•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Corbin 11/16 Region Championship
Bell is going to see something special come Friday night and I’m not giving any hints either. Only looked at my prediction :blonde:

Corbin 64
Bell County 16
campbellfield Wrote:Hacked by a friend. Could a mod please delete that post. Sorry.

I thought that was a little out of place for you.
64SUR Wrote:Bell is going to see something special come Friday night and I’m not giving any hints either. Only looked at my prediction :blonde:

Corbin 64
Bell County 16

You talking about that big stud that just got eligible? I’m gonna get the guys from mayfield to run the IMTU simulator with him plugged in. Hounds by 90
Here go the Corbin fans, go ahead, those scores are nothing more than bulletin board material. Hounds are not that good to do that to a somewhat improved Bell team. I do think Hounds increase win margin by a touchdown.
Will Dudley play the qb both ways again? Surely there's someone else on that team that can play defense and let him rest.
HOFER Wrote:Will Dudley play the qb both ways again? Surely there's someone else on that team that can play defense and let him rest.

One would think. But at the same time. Steely is very fast. Able to beat you deep consistently. He almost ran the kick off back. And now add goose, who also has an incredible deep threat ability. You about have to have him on defense for his speed alone. Not to mention he’s very good on defense. It’s catch 22 in that situation for them.
I feel this could be a dangerous game for Corbin. I think Corbin will win but it will be close for 3 quarters. I’m going Corbin 35-21
Football Scout Wrote:I feel this could be a dangerous game for Corbin. I think Corbin will win but it will be close for 3 quarters. I’m going Corbin 35-21

No doubt about it, it’s a dangerous game. It should be. It’s the region championship. But Corbin will prevail. Just need a clean game.
Pulling for the Hounds in this one.
What position does this kid play if u don’t mine me asking
Corbin 20
Bell County 14
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:What position does this kid play if u don’t mine me asking

What kid?

If referring to my earlier comment. It was an inside joke Corbin and mayfield had going on with each other. But the IMTU grading system does have Corbin winning by 24
CalPreps shows Corbin winning by 10 on a neutral field. But I will say this, I hate CalPreps and how they do it.
It is a dangerous game for Corbin, I hope both teams will play fair and not intentionally ugly it up. Corbin will have more speed back this game and arguably our best athlete. Catches most anything thrown his direction. Question is...will Corbin stick with the power running game like the last meeting or go more balanced or go constantly to the air? I think any of the 3 would work with Estep appearing to be healthy. Most don’t understand that we were missing Gosselin, our #1 weapon in the passing game and could also run it or even throw a pass out of the backfield and Estep probably shouldn’t have even been playing with his injury. Estep has ran less than 10 times since Mayfield...correct me if I’m wrong please. This probably won’t resemble the hounds from the 1st meeting or it might since it worked.
Rumors are that ole Dud will be packing his bags for a move to Williamsburg after this one. That would be interesting if it becomes fact.
campbellfield Wrote:It is a dangerous game for Corbin, I hope both teams will play fair and not intentionally ugly it up. Corbin will have more speed back this game and arguably our best athlete. Catches most anything thrown his direction. Question is...will Corbin stick with the power running game like the last meeting or go more balanced or go constantly to the air? I think any of the 3 would work with Estep appearing to be healthy. Most don’t understand that we were missing Gosselin, our #1 weapon in the passing game and could also run it or even throw a pass out of the backfield and Estep probably shouldn’t have even been playing with his injury. Estep has ran less than 10 times since Mayfield...correct me if I’m wrong please. This probably won’t resemble the hounds from the 1st meeting or it might since it worked.
Rumors are that ole Dud will be packing his bags for a move to Williamsburg after this one. That would be interesting if it becomes fact.

Word gets around fast. Hurry and win so he can go to work :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:Word gets around fast. Hurry and win so he can go to work :biglmao:
I don’t believe it at all...but it would be interesting if it did happen.
campbellfield Wrote:It is a dangerous game for Corbin, I hope both teams will play fair and not intentionally ugly it up. Corbin will have more speed back this game and arguably our best athlete. Catches most anything thrown his direction. Question is...will Corbin stick with the power running game like the last meeting or go more balanced or go constantly to the air? I think any of the 3 would work with Estep appearing to be healthy. Most don’t understand that we were missing Gosselin, our #1 weapon in the passing game and could also run it or even throw a pass out of the backfield and Estep probably shouldn’t have even been playing with his injury. Estep has ran less than 10 times since Mayfield...correct me if I’m wrong please. This probably won’t resemble the hounds from the 1st meeting or it might since it worked.

Is this for real? Why would he leave Bell again? I would think with the realignment coming, Bell is setting pretty good with only Belfry and Ashland to worry about in the East.:pondering:
Rip/Spin Wrote:Is this for real? Why would he leave Bell again? I would think with the realignment coming, Bell is setting pretty good with only Belfry and Ashland to worry about in the East.:pondering:
We should leave this to an appropriate thread instead of hijacking this one...but I have heard this from a couple people and check the Whitley thread some people hint at it.

It’s Bell week take 2, back to the game!
I will be rooting for the boys from Log Mountain, but I still don't think they have enough to get over the hump. I do think this will be a slightly closer game. Here's hoping the zebras stay out of it!

Corbin - 35

Bell County - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON

I think you’re pretty close with Estep. Still not 100% health though I don’t believe. But no I don’t tbink he should have played in some of those games. But I’m not the coach either and don’t have the insight they do being with him everyday. But I see why he played against bell. We needed the home field throughout the Playoffs.

But you asked a question I’ve been wondering myself. Bell can’t stop our power run. It was evident. Now will we go with it all game and keep our playbook pretty close to us for next week? Will bell prepare for our run in anticipation we are going to roll that way? I don’t know? But I tbink it’s kind of a double edged sword for them. If you bring everyone up to play our power run then we’ll burn you deep all night. No doubt about it. Or do you play back and give up the 7 and 8 yd runs all night? It’s a problem for them. They could just line up according to our personnel, but that leads to a lot of mistakes and you only have a short time to do it with our offense. Plus, haddix is a mastermind at disguising plays. Personally I’m not worried about our offense. I’m just wondering how we take their big plays out? A bell poster said they didn’t use- Frazier I tbink is his name- a lot. But still not to worried. I am worried though, that when we bust up their play, or have everyone covered, how do we contain their QB? On those plays? A lot of their scores came on those.
Hound05 Wrote:I think you’re pretty close with Estep. Still not 100% health though I don’t believe. But no I don’t tbink he should have played in some of those games. But I’m not the coach either and don’t have the insight they do being with him everyday. But I see why he played against bell. We needed the home field throughout the Playoffs.

But you asked a question I’ve been wondering myself. Bell can’t stop our power run. It was evident. Now will we go with it all game and keep our playbook pretty close to us for next week? Will bell prepare for our run in anticipation we are going to roll that way? I don’t know? But I tbink it’s kind of a double edged sword for them. If you bring everyone up to play our power run then we’ll burn you deep all night. No doubt about it. Or do you play back and give up the 7 and 8 yd runs all night? It’s a problem for them. They could just line up according to our personnel, but that leads to a lot of mistakes and you only have a short time to do it with our offense. Plus, haddix is a mastermind at disguising plays. Personally I’m not worried about our offense. I’m just wondering how we take their big plays out? A bell poster said they didn’t use- Frazier I tbink is his name- a lot. But still not to worried. I am worried though, that when we bust up their play, or have everyone covered, how do we contain their QB? On those plays? A lot of their scores came on those.

25 will have him covered
campbellfield Wrote:Rumors are that ole Dud will be packing his bags for a move to Williamsburg after this one.

Great I’ll have to buy a cat and put out rat poison around the house, usually happy to see him leave Bell Co but he’s always moved away not closer :booo:
Our top season goal was to beat Corbin in this game. It will be a difficult task, however that is why we play. Corbin says we will not see the same Corbin team and I can promise you the same from Bell, you will not see the same Bell team. Going to be fun to watch. Is it Friday yet?

On another note , Dudley will not leave Bell for Whitley or anyone. His mind set is winning games. With his schedule (which I don’t like) and the realignment he is right where he wants to be. Putting up wins. So don’t waste anyone’s time posting he is even interested in those jobs.
WhyLie Wrote:Our top season goal was to beat Corbin in this game. It will be a difficult task, however that is why we play. Corbin says we will not see the same Corbin team and I can promise you the same from Bell, you will not see the same Bell team. Going to be fun to watch. Is it Friday yet?

On another note , Dudley will not leave Bell for Whitley or anyone. His mind set is winning games. With his schedule (which I don’t like) and the realignment he is right where he wants to be. Putting up wins. So don’t waste anyone’s time posting he is even interested in those jobs.

Dudley won't coach much longer, but will likely end his coaching career in Southeastern Kentucky Smile
WhyLie Wrote:Our top season goal was to beat Corbin in this game. It will be a difficult task, however that is why we play. Corbin says we will not see the same Corbin team and I can promise you the same from Bell, you will not see the same Bell team. Going to be fun to watch. Is it Friday yet?

Confusednicker: Dudley likes money. Make no mistake about it, if money comes hollering he will answer.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Confusednicker: Dudley likes money. Make no mistake about it, if money comes hollering he will answer.

That's for sure. I would never say never when it comes to Dudley.
This game is hard to predict. In the last game had Bell played mistake-free football and Corbin played like they did the game would have been a lot closer and bell may have won. If Corbin had played mistake-free football and Bell played like they did the game would have been a lot worse. But I believe Bell has continued to improve in certain areas and I'm sure Corbin has to. The only thing that will shock me is if the game isn't fairly close.
ArJay Wrote:This game is hard to predict. In the last game had Bell played mistake-free football and Corbin played like they did the game would have been a lot closer and bell may have won. If Corbin had played mistake-free football and Bell played like they did the game would have been a lot worse. But I believe Bell has continued to improve in certain areas and I'm sure Corbin has to. The only thing that will shock me is if the game isn't fairly close.

I't hard to bet against Dudley in the playoffs, but I expect Corbin to win this one.
Bell 28 Corbin 24. Hoping for a game worth watching instead of the undisciplined game we saw from both teams last time around
People keep saying this isn't the same Bell team as before.. I agree.. I think Bell may have gotten slightly worse. Breathitt moved the ball all first half, so did Estill. And those teams are both awful. Breathitt is a snap over the QB's head from going up 14-0 on Bell. I'm sure Corbin gets Bell's best Friday, but I don't think Bell has gotten better.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next