’s disrespectful to them and the efforts of our coaches! It’s one thing to question a call or two but to complain about the calls you get on your home field when most of them are personal .....after the play cheap shots is ridiculous! If you would check the stats for the last three years I bet Paintsville is in the top ten in the state for most penalties every year! It’s a problem that they need to address or they will never when the big game!

As far as last years game with Pikeville...it was last year!! Let it go! We would really love to enjoy this next week with some nice clean fun talk and not talking about last year !
Last post from me about the penalties. I will concede Paintsville committed personal fouls-ultimately none of them mattered! Zero points were scored on drives with personal fouls.

However 7 holding calls to zero played a major factor in the game. With the pace of the game the way it was, that's a hold on 75% of your drives. Raceland's defense is very good and Paintsville simply was not going to drive the ball down the field after a holding call in the drive.

Congratulations Rams.
Great job by the kids tonight stepped up and made big play when they needed it but hats off to what a defensive game the kids at raceland played to hold a very good paintsville team to 13 in two games is impressive coach lewis did a great job
Congrats Rams
BuckeyeRam Wrote:Great job by the kids tonight stepped up and made big play when they needed it but hats off to what a defensive game the kids at raceland played to hold a very good paintsville team to 13 in two games is impressive coach lewis did a great job

Both defenses played their hearts out. 14-13 was the combined score after 8 quarters of play this year. Impressive
2000PHS Wrote:Both defenses played their hearts out. 14-13 was the combined score after 8 quarters of play this year. Impressive

So that means Raceland won both games!! Hey ....give us our district trophy back hahaha
RAMDAD50 Wrote:So that means Raceland won both games!! Hey ....give us our district trophy back hahaha

In the eyes of the people that vote for coach of year, you won the district hahahaha
Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah, Widdle Jefpilot needs him Widdle diaper changed because he and it are just alike. FULL OF CRAP !!!!

Referees aren’t gonna just go out on the field and intentionally screw one team over, especially in the playoffs. Each game is reviewed and questionable calls are looked at and if there’s something completely out of hand it is addressed and determines the future of those referees as far as job assignments and crew assignments.

Give credit where credit is due, Both teams gutted it out last night as well as Pikeville and Raceland also gutted it out last year in the State-simis last year and the best team won both games. Get over it Cry Baby !!!

As always, IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE A RAM, GOVRAMS !!!
very proud of how Racelands players handled the BS that was going on during the game , they kept a cool head and played football didn’t act like thugs , that comes from coaching one coach allows their players to act that one and one don’t , it’s not the kids fault it’s their coach .. and to say all the personal fouls didn’t impact the game is just dumb they extended drives and gave huge field advantage.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:very proud of how Racelands players handled the BS that was going on during the game , they kept a cool head and played football didn’t act like thugs , that comes from coaching one coach allows their players to act that one and one don’t , it’s not the kids fault it’s their coach .. and to say all the personal fouls didn’t impact the game is just dumb they extended drives and gave huge field advantage.

I don't care where the drive starts, when facing a great defense 2&17 is a death sentence. Raceland has now played 8 quarters against Paintsville and not held once. Your OLine coach should be coaching on sundays
Yes they will be practicing on Sunday! Tigers won't
Getting screwed out of a game, by the refs, on the road, during the regular season? I guess that's a possibility. Getting screwed by the refs during the playoffs by out of region, assigned referees, come on man.
2000PHS Wrote:I don't care where the drive starts, when facing a great defense 2&17 is a death sentence. Raceland has now played 8 quarters against Paintsville and not held once. Your OLine coach should be coaching on sundays

I think he could be just saying 😂 former national champion at Georgetown and great at teaching technique. Racelands lucky to have him.
No excuse for personal foul calls! I get so frustrated watching Kentucky play, they seem to get 2-3 personal foul calls a game.

As far as other penalties, I think a ref will give a team that shows respect a little more lee way than a team that doesn't. Not saying Paintsville doesn't, but it seems to be a common thread in their game discussions. Well, that and whining. :biggrin:
2000PHS Wrote:I don't care where the drive starts, when facing a great defense 2&17 is a death sentence. Raceland has now played 8 quarters against Paintsville and not held once. Your OLine coach should be coaching on sundays

Look at our rushing totals in those 8 quarters!! No holding because there was no blocking
Sounds like it was a great game by both teams
OK I understand Paintsville lost and it was the officials fault. Can someone please tell me which sport and which year this is about. 👶👶👶👶
2000PHS Wrote:Raceland has now played 8 quarters against Paintsville and not held once. Your OLine coach should be coaching on sundays
Don't say that! He may try to leave now for a better job. Confusednicker: In all seriousness, how many Seniors does Paintsville lose off of this year's squad?
2000PHS Wrote:Our personal fouls were on defense and didn’t contribute to either TD. It was the excessive holding calls that were only called on one team that helped decide the game.

I am not speaking of the amount of fouls. I am speaking of how Paintsville players act and are allowed to act. If they worried about the game and playing it instead of cursing at the other team’s coaches during pre-game obscene gestures into the visitor’s stands and undisciplined play, you may have already been to Kroger Field 2x and still playing this year.
I love Paintsville and everything about the area and the excitement they have for their sports at both schools. But I am adamant about my observation of the actions of this program. Kids act the way they are allowed to act. AND when they lose, they will get retaliation comments from the opposing team’s fans. It happened last year and I heard it again last night. They are kids and they need to be taught restraint and discipline. You don’t see other top programs acting like they do.
Also, as an example of poor sportsmanship, your PA announcer doesn’t stick around to announce the Championship trophy. I assume it was the AD that just came and handed it to our coach. We had to have our AD scream out the presentation just so our kids could celebrate the earning of the trophy. And we wonder where the kids learn their actions.
Actions/attitudes begat actions/attitudes. Or as my favorite movie, Remember The Titans, quotes “Attitudes reflect leadership, Captain.”

****drop the mic
Eagle84 Wrote:OK I understand Paintsville lost and it was the officials fault. Can someone please tell me which sport and which year this is about. 👶👶👶👶

I didn’t click “like” on this because I LOVE it!!!!! 👍🏻
Congrats Raceland