LaRue County 7-5
Elizabethtown 8-4

Last meeting 10-12-18

Elizabethtown 42
LaRue County 14
Etown wins and ends the fairy tale season of larue
Elizabethtown 49
LaRue County 13
LaRue had 7 turnovers in their game against E-town last time, which is highly uncharacteristic of them. They had 7 all year (maybe) on the season before going into the E-town game which was the 8th of the year.

It might not make a difference, but they weren’t themselves the last go around. LaRue really had struggled at the QB spot this year after losing a dandy of one last year. When they played E-town last time they came out in the Gun with maybe their best overall athlete who also is their stude DE (Dailliss Cox- has some FCS offers, namely Murray St and Southern Illinois) and he’s just more of a “wildcat type”.

Stopping E-town is gonna be the question. The latest (and maybe greatest) Becherer kid at RB is his own human highlight reel.

All I know is this about LaRue....they graduated 22 seniors off a 10-2 squad last year and Jaggers’ thought they might have a shot to make a run at things a little bit more come November than they did last year despite losing those numbers and talent within them. They lost 3 really close games throughout the regular season with a slew of new faces outside of Adkins and Cox.

They’ve beaten and scored at will against two really good teams these first two rounds. They hung 48 against Union who had held and BEATEN BOTH 2A Region Finalist Murray to 8 and 4A Region Finalist Madisonville to 13.

They dropped 44 against a Caldwell team (and had one TD called back from about 70 out on a drive where they didn’t score) which is more than Mayfield, Hoptown or Christian had hung on them in their wins over Caldwell.

Etown and LaRue BOTH graduated 20+ seniors off their 2017 teams and here the two squads are matched up in the region finals only to be separated by 10-15 miles.

It will be a massive crowd and hopefully a fun game. Their fan bases will pack it as is, let a lone the fact that they are the only two schools left playing in the Hardin County/E-town, LaRue, Meade, Bardstown/Nelson County, etc areas which are all pretty close to one another. .
ETown by 7.
I agree with you Duck. Elizabethtown has lots of speed so it maybe a matchup thing, but 7 turnovers will make for a lopsided score. I'm expected it to be much closer this time. LaRue has the size to lean on the Panthers. Caldwell is built much like Elizabethtown and might have a better run defense and passing offense. I was impressed by LaRue going into Princeton and coming out with the win.
Etown 42 Larue 21
Much like PT Friday LaRue will have to exercise the demons of the Panthers. Honestly I thought PT has more talent that Etown. And LaRue is bigger and more physical. Was surprised how Etown handled them last time. But Larue seems to be playing their best football of the season right now.
Etown gets the calls at home but also has trouble with the run. It's a race as to who will lose to Central.

Etown 27 Larue 21