•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Belfry 11/16
Hound05 Wrote:Boyle county’s offense is better than Catholics. It’s also different. HS football is all about matchups. I don’t think looking at scores and results from identical opponents will predict this one. If that’s the case then Corbin vs Boyle should be fairly even given the Danville score. I don’t know who will win, but I think offensively belfry might match up a little better with Boyle’s offense than they did LCs even though Boyle’s is better than LC. It’s a new week, things happen. Boyle had a tough game with western hills, who lost to Lawrence, whom Boyle dominated. Maybe it was something like that with catholic outside of just a bad matchup, I dunno. But I think folks are looking into that game wayyyy to much. I’m like boss. I’ll give my input when I see the injury reports come out. Too many on both sides that can effect the game.

Don't know if it was a bad matchup or not Hound. All I know is Mr. Beau Allen is a "Bad Man" and he lit us up! I really enjoyed watching this kid play football last night. It was something to see how poised and confident he really is. Young man has a bright future. It's been a long time, if ever, that Pond Creek has seen this type of caliber of Quaterbacks come into Pond Creek on back to back Friday nights, Allen and Reed Lanter. Cant wait to see Lanter play either.
Patriot1 Wrote:You know I don’t like to get into junk debates but this sandbagging comment seems a little silly. I read all the posts but haven’t seen very many that said Belfry was going to beat Boyle. Boyle is the champ and more than likely going to be the champs again. I still believe any thing can happen in a game unlike some on here. Yes it would take an out of the ordinary circumstances to happen before Belfry could win. As a Belfry fan would love to see it happen but it probably won’t but we won’t know until after the game will we. Yes I think Boyle is going to win but that’s why we play the games but I still will be for Belfry. Sorry FoSho just didn’t like that comment by one of your posters.

Just what do you think sandbagging means?
Curious, is smith still playing with that cast or whatever it is on his arm?
Hatz Wrote:Just what do you think sandbagging means?

To me it seems as you referring to some of the posters on here saying things that they don’t believe or think about their team because of the outcome of the last game knowing they where going to be facing a better team the next week. I think most posters try to be honesty in what that say not all but most. Sure their is some that ramble on about stuff. Like Belfry posters were saying they would beat Boyle all season now they going the other way. I have read most posts and I for one have never thought or said not one bad statement about Boyle County and know how good they are. I May have took it the wrong way if I did I apologize but I still just thought it was derogatory towards some posters.
Patriot1 Wrote:To me it seems as you referring to some of the posters on here saying things that they don’t believe or think about their team because of the outcome of the last game knowing they where going to be facing a better team the next week. I think most posters try to be honesty in what that say not all but most. Sure their is some that ramble on about stuff. Like Belfry posters were saying they would beat Boyle all season now they going the other way. I have read most posts and I for one have never thought or said not one bad statement about Boyle County and know how good they are. I May have took it the wrong way if I did I apologize but I still just thought it was derogatory towards some posters.

Wasn’t my intention.

It’s all good.
I will be pulling for Belfry in any game they play!!! With one exception the game with JC. This is going to be hard for them to keep advancing because of all the injured players. They will be tough as nails next year!!!! Bet on that.
I don’t know the full scope of the injured players on both sides but my thoughts are:

Belfry/Boyle vs LC has no bearing on this game. That train of thought can show what teams have as far as strengths and weaknesses but comparing like opponents scores don’t paint an accurate picture.

Offensively. Overall Boyle is better. They’re more dynamic. But that’s not to say belfry can’t do anything. Belfry does what they do BEST. Ground and pound, and wear you out with physicality and speed. The speed part will be about even overall. Both have kids that can fly. I keep seeing people say that BC can stop the run, but I’m not convinced. They gave up a lot to western hills, and a good amount to LC, even though that game was never really in doubt. So I think belfry can run on Boyle and have success. Boyle on the other hand can do a little of both pretty good. They’ve got the WRs and the RBs to keep you guessing. While belfry is very good at stopping the run, they showed not so much on the pass. Will they force BC to run the ball? I don’t know? Because the rebels have a good enough ground game to beat you if you do that.

Defensive wise, like I said above. Both teams will try to exploit each other’s weakness it’s who does it best. I think belfry has the better rush defense. But Boyle has the better pass defense, overall defense, I don’t know? Maybe give the nod to BC because of belfrys pass defense. This one, in my opinion is going to be a game somewhat like the LC game. If all are healthy. Back and forth.

Special teams I don’t know so much. I do know BC has a frosh kicker who is nothing short of amazing for his age. But I believe belfry also has a couple who can run it back to the house. But field position could play a big part in this game so it could come down to special team play.

Schedule wise, I will give this one to belfry. While overall BC may have the better off and def. belfrys scheduling could help pay dividends here. Boyle hasn’t played “weak” schedule but I believe belfry has played a tougher one and possibly gained some experience from it to use in this game.

Home field advantage obviously goes to belfry. And I think it’ll boost them in this one if the game is close or back and forth. If it is that type of game I’d give it to the pirates because of that. I don’t care what people say about traveling. It matters! I’ve seen some Boyle people say it doesn’t affect them. I’ve seen a couple bring that point up that it might somewhat. It does! You can’t change my mind on it. I’ve played they game and took long 4 hour trips on a bus. It messed with me and it will mess with them. Boyle is probably smart enough to offset this by making stops and making the kids as comfortable as possible. And that will help. But it will still effect them. Maybe not enough to make a difference but it’s still in play. The turf, which correct me if I’m wrong Boyle county doesn’t have? It might play a small part if it’s wet. Belfry has the experience of playing a lot on it if so.

So overall, while both teams are dangerous in what they do, I believe Boyle gets the nod for overall defense. Offense I honestly think it’s a Boyle too because they’re are dynamic, but it’s not to far from being a wash. Both are talented. While Boyle can do both good and keep you guessing, belfry does what they do great! So to me Boyle is the better “team” but a lot of other factors such as home field and scheduling help even it out a bit. Injuries will be the big factor to me. So I can’t say a score until I know who is playing. Good luck to both and regardless of the score I hope all the kids get to play that are out and for an injury free game.
Hound05 Wrote:I don’t know the full scope of the injured players on both sides but my thoughts are:

Belfry/Boyle vs LC has no bearing on this game. That train of thought can show what teams have as far as strengths and weaknesses but comparing like opponents scores don’t paint an accurate picture.

Offensively. Overall Boyle is better. They’re more dynamic. But that’s not to say belfry can’t do anything. Belfry does what they do BEST. Ground and pound, and wear you out with physicality and speed. The speed part will be about even overall. Both have kids that can fly. I keep seeing people say that BC can stop the run, but I’m not convinced. They gave up a lot to western hills, and a good amount to LC, even though that game was never really in doubt. So I think belfry can run on Boyle and have success. Boyle on the other hand can do a little of both pretty good. They’ve got the WRs and the RBs to keep you guessing. While belfry is very good at stopping the run, they showed not so much on the pass. Will they force BC to run the ball? I don’t know? Because the rebels have a good enough ground game to beat you if you do that.

Defensive wise, like I said above. Both teams will try to exploit each other’s weakness it’s who does it best. I think belfry has the better rush defense. But Boyle has the better pass defense, overall defense, I don’t know? Maybe give the nod to BC because of belfrys pass defense. This one, in my opinion is going to be a game somewhat like the LC game. If all are healthy. Back and forth.

Special teams I don’t know so much. I do know BC has a frosh kicker who is nothing short of amazing for his age. But I believe belfry also has a couple who can run it back to the house. But field position could play a big part in this game so it could come down to special team play.

Schedule wise, I will give this one to belfry. While overall BC may have the better off and def. belfrys scheduling could help pay dividends here. Boyle hasn’t played “weak” schedule but I believe belfry has played a tougher one and possibly gained some experience from it to use in this game.

Home field advantage obviously goes to belfry. And I think it’ll boost them in this one if the game is close or back and forth. If it is that type of game I’d give it to the pirates because of that. I don’t care what people say about traveling. It matters! I’ve seen some Boyle people say it doesn’t affect them. I’ve seen a couple bring that point up that it might somewhat. It does! You can’t change my mind on it. I’ve played they game and took long 4 hour trips on a bus. It messed with me and it will mess with them. Boyle is probably smart enough to offset this by making stops and making the kids as comfortable as possible. And that will help. But it will still effect them. Maybe not enough to make a difference but it’s still in play. The turf, which correct me if I’m wrong Boyle county doesn’t have? It might play a small part if it’s wet. Belfry has the experience of playing a lot on it if so.

So overall, while both teams are dangerous in what they do, I believe Boyle gets the nod for overall defense. Offense I honestly think it’s a Boyle too because they’re are dynamic, but it’s not to far from being a wash. Both are talented. While Boyle can do both good and keep you guessing, belfry does what they do great! So to me Boyle is the better “team” but a lot of other factors such as home field and scheduling help even it out a bit. Injuries will be the big factor to me. So I can’t say a score until I know who is playing. Good luck to both and regardless of the score I hope all the kids get to play that are out and for an injury free game.

According to the KHSAA Boyle gave up exactly 159 rushing to Western hills, and they gave up rushing yds to Catholic by design their intenion was to take the pass away and that’s exactly what they did, they held Mr Allen to 9/19 for 99 yds passing, so if you’re looking at those two games to doubt Boyle’s run defense I think you’re being misled.

On a side note Boyle has had a very nice turf field for several years, and Boyle will be about as healthy as they’ve been in a while.
I think Belfry gets throttled by Boyle. Hope I'm wrong. They do have a puncher's chance playing at home so I hope they pull a Buster Douglas lol...
#55PirateFan Wrote:Don't know if it was a bad matchup or not Hound. All I know is Mr. Beau Allen is a "Bad Man" and he lit us up! I really enjoyed watching this kid play football last night. It was something to see how poised and confident he really is. Young man has a bright future. It's been a long time, if ever, that Pond Creek has seen this type of caliber of Quaterbacks come into Pond Creek on back to back Friday nights, Allen and Reed Lanter. Cant wait to see Lanter play either.

Lanter won the Bluegrass quarterback challenge this year and I believe Allen finished around 5th.
I am not going to quote hound05 but he made some great points, that I am going to expand on.

Belfry you have one kid that I think can be affective against R Smith, that is Dixon. He is excellent on pass defense from what I have seen. I think the mistake we made last year was not putting Goose on him and by on him I mean if Reece went to rest room I want Goose there to hand him a paper towel to dry his hands with. Then linebackers stay on Bartellson and Crawford, force Boyle to beat you with someone else. They have options to still beat teams but I wouldn’t allow those players to do it.
Run your offense chew the clock and keep Boyle off the field take breakaways when you get them every point matters. Another must is convert on 3rd downs, line will see 2-4 man fronts always changing.

Boyle be prepared to play physical smash mouth football in what I expect to be a crazy environment. Stop the run and make them beat you through the air. Execute on offense and convert drives to points. Make belfry go 80 yards every drive.

Now with all that said I wasted my time typing it cause both teams have Hall of Fame coaches and have a better game plan prepaired, I would bet the farm on it. I won’t make a prediction either till I see who is out also. Travel time and home field will be good for a couple score swing in Belfry’s favor but that doesn’t mean I am picking Belfry I am saying Today Belfry is up by a couple to start the game. Anyone else I would say they would be down three scores but Boyle is always ready for big game atmosphere and play there best on the bigger stages. Boyle is probably at the least 3 scores better on paper. This may be one of the toughest games to call assuming everyone is healthy and ready.
Patriot1 Wrote:To me it seems as you referring to some of the posters on here saying things that they don’t believe or think about their team because of the outcome of the last game knowing they where going to be facing a better team the next week. I think most posters try to be honesty in what that say not all but most. Sure their is some that ramble on about stuff. Like Belfry posters were saying they would beat Boyle all season now they going the other way. I have read most posts and I for one have never thought or said not one bad statement about Boyle County and know how good they are. I May have took it the wrong way if I did I apologize but I still just thought it was derogatory towards some posters.

Just curious......what Belfry posters have been saying all season that we would beat Boyle?? I’m not talking about some fly by night poster who has 5-10 posters to their handle. I’m talking about the consistent Belfry supporter who posts here. All I’ve seen....all season....is nothing but RESPECT for Boyle. I think most knowledge fans have consistently placed Boyle as the odds on favorite to repeat. So....I’m unclear as to why this comment was made or even necessary??
I’ll say this, it’s hard to go to Belfry and win. Expect a war! But I believe it’s possible with Boyle. 35-28 Boyle
Jack Lambert Wrote:According to the KHSAA Boyle gave up exactly 159 rushing to Western hills, and they gave up rushing yds to Catholic by design their intenion was to take the pass away and that’s exactly what they did, they held Mr Allen to 9/19 for 99 yds passing, so if you’re looking at those two games to doubt Boyle’s run defense I think you’re being misled.

On a side note Boyle has had a very nice turf field for several years, and Boyle will be about as healthy as they’ve been in a while.

Yea I knew about LC. That’s why I didn’t include them. I thought though I read where WH had way more yardage than that. My mistake. But regardless. I don’t think Boyle’s run D is good enough to shut belfrys down. They may be! They may let belfry run for 300, I don’t know. That’s just my honest opinion about that situation. Though I do tbink BC has a good run defense.

But I didn’t know that about Boyle’s field. I thought they had grass or at least it looked that way on film. But thanks for the info.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Just curious......what Belfry posters have been saying all season that we would beat Boyle?? I’m not talking about some fly by night poster who has 5-10 posters to their handle. I’m talking about the consistent Belfry supporter who posts here. All I’ve seen....all season....is nothing but RESPECT for Boyle. I think most knowledge fans have consistently placed Boyle as the odds on favorite to repeat. So....I’m unclear as to why this comment was made or even necessary??

That’s what I said, that I have read most posts on here and unless just posters predicting scores but I have read none but I quest I just over reacted. I agree with you but when he said sandbagging I thought that was what he was talking about but I took it wrong but I apologized and never thought anything more about it.
Boyle by 12
Patriot1 Wrote:That’s what I said, that I have read most posts on here and unless just posters predicting scores but I have read none but I quest I just over reacted. I agree with you but when he said sandbagging I thought that was what he was talking about but I took it wrong but I apologized and never thought anything more about it.

Hey brother.....I appreciate the response! I’ve always found you to be a great poster. It kinda caught me off guard and that’s why I asked. 👍🏼👍🏼
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I am not going to quote hound05 but he made some great points, that I am going to expand on.

Belfry you have one kid that I think can be affective against R Smith, that is Dixon. He is excellent on pass defense from what I have seen. I think the mistake we made last year was not putting Goose on him and by on him I mean if Reece went to rest room I want Goose there to hand him a paper towel to dry his hands with. Then linebackers stay on Bartellson and Crawford, force Boyle to beat you with someone else. They have options to still beat teams but I wouldn’t allow those players to do it.
Run your offense chew the clock and keep Boyle off the field take breakaways when you get them every point matters. Another must is convert on 3rd downs, line will see 2-4 man fronts always changing.

Boyle be prepared to play physical smash mouth football in what I expect to be a crazy environment. Stop the run and make them beat you through the air. Execute on offense and convert drives to points. Make belfry go 80 yards every drive.

Now with all that said I wasted my time typing it cause both teams have Hall of Fame coaches and have a better game plan prepaired, I would bet the farm on it. I won’t make a prediction either till I see who is out also. Travel time and home field will be good for a couple score swing in Belfry’s favor but that doesn’t mean I am picking Belfry I am saying Today Belfry is up by a couple to start the game. Anyone else I would say they would be down three scores but Boyle is always ready for big game atmosphere and play there best on the bigger stages. Boyle is probably at the least 3 scores better on paper. This may be one of the toughest games to call assuming everyone is healthy and ready.
Boyle also has a slot a WR that can pick people apart. Probably just as fast as smith. Or not enough to make a difference. To me, it’s like you said, you have to convert on 3rd downs and stop them on the same. They have to force turnovers and limit their own because Boyle might score on a lot of their drives. Take advantage of the TO’s you get and make them play behind the chains if possible.
FoSho Wrote:I have a lot invested in my team just like most of the rest of you. Last year I got on here and the negative comments (admittedly from me and others) started to outnumber the positive ones....ask BossDaddy how bad it got. We're cool now but I hate message boards when the stakes are high and the trolls come out (not directed at anyone specifically).

I wish everyone good luck and health.

I don't hate it. I love it. lol
jetpilot Wrote:I think Belfry gets throttled by Boyle. Hope I'm wrong. They do have a puncher's chance playing at home so I hope they pull a Buster Douglas lol...

if they play anything like they did against Corbin last year Belfry is in trouble.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea I knew about LC. That’s why I didn’t include them. I thought though I read where WH had way more yardage than that. My mistake. But regardless. I don’t think Boyle’s run D is good enough to shut belfrys down. They may be! They may let belfry run for 300, I don’t know. That’s just my honest opinion about that situation. Though I do tbink BC has a good run defense.

But I didn’t know that about Boyle’s field. I thought they had grass or at least it looked that way on film. But thanks for the info.

Lawrence County got the most of their rushing yds on 3 drives, they had several 3 and outs.
A battle of the heavyweights forsure
Several Boyle teams in the past have played away games at quite some distance without showing any carryover effect. To Paducah Tilghman and Hopkinsville a couple of times just for example. I think that Chuck Smith has a good feel on how to break the trip up with a pregame meal etc. It is time to just play football and get most of what might be or could be out of the kids mind. Weather,travel, refs or the field won't matter if the team wants the win bad enough.
backcountry Wrote:Several Boyle teams in the past have played away games at quite some distance without showing any carryover effect. To Paducah Tilghman and Hopkinsville a couple of times just for example. I think that Chuck Smith has a good feel on how to break the trip up with a pregame meal etc. It is time to just play football and get most of what might be or could be out of the kids mind. Weather,travel, refs or the field won't matter if the team wants the win bad enough.

And don't forget Log Mountain. IMO the 2010 Bell County team was better than their 2008 State Championship team.
I'm not going to post a lot on this game and frankly I think this is going to be a war Friday night. The travel does not concern me at all as past history tells you Boyle plays as good or better on the road for the past 20 years in the playoffs.

I think Boyle could lose this game. IMO the team that turns the ball over the most will be the team that will lose this game. A game of these 2 teams will come down to who makes the least mistakes.

One side note, Boyle has a big advantage on their kicking game. Touchdowns will not come as easy for both teams like last week against LC and LC. Fieldgoals will be huge.
Rebel55 Wrote:I'm not going to post a lot on this game and frankly I think this is going to be a war Friday night. The travel does not concern me at all as past history tells you Boyle plays as good or better on the road for the past 20 years in the playoffs.

I think Boyle could lose this game. IMO the team that turns the ball over the most will be the team that will lose this game. A game of these 2 teams will come down to who makes the least mistakes.

One side note, Boyle has a big advantage on their kicking game. Touchdowns will not come as easy for both teams like last week against LC and LC. Fieldgoals will be huge.

I watched that kid kick last via prepspin he’s insane!!!
Two Hall of Fame coaches going at it, great respect for them both. I think this game is gonna come down to a touchdown or less either way. If Belfry has success playing ball control think they’ll end up pulling it out, if they don’t have any success playing ball control it could end up being a long night on Pond Creek...
Rebel55 Wrote:And don't forget Log Mountain. IMO the 2010 Bell County team was better than their 2008 State Championship team.

I felt same way just ran into a real good rebels team if that game is played 10 times would be 50/50
bobcatforever Wrote:i felt same way just ran into a real good rebels team if that game is played 10 times would be 50/50

imo
Traveling/Eating logistics guide for Boyle County or just football fans traveling to Belfry.

Regardless which way you come, you will eventually hit US 23 and follow it till you get about 5 miles from Pikeville. You will then turn left at a big intersection US 23/119. At this time you will be about 25 miles from CAM Stadium. This whole area leading into Pikeville is a good place to stop and eat. All the fast food places and Chinese , BWW, Texas Roadhouse, are all available with a Wal Mart also if you go right at this light.

After you go left on to 119 you will travel straight to Belfry. It is easily recognizable once you get to the middle school and Vipperman Stadium on your left. There is a Speedway just before this if you want to gas up. At this point you are 3 miles or so from CAM. It is is a large complex just off the road and it can’t be missed. The gymnasium is the first thing you see and you turn right at the next light to go into the complex. There is parking directly behind the home bleachers and also in the large area at the gym.

If you want to wait to eat until you get near the stadium just drive on by and you will travel another little bit and there is a small mall upon the hill to the left and there is a steakhouse, pizza place, MCD, Arby’s and Capt Ds. If you go on down toward WV, there is LJS, Wendy’s and Subway and Taco Bell. There are a couple of bridges that go over into Williamson Wv and there are some specialty restaurants including Smoking Pit BBQ, run by a Belfry grad. There are several gas stations within a mile or so of the stadium. There is also a Wal Mart on the right past CAM.

At the stadium is a good concession stand and bathrooms. These are on the home side. I don’t believe there will be concessions or bathrooms on the visitors side.

There is a good visitors bleachers but not huge. Plenty of room to stand around the fence. Stadium chairs are the only kind allowed, and umbrellas and sunflower seeds are prohibited.

There is a Double Qwik gas station directly below the stadium and they have great coffee and cappuccino and drinks and snacks and things like hot pizza rolls and cheese sticks, etc.

Safe travels to all the football fans.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next