Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Pineville 1988 Region Championship
pjdoug Wrote:I thought Dorsies was pretty good for a Drive-In with good burgers and hotdogs. I thought Bank 253 was overpriced and nothing special. Pig in a Poke is decent barbecue. I didn't really find country cooking type place I was looking for. I heard Billy Ray's in Prestonsburg is pretty good. Do you know?

Billy Ray's is good. Lizzie B's in Prestonsburg has great pot roast. Best country food in the area is The Steakhouse on the hill at the mall at Goody KY, within a stone's throw from the Belfry stadium. You can get a steak or their food bar is excellent.
jetpilot Wrote:Billy Ray's is good. Lizzie B's in Prestonsburg has great pot roast. Best country food in the area is The Steakhouse on the hill at the mall at Goody KY, within a stone's throw from the Belfry stadium. You can get a steak or their food bar is excellent.

I'll have to remember this if I ever go to West Virginia. I like stuff like barbecue and country cookin'. I like a good pot roast.
jetpilot Wrote:Billy Ray's is good. Lizzie B's in Prestonsburg has great pot roast. Best country food in the area is The Steakhouse on the hill at the mall at Goody KY, within a stone's throw from the Belfry stadium. You can get a steak or their food bar is excellent.

I would stop at Prestonsburg to eat on the way to Belfry. I don't think that type of food will be found at Pikeville Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I would stop at Prestonsburg to eat on the way to Belfry. I don't think that type of food will be found at Pikeville Smile

You are right, unfortunately. Unless you like Golden Corral, which I despise lol.
If you like home cooking and you are going to Belfry, definitely hit The Steakhouse. You won't be disappointed.
It has been a few years but I've eaten at the Steakhouse up by the mall at Goody(Belfry) twice and didn't think it was very good either time...Texas Roadhouse is much better in my opinion, but good luck getting in and out of there in a reasonable time on a Friday.

Pirate Pizza across 119 from the old Belfry High School is my favorite spot in that area, very good pizzas and burgers.
Dang...this thread turned into to a foodies does and donts hahaha I love it.I loves me some good eats
BCHSrebs Wrote:THANKS PHS!! I always like to try a local place when I'm going places I don't get to often. Best of luck this Friday and as always hope for injury free game on both sides!

Gotta be the Blue Raven for a one time stop! Best Pikeville has to offer.
pjdoug Wrote:I thought Dorsies was pretty good for a Drive-In with good burgers and hotdogs. I thought Bank 253 was overpriced and nothing special. Pig in a Poke is decent barbecue. I didn't really find country cooking type place I was looking for. I heard Billy Ray's in Prestonsburg is pretty good. Do you know?

If ya like soup beans and cornbread, Dairy Cheer does a good job with that,
pjdoug. Want a great steak, i'd go to Texas Road House. If ya want a good country diner, i'll send ya one up there from here. We got tons of them down here.:biggrin:
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:If ya like soup beans and cornbread, Dairy Cheer does a good job with that,
pjdoug. Want a great steak, i'd go to Texas Road House. If ya want a good country diner, i'll send ya one up there from here. We got tons of them down here.:biggrin:

Where? lol
Well guys...I’m at Myrtle Beach right now...anything you guys want me to eat for you while I’m down here? Keep it G rated PJ hahaha
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Well guys...I’m at Myrtle Beach right now...anything you guys want me to eat for you while I’m down here? Keep it G rated PJ hahaha
RIP Planet Hollywood
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Well guys...I’m at Myrtle Beach right now...anything you guys want me to eat for you while I’m down here? Keep it G rated PJ hahaha

The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood.
pjdoug Wrote:The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood.

I believe this is where we are headed! Just off the golf course and we all voted on seafood
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I believe this is where we are headed! Just off the golf course and we all voted on seafood

Enjoy.