Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Jr. High Baseball
I hear that in the 2008 baseball season, different schools will be forming Jr. High Baseball teams. i think its a good idea and helps the kids get interested in the game. I know for a fact Pikeville is.

Lets see what you think about it.
Paintsville, JC, Morgan, Sebastian, Hazard, Boyd and few others already have teams and it has been great. It is an awesome idea.
In order to win on a consistent basis I think it must be done. This is only going to make mountain teams better when they compete against the states best later on in their careers.
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville, JC, Morgan, Sebastian, Hazard, Boyd and few others already have teams and it has been great. It is an awesome idea.

yea that is true. i was just thinking of pikeville surrounding teams. paintsville and JC are surrounding but you know what i mean
This will be the first year P-ville will have a jr. high baseball team and it will give them a little expierence in what they will be p 2 in the next few years.
I believe this is a very good thing indeed. The more baseball a kid can play at an early age can only develop him more. This gives kids to play something other than LL or CR
This will get them ready to for the high school years if they stick threw it
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville, JC, Morgan, Sebastian, Hazard, Boyd and few others already have teams and it has been great. It is an awesome idea.

Boyd County does not have a Middle School team. They had a local traveling team in the Boyd County Storm, but no school affiliated team.
What is the age or grade breakdown for these teams. Just a middle school team or is there a team for every grade??? please inform me of the breakdown.
Thanks
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:What is the age or grade breakdown for these teams. Just a middle school team or is there a team for every grade??? please inform me of the breakdown.
Thanks

I believe these middle school teams are 8th/7th/6th Grade together.
Butkus Wrote:Boyd County does not have a Middle School team. They had a local traveling team in the Boyd County Storm, but no school affiliated team.

Wel, who did we play last year that had Boyd Co. on their Unis and David Trimble helped coach? Maybe that was a dream.
OffTheHook Wrote:Wel, who did we play last year that had Boyd Co. on their Unis and David Trimble helped coach? Maybe that was a dream.

If you played a team with Trimble coaching then it was a team made up of few 8th/9th/10 graders.....I dont really call that Middle School, but call it what you want. You played Boyd's JV team.

Boyd County does not have a Middle school team. 6th/7th/ and some 8th graders play league ball or on traveling teams. The High School coaches will be a player or two in 7th and 8th grade sometimes and put them on the JV, but not always.
Well, it doesn't matter. They played our Middle School and our boys got PT. That's all that matters. I am glad to see all these other schools starting to field MS team now as well.
We are starting a middle school team in Martin Co. as well. Looking for some games.
slingblade93 Wrote:We are starting a middle school team in Martin Co. as well. Looking for some games.

What grades? 7th and 8th together?
There will be a 13 yr old team based out of Boyd County called the River Cities Panthers that would like to schedule any Middle School that wants to play.

If interested email Roger Hamilton at [email]bjjrhamilton@hotmail.com[/email].