Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern @ Pulaski County 11/16
Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is the rematch that we all wanted to see. The Maroons ended Southwestern's bid for a perfect season in epic fashion by driving 99 yards down field to break a 14-14 tie.

Both teams come into this game with a record of 10-2, although it is a tale of two stories. Pulaski started their season 1-2 and have been picking up speed ever since, with a current 9 game winning streak going. They're playing their best football at the right time and although they'll never admit it, are the favorites with this game being at PC Field. Southwestern started their season 8-0 and looked to be an unstoppable force that would roll into the State Semis with a perfect record, until they ran into their crosstown rival at The Reservation. Ever since, its been tough going for the Warriors, but they've been able to persevere and look to get redemption! No matter how either team's season is going, these game are always close, hard fought battles and Friday night will be no different! If your team is done for the season, I would highly recommend either listening to this game or attending it.

Credit goes to GetChili for the below information.

- Since 2009, there has not been a Class 5A Region 4 game without Pulaski County or Southwestern in it.

-Southwestern has reached 10 wins four times in school history. Three of those four occurrences have come under Larry French.

Thought and Predictions on this one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Another interesting thing to note from GetChili, that I left out of the original post.

This is the first time ever that Pulaski County, Somerset, and Southwestern will all be playing in the regional championship round in the same year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sw - 28
pc - 27
I think SW gets their revenge. The last game's defense was without their star MLB. The 2 games his was out the warriors had lost the only 2 they had lost. Not taking anything away from the players. Some great talent on both teams. That kid can react so well , explosive reaction, and sheds blocks like no other I have seen. Mainly for his size. Also great coverage for a LB. But that being said. PC is at home with great momentum and being used to the demolished field.
Maroons by 3
Field is a huge disadvantage for SW and it will be nasty.
Pulaski County 35
Southwestern 28

Pulaski offense vs Southwestern defense :popcorn:
Just curious does Pulaski have any kind of tarp to cover the field this week . :popcorn:
Yep, gotta keep the moisture in!
Pulaski has played in the mud for three weeks straight now. I think that will be a huge advantage come Friday night.

PC 27
SW 13
I'm going with Pulaski County in this one.
On the surface i would predict Southwestern 41-6 but as Lee Corso would say "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!!"
Pulaski's QB comes from an excellent gene pool and that is worth 10 points for PC
They are playing on Pulaski's field ( with the rain and sprinkler problems) that is worth -10 points for SW
The refs hate both teams so that is a wash
Both teams have excellent head coaches so that is a wash
Both Teams have good assistant coaches so that would be a wash except Pulaski County has "Scooter Russell" and he is worth 10 points all by himself
Pulaski is at home and SW has to ride a bus to the game and with Friday traffic around here that is worth -4 points
So if my calculus is correct the Final will be
Southwestern 27- Pulaski 26
SW has been waiting for this return game...
SW 32
Pulaski 26
I can't wait for Friday. This will be the game I'm attending. It's hard to beat a district rival twice in one season. SW 21-PC 20.
God love GetChili!!! He's such a sweetheart!

This will be a slobber knocker, but I believe Pulaski will pull it out.

Prayers for an injury free contest!
One thing is for sure, this will be one heck of a game! TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SW wins in a close one. Boys are on a mission this year
I will say this: I thought Coach French was Crazy for not retiring after last season. I thought SW would struggle this year, but to his credit, he and his staff have done an amazing job just to be in the regional finals. Hats off to him. Much respect win or lose.
Willie Turnover Wrote:On the surface i would predict Southwestern 41-6 but as Lee Corso would say "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!!"
Pulaski's QB comes from an excellent gene pool and that is worth 10 points for PC
They are playing on Pulaski's field ( with the rain and sprinkler problems) that is worth -10 points for SW
The refs hate both teams so that is a wash
Both teams have excellent head coaches so that is a wash
Both Teams have good assistant coaches so that would be a wash except Pulaski County has "Scooter Russell" and he is worth 10 points all by himself
Pulaski is at home and SW has to ride a bus to the game and with Friday traffic around here that is worth -4 points
So if my calculus is correct the Final will be
Southwestern 27- Pulaski 26

SW asst. coaches are no slouches.........
I agree 100%. They are an excellent group of coaches.
This was a great game. As a totally unbiased fan, the refs let the kids play tonight. Only one, maybe 1 call I thought were controversial, and it did go in PC's favor. A pass interference on SW, when a PC player just slipped in the soup bowl that is PC's field. The call by coach Hines to go for it on 4th and inches from his own 15 or 20 was not a smart decision in my opinion. No matter if you do put the game away, for sure...That call just baffled me. Lo and behold SW ges the stop but they can't punch it in from the 15? Southwestern's receivers absolutely KILLED THEM tonight. They dropped balls that 4th grade level players catch. Their QB fought his butt off and, IMO, if I were him, late, I'd have turned every play into a designed run. I'm not throwing any more balls to a kid who's just gonna drop it, even if it is the right fooball play. Soutwestern's D line played their asses off and their smallish linebackers brought everything they had. PC's linebackers, especially those middle backers are awesome looking dudes. I've been to a coaches conference were Coach Hines talked about how small his team was...ha. He better not say those linebackers are small! Southwestern, in my opinion, looked out manned and out bodied, but they fought and barely came up short. Love PC's QB. He goes out and gives water to the defense as a water boy. And the fact he went out and gave his defense a pep talk once, on the field, was awesome! Oh, and the WR for PC, #80, I see why that kid is one of the top receivers in the state. That kid seems to hae Spiderman type hands! He was awesome to watch, and their QB was accurate. Really a fun game to watch.