Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Is The Bigger Disappointment, UCLA Or Nebraska?
This past off season both UCLA and Nebraska went out and made somewhat big name hires to lead their football programs to back to the upper echelon of college football. I know it's still very early in the process, and this stuff takes time, but no one can argue that both programs have not been disappointments so far this season as both remain winless. My question is who has been the biggest disappointment Chip Kelly at UCLA or Scott Frost at Nebraska?

UCLA
Cincinnati 17-26
Oklahoma 21-49
Fresno State 14-38
Colorado 16-38
Washington 24-31

Nebraska
Colorado 28-33
Troy 19-24
Michigan 10-56
Purdue 28-42
Wisconsin 24-41
Nebraska hands down. They've played the weaker schedule, had way more hype coming into the season with Scott Frost coming to town, and they've done nothing. There's no excuse for the loss to Troy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Nebraska hands down. They've played the weaker schedule, had way more hype coming into the season with Scott Frost coming to town, and they've done nothing. There's no excuse for the loss to Troy.

Ultimately, I don't necessarily disagree with, you, but I'm going to play devil's advocate. Coming out of Oregon, Chip Kelly was one of the hottest coaches in the country. His time at Philadelphia and San Francisco certainly caused his stock to drop, but he has been very successful at the college level, coached in a national championship game, and changed the college game with his up tempo offense. Chip Kelly inherited a UCLA team that went 6-7 includied a loss in it the Cheese-It bowl to Kansas State. This season UCLA has lost to the 7th, 11th, 19th and 25th ranked teams.

Nebraska has had a rough year. There is no arguing that. Their starting quarterback and best offensive player was injured in their opening season game against Colorado and missed the Troy game. He has tried playing through the injury, but has been hampered. Scott Frost inherited a 4-7. This season Nebraska has lost to the 12th, 15th, and 17th ranked teams.

Who has had the most disappointing season so far? I'm not really sure. Some may say Chip Kelly inherited the better team. I don't know. Regardless, both teams have been really bad.
they are both equal
UCLA I expected Nebraska to be bad
I think there both equally disappointing considering their tradition. From a coaching standpoint you have to say Kelly has been the biggest disappointment. Kelly established himself as one of the top coaches in college football while at Oregon. Frost on the other hand is fairly new to head coaching and while going undefeated at UCF (as they are this season if that tells you anything) his name doesnt carry as much weight as Chip Kelly.
NEBRASKA

Nebraska will NEVER be a national power like they once were.

Tennessee, Notre Dame & Nebraska will NEVER have the football program they once had.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:NEBRASKA

Nebraska will NEVER be a national power like they once were.

Tennessee, Notre Dame & Nebraska will NEVER have the football program they once had.

I HOPE you're wrong on the Nebraska prediction, but the other two no so much. Why do you feel this way, Pulp?