Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County / Mercer County game moved up one day.
Boyle and Mercer will play Thursday at 7 instead of Friday at 7:30.
Looking forward to seeing some scouting going on in the stands. 😬
Probably so they could make the trip to Paintsville Friday night to do some scouting right FoSho.haha
Patriot1 Wrote:Probably so they could make the trip to Paintsville Friday night to do some scouting right FoSho.haha

Why would we scout Johnson Central? 😎
FoSho Wrote:Why would we scout Johnson Central? 😎

Just kidding about the scouting, now days to much hudl and film everywhere. But they may want to scout Johnson Central since Boyle will be 4A next year.
Patriot1 Wrote:Just kidding about the scouting, now days to much hudl and film everywhere. But they may want to scout Johnson Central since Boyle will be 4A next year.

I think Boyle has had like 4-5 rain games this year and I'm sure the staff wanted to work on some things in normal weather and have nice senior night skies.

Hope things are good Patriot1.
Mercer county’s coach must like smith because the rain would only help them in this game. Kudos to them for doing it though.
Hound05 Wrote:Mercer county’s coach must like smith because the rain would only help them in this game. Kudos to them for doing it though.

Best of friends.
FoSho Wrote:Best of friends.

Yea someone messaged me and said the same thing. Good for them. Kids deserve a special senior night. You only get one
Hound05 Wrote:Mercer county’s coach must like smith because the rain would only help them in this game. Kudos to them for doing it though.

Mercer’s coach has a lot of ties to Boyle County. His father was the Head Coach for the Rebels back in the the 60’s.

Plus, I believe Chuck was a assistant coach for Mercer when their current coach was a player for the Scotties. (Not 100%)
John Buchanan was coach at Boyle from 1969 to 1973.
Really doesn't matter what night this one is played on, Boyle wins easily.
Playing tonight makes sense for everyone. It is senior night, better weather for the fans, better gate to help finance your program. The teams should perform better and enjoy the game more. Mercer had their bye week with nearly two weeks to prepare for Boyle and now the Rebels actually have a short week to get ready for the game.
Thursday or Friday it doesn't matter. Mercer will take their beating and have one extra day to get ready for next week. Whole staff can scout tomorrow.
FoSho Wrote:I think Boyle has had like 4-5 rain games this year and I'm sure the staff wanted to work on some things in normal weather and have nice senior night skies.

Hope things are good Patriot1.

Everything good with me and I also hope everything good with you. Still want to meet sometime.
No updates
Boyle County 21
Mercer County 02
Halftime
42-2 after 3.
Boyle County 42
Mercer County 02

1.37 3Q
Final

42-2
Congrats Boyle
Congratulations to Boyle County
How did the 2 come about?
Boyle

Plays 45-443 yards
Rushing 26-139 yards 2 TDS
Passing 18-19 304 yards 4 TDS
16 1st Downs
1/1 3rd Downs
3/4 Red Zone (last Red Zone Boyle kneeled down)
Penalties 9-60 yards

Mercer

Plays 55-148 yards
Rushing 49-148 yards
Passing 0-6
9 1st downs (All in first half)
4/14 3rd downs
1/4 4th downs
Penalties 3-19 yards
Hound05 Wrote:How did the 2 come about?

Boyle stopped Mercer on downs at about the 2 or 3. Then a run that was meant to go inside was jammed up forcing the rb to go wide and he was taken down in the endzone. Bartleson was the RB and I had hoped they could rest him as he looks to be about 60-75% healthy. The Rebels are running out of time to get healthy. Luckily the first two rounds will help them a bit maybe.

Mercer actually moved the ball on the ground very well in the first half. Absolutely nothing in the second half but moved it well it the first half. I think Mercer had 9 first downs and all were in the first half.
I should also say the Reed Lanter looked really good tonight.
I am amazed at how many Rebels have been battling injuries this season. I have never seen anything like it. This is getting valuable experience for younger players but the healing process the next two/three weeks will be vital for a title run in 2018.
64black&gold Wrote:The Rebels are running out of time to get healthy. Luckily the first two rounds will help them a little bit.

I know the feeling. Good luck