Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 58 Pike County Central 18 Final
Lex.Cath gets the win tonight over the Hawks to no ones surprise and without any problems. Now they'll go home and get ready for the big showdown next Friday night against the Belfry Pirates on Pond Creek. Should be a pretty good game!
Congrats to Lex Cath.
Congrats Cath. Now next week you get to drive another 20 miles east and face the big dogs. Should be a good one.
Very interested to see how the LexCath @ Belfry game plays out. Both Belfry and Boyle Co get tested by a team that prepares them for their possible matchup for the Region Final.

LexCath throws the ball.....a lot. But playing them will prepare them for Boyle Co and their passing game. That being said, the Rebels are very balanced unlike the Knights. But still....

Lawrence Co runs the ball.....a lot. By playing them it will prepare the Rebels for the ground and pound of Belfry. Belfry has more weapons and is very well coached. But still....

Now will both teams pass their "test"?
I'm proud of our kids, they played much better than the final score might indicate.

We moved the ball extremely well against them. However we couldn't keep stop Beau Allen and the passing game, they did most of their scoring on the 1st/2nd play of the series. I thought to myself, maybe it'd be wise to give their defense a little bit of a rest cause they were scoring so quickly.

Anyways with all the said. Congratulations to the Knights. They played a heck of a game. Allen is a special talent who will go far in his career.

It's going to be a great battle between the Lexington Catholic vs. Belfry.

If I had to give my hot take, Lexington Catholic is going to look to get game into a shootout. But I see them having extreme difficulties trying to stop Belfry's speed & athleticism.

Best of luck to both teams.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:I'm proud of our kids, they played much better than the final score might indicate.

We moved the ball extremely well against them. However we couldn't keep stop Beau Allen and the passing game, they did most of their scoring on the 1st/2nd play of the series. I thought to myself, maybe it'd be wise to give their defense a little bit of a rest cause they were scoring so quickly.

Anyways with all the said. Congratulations to the Knights. They played a heck of a game. Allen is a special talent who will go far in his career.

It's going to be a great battle between the Lexington Catholic vs. Belfry.

If I had to give my hot take, Lexington Catholic is going to look to get game into a shootout. But I see them having extreme difficulties trying to stop Belfry's speed & athleticism.

Best of luck to both teams.

I was a little surprised on how well they did against catholic. I only watched half the game after corbins got out of hand. But what I did watch, it was still a close game. PCC, like you said seemed to be driving the ball pretty good against them. I guess when I stopped watching Lex blew the top off of it, when I saw the final I was a little surprised. Didn’t expect PcC to win, but like I said, it was fairly close while I was watching.