Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Prices
Gas prices are ridiculous. Something needs to be done, and it needs to be done soon. Maybe the US should try talking some sense into the leaders of another country. Explain that if they lower their prices, they will make more money. Or something of that sort.
ComfortEagle Wrote:The problem is, there won't be enough people to boycott. Most people need to buy gas to get work, etc. In my case, I can't carpool because there isn't anyone near where I live that is going in the same direction at the same time.

Carpooling, etc. would be fine if you live in a big city, but they already have mass transit in big cities, such as buses and subways.

Too many people NEED to buy gas just so they can keep going to work and can keep making a living.

One thing, I may try and do (if I can save up enough money), is buy something like a Vespa. I saw where they can get around 55 miles per gallon. Vespas are scooters, but they are not a cute little scooter that only goes 5 mph, these things can get up to 60 mph. This would be very efficient for my travel, as I go about 4 miles of highway and then I'm in downtown.

I too live rural, but there are some central locating points that people can meet and park. You don't have to ride with just a neighbor. There again you will still be cutting the use of 1 car same. I like the scooter idea, but always safety first.
Morehead $3.19 Mt Sterling $2.79. strange ! ! ! ! !
Kentucky97 Wrote:Morehead $3.19 Mt Sterling $2.79. strange ! ! ! ! !

Seems like I heard that some kind of gas "war" was going
on in Mt. Sterling right now...cannot remember where I
heard that...but pretty sure that I did...
Well, in Phelps it is down to 2.99 a gallon.... in Williamson, it's 3.09 as of today.... Pikeville was 2.82
Ya know I think its a shame we people are tickled to death to see gas fall below 3.00 a gallon... Pitful!!!!!!
:confused: I would be tickled Pink if it stayed around $2.50 to $2.75. Wow did I really say that ?:confused: again
Kentucky97 Wrote::confused: I would be tickled Pink if it stayed around $2.50 to $2.75. Wow did I really say that ?:confused: again
And that's the point. We're being conditioned like a bunch of lab rats to accept ever increasing prices.
Or have we been conditioned to be spoiled and accept the well below world average that we paid for gas through the 1990s? Gas is still cheaper in American than in any other civilized country.
Beef Wrote:Or have we been conditioned to be spoiled and accept the well below world average that we paid for gas through the 1990s? Gas is still cheaper in American than in any other civilized country.
All I ask for is logic behind the raising & lowering of prices. It doesn't seem we have any of that. If we have ever increasing demand then prices should not drop 20 cents suddenly. I have a bachelors in psychology & this looks more like conditioning than normal price fluctuation.
GB1 Wrote:All I ask for is logic behind the raising & lowering of prices. It doesn't seem we have any of that. If we have ever increasing demand then prices should not drop 20 cents suddenly. I have a bachelors in psychology & this looks more like conditioning than normal price fluctuation.
Sorry, I have no idea what the logic behind the price changes are. Drives me crazy too.