Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
37.50%
Paintsville
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Paintsville 11/16
mightydog Wrote:I love how Raceland always wakes up, gets out of their funk and plays better against lesser teams. Amazing how that works.

Wasn’t you at the Russell/Raceland game? Russell is a lesser team and we still played like crap so what’s your point
RAMDAD50 Wrote:If we pass the ball.Coach Salmons plays D even when he’s on offense.If we let the football fly and use our speed we would win this game by three touchdowns.But we won’t...Salmons will try to micro manage like he did the first time which takes all of our advantages out of the game

Need to at least score 1 touchdown on Paintsville before you declare yourself 3 TDs better.

:devilflam:biggrin:
I look for this game to have a little more offense than the first game but I still think both defenses dominate in this one. I think this will be a close game that will be decided by a late score.

Raceland 13
Paintsville 10
There’s a difference this time. The Tigers are now the hunted not the hunter.
Thought Paintsville was going to win regional title last year and thought Raceland was lock to win the district this year with first game on their home field. Going with Tigers 21-14
Like I said mighty dog, that all remains to be seen whether or not we have actually woken up yet.
Like the song says .. “ let’s get it on “ no talking needed Rams will roll

Rams 24
Tigers 6
Who knows with these two. Either team could win on a last second play, which has happened a few times in the past few years. Or either team could win by 3+ scores, which happened last year by itself. Paintsville appears to be the more healthy of the two.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Like the song says .. “ let’s get it on “ no talking needed Rams will roll

Rams 24
Tigers 6

Ummm ...which song?? You wanting to make love to Taintsville Nut?? Bahahahahah
2000PHS Wrote:Who knows with these two. Either team could win on a last second play, which has happened a few times in the past few years. Or either team could win by 3+ scores, which happened last year by itself. Paintsville appears to be the more healthy of the two.

Is Williams a difference maker? He has looked good against bad teams. Hard to tell how good he is. Definitely another option defenses have to account for.
Paintsville has to be the favorite in this game after shutting out the Rams on the road. Paintsville is not an easy place to win if you are a visiting team. If Raceland wins this game, then it will be a mild upset.
jetpilot Wrote:Is Williams a difference maker? He has looked good against bad teams. Hard to tell how good he is. Definitely another option defenses have to account for.

He is a good addition. More speed than Allen who gets the tough yards. I am more impressed with his balance and ability to bounce off tacklers. Decent speed.
Paintsville by 3
Wow, I’m confused. Have all you posters not been reading the (Raceland Lambs) posts since last January? The Lambs will cruise to Kroger Field again this year. Then the Lambs will beat beechwood by 11billion, right? Come on people, we are talking about an elite program here, they have been to the carpet once now. Lmao
Anyone with a pulse or brain had to have felt that Pikeville was the odds on favorite to be in Lexington representing the east. Raceland suprised alot of people early on, then left alot of people scratching their heads. Then you have Paintsville who had alot of people scratching their heads, then suprised some people. Then Williamaburg comes along and not to be out done, completely throws everything into a tailspin, knocking off Hazard and one of the "big four" falls. The East still has to have Pikeville as the favorite, but it's a slim margin and a frogs hair is all that is seperating these last remaining teams remaining.
Beagle1 Wrote:Wow, I’m confused. Have all you posters not been reading the (Raceland Lambs) posts since last January? The Lambs will cruise to Kroger Field again this year. Then the Lambs will beat beechwood by 11billion, right? Come on people, we are talking about an elite program here, they have been to the carpet once now. Lmao

Confusednicker:
I think Raceland avenges their earlier loss this season to Paintsville and gets the win on the road.
This game is like every Ram game. The only way they lose is if they don't show up, sleepwalking, have lost interest, bad play calling, you know, the usual suspects. No way way Paintsville has a say in it.
mightydog Wrote:This game is like every Ram game. The only way they lose is if they don't show up, sleepwalking, have lost interest, bad play calling, you know, the usual suspects. No way way Paintsville has a say in it.

Why you got the raw ass?? I guess all the beat downs from the Rams is taking its toll on you.Its ok MD you always have basketball to get a win over Raceland! Lord knows the evils can’t beat the Rams on the football field
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Wasn’t you at the Russell/Raceland game? Russell is a lesser team and we still played like crap so what’s your point

Russell may be a lesser team, but they are the 85 Bears compared to the two tomato cans Raceland just beat.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Russell may be a lesser team, but they are the 85 Bears compared to the two tomato cans Raceland just beat.

To be honest about it none of the top 1A school have played real good competition yet, except for Williamsburg and Hazard which played each other. Lynn Camp was a decent team but when their running back went out early it really hurt them. The competition gets better every week now and you better have your A game on or you will go and start basketball season. Going to be tuff the rest the way out in the east but good luck to all and hope for injury free game for all but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I think I’ve seen a couple of people mention who wants it more and who executed better? Isn’t that what every game comes down too? Really going out on a limb there haha
Patriot1 Wrote:To be honest about it none of the top 1A school have played real good competition yet, except for Williamsburg and Hazard which played each other. Lynn Camp was a decent team but when their running back went out early it really hurt them. The competition gets better every week now and you better have your A game on or you will go and start basketball season. Going to be tuff the rest the way out in the east but good luck to all and hope for injury free game for all but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I agree, none of the top teams have been tested really. That's what the point was, that Raceland looked great because of who they played the last two games. Play calling and execution always looks much better against inferior teams.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I agree, none of the top teams have been tested really. That's what the point was, that Raceland looked great because of who they played the last two games. Play calling and execution always looks much better against inferior teams.

I can agree to execution. But I wasnt refering to play calling, In regaurds to running the ball vs throwing the ball. New Formations, variety of some new calls out of old formations, etc. We didnt look "great" by any stretch imo. Regaurdless of the score bored said. Still made some dumb mistakes, turned the ball over and dropped wide open passes. My biggest thing is the way the boys look the last two weeks. From the opening kick off to the final horn, they look excited to be on the field. That wasnt the case the last 2 games of the regular season. Tired of kicking that dead horse though. I've worn my thumbs out with it.
Should be a dandy of a ball game. Will the Tigers be having another "Spotlight Night" for local middle school talent? I know they had invited several from Floyd, Magoffin and Johnson to last weeks game. This one will make for a much better atmosphere. Either team can win but whoever has the ball last will move on to the semi's.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Should be a dandy of a ball game. Will the Tigers be having another "Spotlight Night" for local middle school talent? I know they had invited several from Floyd, Magoffin and Johnson to last weeks game. This one will make for a much better atmosphere. Either team can win but whoever has the ball last will move on to the semi's.

Don’t throw rocks when you live in a glass house.
https://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/16038392.html

As for the rest of the comment, I agree. Either team could win this one and the “favorite” in the game over the years has won, lost, and gotten blown out. I do feel that Paintsville has the edge if the Adkins kid is out. I hope the kid is fine and gets to play. I see this one being a low scoring game again with a couple big plays deciding it.
Lord have mercy. Can anyone let it go? U play who is scheduled, u line up against the kids that team has.
If I was heading to Paintsville next Friday I would be there to watch this one. Since I get to stay home this Friday I’m going to try to watch online/listen somewhere. But with recent history in this match up from my stand point is this....

Paintsville seems to fair better in the close games with Rams, as they seem to just have there number in the close games. The Rams haven’t made the plays down the stretch to win them.

If Raceland can to get the lead early by 12 or more, I think they win the game. As stated above I don’t think its favorable to be in a close game with Paintsville for the Rams.

I also think they will be a little more scoring in this one but the defense will show strong again for both.
Will the Around Paintsville website be streaming this game?
I heard dusty Rhodes production will be live streaming the game