Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
7.69%
Johnson Central
92.31%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 11/16
Thoughts?
JC 42
Ashland 14
I see no way Ashland can ever stop Johnson Central. Ashland is simply too small and weak on the defensive line and at the linebacker positions. The Ashland offense needs to score every time they have the ball and that won't happen because the Ashland offensive line is small and weak as well and will have Ratliff running for his life.

Basically, Ashland matches up at all the skill positions. You could swap Ratliff, Hester, Pittman, and Brandt with Preece, Johnson, and Jackson and it would make no difference. The difference here is on the lines. It's Johnson Central's men against Ashland's boys. Same old story every time these teams have played for the past decade.

Credit what you will. I've heard that Johnson Central's wrestling program is better, that their weight program is better, that their linemen come from other schools, that they live rougher lives that make them tougher, or maybe they just come from better DNA down in the mountains. Whatever the case, though, the bigger, badder, stronger, and better lines will be the tale of the series between these two teams as it comes to a close.

Bob Seger will be hard to deal with on here for the next week, though.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I see no way Ashland can ever stop Johnson Central. Ashland is simply too small and weak on the defensive line and at the linebacker positions. The Ashland offense needs to score every time they have the ball and that won't happen because the Ashland offensive line is small and weak as well and will have Ratliff running for his life.

Basically, Ashland matches up at all the skill positions. You could swap Ratliff, Hester, Pittman, and Brandt with Preece, Johnson, and Jackson and it would make no difference. The difference here is on the lines. It's Johnson Central's men against Ashland's boys. Same old story every time these teams have played for the past decade.

Credit what you will. I've heard that Johnson Central's wrestling program is better, that their weight program is better, that their linemen come from other schools, that they live rougher lives that make them tougher, or maybe they just come from better DNA down in the mountains. Whatever the case, though, the bigger, badder, stronger, and better lines will be the tale of the series between these two teams as it comes to a close.

:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:

Bring em on!!!
Johnson Central 43 Ashland 20
I think Ashland will make some adjustments from the first game and slow down our run game a little more than last time. But as always the big key for a JC offense is can we hold on to the football. If you have a couple of turnovers deep in your territory or deep in their territory it totally changes the game. If we can have one fumble or less and limit the penalties it should be a two score win for Jc.

JC- 42
Ashland-28
Ashland already has the state football champion shirts on the shelves. But does it say 1967 state football champions?? I was told Tomcat pride was selling them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nekysportsfan Wrote:I see no way Ashland can ever stop Johnson Central. Ashland is simply too small and weak on the defensive line and at the linebacker positions. The Ashland offense needs to score every time they have the ball and that won't happen because the Ashland offensive line is small and weak as well and will have Ratliff running for his life.

Sorry....but JC’s skilled personnel outmans the kitty Kats. JC definitely has the advantage on front lines. C’mon, tomcats fans were talking about putting 60+ on Harrison. Well.....that didn’t happen.

JC, IMO will control this game from 2nd qtr on.
baller55 Wrote:Ashland already has the state football champion shirts on the shelves. But does it say 1967 state football champions?? I was told Tomcat pride was selling them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on the intelligence that he shows on here , I would say he gave $10 for the shirts and is selling them for $5.
Ashland has a chance but they are going to have to stack the box and sell out to stop the run. The base 4-3 scheme isn’t going to work. Hopefully they can come up with something and pull the upset. I’ll be there. Go CATS!!!
Big news coming out of Assland this week!In 1892 nobody claimed a state championship....they are haveing yet another ceremony in Putnam to hoist another state championship flag before they head to JC Friday!
JC moves along easily on their road to 2nd state title. 49-14
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland has a chance but they are going to have to stack the box and sell out to stop the run. The base 4-3 scheme isn’t going to work. Hopefully they can come up with something and pull the upset. I’ll be there. Go CATS!!!

You mean to tell me that you have the best ASH-land team in the last 50 years, and all you have is a chance? Didn't you hear the news, "The ship has been righted" ?

You hearing this blasphemy O' Prideful One?
Hide yo kids hide yo wife...Bob Seger and Pride r goina have this thread shut down by wed!!!!
JC will be selling crow burgers on Ashland's side this year!!! Already paid for Tomcat prides!!!!
Johnson Central 42
Ashland 14
Not making a points prediction on this game to many what if’s could happen, what if Jchs’s monster run game is better than last game ,what if , what if , aww shucks JCHS by a bunch!!!
More often than not, in this series if one game has been lopsided the other has been an absolute war.
Ashland new OC Phelps I think is who it is, will try this dink and dunk. Won’t work. JC big 54-14
JC by 14
Hey Bob is tomcat prid to scared to chime in , is he afraid to jinx the team . I really like to get more information on how the ship has been righted 🙄
I dont see this game as being close. big Johnson is just better this year
Johnson Central 49
Ashland 20
ram-97 Wrote:Hey Bob is tomcat prid to scared to chime in , is he afraid to jinx the team . I really like to get more information on how the ship has been righted ��

This is the best I cam come up with right now "97.. This is a secret restoration photo of the actual Tomcat ship that was intercepted after the official Tomcat carrier pigeon was captured after it flew into one of beams of the new under construction Dickey Dome and knocked it's self unconscious while on flight to the ASH-land Daily.

[attachment=o3817]
Of course, no renovation project is successful without a qualified project manager. I think it only fitting to give a great big Tomcat kudos to legendary ASH-land Tomcat great, NotsoBADCAT, who is ramrodding the enormous effort to right the Tomcat ship....I think it also worth mentioning that NotsoBADCAT was a freshman on the last ASH-land State Championship team in 1921...Once a Tomcat, always a Tomcat.

LEGENDARY ASH-land BLUEBLOOD, NotsoBADCAT

[attachment=o3818]
After receiving literally thousands of comments and messages from fellow BGRers that mentioned that there is an uncanny resemblance between the Paul G. Blazer mascot and the legendary NotsoBADCAT, I decided to do a little research...After contacting ASH-lands notoriously famous Athletic Director, Mark Swift, he has indeed confirmed that in 1936 there was a unanimous decision to model our mascot after the one single individual that has defined ASH-land athletics more than other individual in our schools history. "After a thoroughly search and examination of our distinguished alumni of cheaters, er I mean athletic warriors, we all came to the conclusion that there is no single individual that represents the true definition of what Tomcats athletics are all about more than NotsoBADCAT". Swift added, "We also wanted to find an agency that could recreate the image of our distinguished selectee, and we would spare no expense in finding that agency that could do our boy justice. We sent our board committee to scour this whole country to find that one single entity, and after months of careful discrimination we discovered that the perfect organization lied right under our feet this whole time. It was unanimously determined that there was no one more qualified than Rose Hill Elementary's second period kindergarten art class to design our image.. We are pleased with their rendition and it has received the highest accolades from our Alumni Association. We even received the "ASH-land Optimist Club's Seal of Approval"....In closing Swift commented, " This Friday we embark on a new journey in our quest to bring back that State Championship trophy to ASH-land as we travel south to dismantle that "soft" bunch of Eagles in Plantsville, or whatever the name of that place is".

After thinking about it for a minute, hey, could Mark Swift actually be that rumored illegitimate son of NotsoBADCAT? Could (gasp) Tomcat Pride really be that guy? Shew, mindboggling isn't it? But that's all the subject for another story.

So, there it is fellow BGRers, the real story of how the ASH-land Tomcat's mascot came to be and the inspiration behind it. I also want to thank Sports Illustrated for their assistance in researching this phenomenal revelation.

[SIZE="5"]
ASH-land Mascot "tabby" and the one and only Cap'n NotsoBADCAT.[/SIZE]

[ATTACH][attachment=o3820][/ATTACH][attachment=o3819]
Johnson Central is just better than Ashland. It would take Ashland winning the turnover margin by at least 3 to make this game competitive.
man bob seger is an A** !
badbunton Wrote:man bob seger is an A** !

Uh, is there a point you're trying to make?:popcorn:
Ashland should be happy next year. No more Eagles to kick their tails!!!!!! But on the bad side Bob Seger will still be after you. He will always be under the cats skin. Keep up the good work Bob !!!!!!!!!!!!!