Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County @ Franklin County
Both teams coming off easy round 1 wins to meet in Frankfort to play in region. Thoughts?
I mean for the right to play in region, sorry :lmao:
Wayne by 10
Boyle Co played both of these teams early in the year so here's a Rebels perspective on the game.

@ Boyle Co - 50
Franklin Co - 7

Boyle Co - 48
@ Wayne Co - 7

Neither team put up much fight against the Rebels on defense. The Rebs threw the ball at will all game on both. So the edge in this game is the ability to throw the ball for the Flyers. Along with playing at home while the Cards have to make the 3 hour drive north. The Cards will be motivated and will play hard for the coach but I just think they can't match up with Franklin Co.

I'll say:

Flyers - 30
Cards - 20
Interesting match up, what does Wayne bring to the table? Not seeing them before I’m in the dark here. Flyers did at times move the ball on the rebels of Boyle Co. but couldn’t turn them into points. Boyle did throw all over them though. Not sure that game can be a measuring stick for this game for either team.
Cardinals 72-14
FCSPY Wrote:Interesting match up, what does Wayne bring to the table? Not seeing them before I’m in the dark here. Flyers did at times move the ball on the rebels of Boyle Co. but couldn’t turn them into points. Boyle did throw all over them though. Not sure that game can be a measuring stick for this game for either team.

Honestly I think the Flyers will be in control the entire game. Wayne plays hard and are coached well but they have very little speed and Franklin Co should be able to throw on them. Wayne didn't throw much on us but I'm not sure what they did in other games. They aren't overly big or athletic....the Flyers are not a good matchup for them imo.
I think you can throw both team's game against Boyle out the window.

I know Wayne Co. has seen a team shift from being led by Defense to being led by its Offense. Sophomores Braedon Sloan and Brody Weaver have grown up through the season and made huge contributions.

After several injuries the defense has seemed to get its legs underneath it, and may be back to form after dominating last Friday.

Cal Preps has the Cards winning by 1 at a neutral site. With this being at Franklin, I see the Flyers favored by a few points.

Special teams play will be huge.
Cards, have been ranked above FCHS all year. I have noticed that.
Franklin Co. 28
Wayne Co. 17
Franklin been underrated all year. I think they will handle Wayne like they did Knox.
They have a lot of talented shilled kids.
FC 35-20
Cardinals win it 28-27.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Franklin been underrated all year. I think they will handle Wayne like they did Knox.
They have a lot of talented shilled kids.
FC 35-20

Young team, and they have been ran out of the stadium in there two losses. So I think they are kind of where they belong. Still no details on Wayne and what they run and look like.
Pulling for Wayne County 100% but I’m picking Franklin County :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

Franklin County 34
Wayne County 21
64SUR Wrote:Pulling for Wayne County 100% but I’m picking Franklin County :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

that hurts:ChairHit:
imo, it'll be a low scoring game, with the the last second that decides winner/loser

Wayne:13
Franklin:14
This should be a good one. I'll take Wayne County.
I’m going with my Flyers! Unsure of how they will react in a close game...
side note : can someone who's going post the final score. I won't be able to attend since i'm sick. thanks in advance
BigBoy52 Wrote:side note : can someone who's going post the final score. I won't be able to attend since i'm sick. thanks in advance

Whoever can do this, please post periodically. Score and time remaining.

Get well soon BB52!!
FoSho Wrote:Whoever can do this, please post periodically. Score and time remaining.

Get well soon BB52!!

thanks fosho, i appreciate that
Does anyone know the final score to this game
27-21 Franklin County.
Little surprised on this one.