Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Fires Head Coach
So who should they go after now?
Heard Dudley was at the Middlesboro Mall.
We have to do some upgrading on our facilities. Turf our game field and build a fieldhouse. JMO
Then we can land a coach that will get us back to the 80s and 90s days.
With Middlesboro dropping into 1A in the next alignment, they will be more competitive right off the bat because there IS talent there. But to compete with the upper tier teams like Beechwood, Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard, Raceland, etc they absolutely need someone strong who has the autonomy to look at administration and say "Let me run this program and YOU back me up with the parents" based on everything I have heard and read. Seems like the biggest problems come from outside the program in most cases. Until then, they can have the nicest facilities in the world and it won't mean jack crap.

And they need a better team doctor who can inoculate them against dysentery from the long trips they have to make. Lol. The old regular posters on here will get that joke.
Middlesboro isn't that small - they will be 2A. The district won't be nearly as tough though.
They need a big change and it maybe more than just the head coach for them to be good in football again.
HCS Wrote:Middlesboro isn't that small - they will be 2A. The district won't be nearly as tough though.
My apologies. I thought they got dropped to 1A.
Middlesboro needs a coaches to help him from the little league up. They need to address how prepared their kids are when they arrive to the high school. The elementary/middle school programs are not sending the kids to the high school prepared for high school football. I saw middlesboro early in the season and the JV couldn’t huddle and line up properly, that is basic fundamentals that don’t need to be taught in high school.
As long as ole Dud is at Bell, Middlesboro is gonna be second fiddle.
E's Army Wrote:Heard Dudley was at the Middlesboro Mall.

That’s simply not true. I have been online monitoring planes rail numbers. No traffic has went in or out of the local airports. And we all know Dud is to good to drive. Hahah

I wish the best for M’boro. Although I don’t have much for them, don’t really have much against them either, I want to see them do better than what they have been. If nothing else, for those kids who stuck it out and worked hard for years.
PHSForever Wrote:My apologies. I thought they got dropped to 1A.

i have heard that they are leaving district 7
fridaynightfights Wrote:Middlesboro needs a coaches to help him from the little league up. They need to address how prepared their kids are when they arrive to the high school. The elementary/middle school programs are not sending the kids to the high school prepared for high school football. I saw middlesboro early in the season and the JV couldn’t huddle and line up properly, that is basic fundamentals that don’t need to be taught in high school.
Feeder programs are the foundation for successful high school football!!! Crucial, IMO.

Hound05 Wrote:That’s simply not true. I have been online monitoring planes rail numbers. No traffic has went in or out of the local airports. And we all know Dud is to good to drive. Hahah

I wish the best for M’boro. Although I don’t have much for them, don’t really have much against them either, I want to see them do better than what they have been. If nothing else, for those kids who stuck it out and worked hard for years.
Middlesboro football used to be the standard that everybody else tried to achieve.
Middlesboro needs to go out of the area on the next hire. Should had kept Randy Frazier.
Just curious, how many players did Middlesboro play with in their last game this season?
Trenches07 Wrote:Just curious, how many players did Middlesboro play with in their last game this season?

27 last regular season game but not sure about playoff game according to khsaa
Granny Bear Wrote:Middlesboro football used to be the standard that everybody else tried to achieve.

Oh I know! They had some players back in the day that would ring your bell!
PHSForever Wrote:With Middlesboro dropping into 1A in the next alignment, they will be more competitive right off the bat because there IS talent there. But to compete with the upper tier teams like Beechwood, Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard, Raceland, etc they absolutely need someone strong who has the autonomy to look at administration and say "Let me run this program and YOU back me up with the parents" based on everything I have heard and read. Seems like the biggest problems come from outside the program in most cases. Until then, they can have the nicest facilities in the world and it won't mean jack crap.

And they need a better team doctor who can inoculate them against dysentery from the long trips they have to make. Lol. The old regular posters on here will get that joke.

Beechwood moves to 2A next year and Newport Central Catholic moves to 1A.
Anyword on who might be the possible hire
I think they should go after Chappell at Whitley
Now that this has happened, I'm more ambivalent about it than I thought I would be.

Hoping for the best, but regardless of who the new guy is, assembling a staff will likely be a challenge.
Getting out of a district with Danville, LCA and the Bunnies will help. Having stood on their side of the field one game it appeared the kids knew their coach was gone and ignored him. They spent most of the games listening to their parents. It sounded like a bunch of soccer parents who had never seen a game until their kids started playing. Jackets needed a change but parents can not undermine new coach or it will be more of the same.
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:Anyword on who might be the possible hire

If what I hear is true. Possibly the middle school coach. I'm pretty sure he didn't win a game this year. They better get out of the school system or It will be the same old thing again.
BellCo18 Wrote:So who should they go after now?

A Whitley County coach?lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think they should go after Chappell at Whitley

Will he leave?
The only way Dudley is gonna leave is if it's for his couch in his living room. Man is a legendary coach but he's at the end of his career.
Not knowing their finances, and keeping in mind none of these are likely and all are probably just no chance, but I’d at least make my best offer to Herron at Williamsburg, Dudley, and while your swinging for fences ask Haddix. If you got the money and right position you never know. After those three I’d talk to Harris at Lynn Camp. He’s turned them around and Middlesboro is a lot better job than LC.
Strikeout King Wrote:The only way Dudley is gonna leave is if it's for his couch in his living room. Man is a legendary coach but he's at the end of his career.

You don’t know Dudley very well. Dudley has one love .....money. The most gets him. Especially if he doesn’t have to move. If Middlesboro wants to spend it ,I for one thinks he will consider it.
WhyLie Wrote:You don’t know Dudley very well. Dudley has one love .....money. The most gets him. Especially if he doesn’t have to move. If Middlesboro wants to spend it ,I for one thinks he will consider it.

Absolutely . . . entertains/considers all generous offers. Just leave the donation on the dresser.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Not knowing their finances, and keeping in mind none of these are likely and all are probably just no chance, but I’d at least make my best offer to Herron at Williamsburg, Dudley, and while your swinging for fences ask Haddix. If you got the money and right position you never know. After those three I’d talk to Harris at Lynn Camp. He’s turned them around and Middlesboro is a lot better job than LC.

Herron won't coach much longer and Lynn Camp ain't turned around. You'll see that in a little while.
Other than poaching a head coach, another option might be bringing in a proven, experienced assistant from a successful program.

It will be hard to attract someone to the crater from too far away, but it might be worthwhile to search the staffs at some nearby winners to see if anyone is ready to run their own program...places like Corbin, Paintsville, Knox, Hazard, Somerset, Williamsburg, etc.