Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Draft
Man I would love to see Cincy get Paul Posluzsny.
I'm really impressed with the moves Savage and the Cleveland Browns have made this off-season. Who would have thought they could get 2 Top 5 picks in one round? Joe Thomas at #3 and Brady Quinn at #22. Not bad for my Brownies, ey -STATS-?
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm really impressed with the moves Savage and the Cleveland Browns have made this off-season. Who would have thought they could get 2 Top 5 picks in one round? Joe Thomas at #3 and Brady Quinn at #22. Not bad for my Brownies, ey -STATS-?

But it's still up in the air whether Quinn can perform in big games, and right now it's still not in his favor.

However, it was a smart move knowing that no one would draft him before they could trade up, so it might end up being a great move if he ends up being good.

25Carolina Jon Beason - OLB
26DallasAnthony Spencer - DE
27New OrleansRobert Meachem - WR
28San FranciscoJoe Staley - OT
29BaltimoreBen Grubbs - OG
30San DiegoCraig Davis - WR
31ChicagoGreg Olsen - TE

Indy's next
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
-STATS- Wrote:Man I would love to see Cincy get Paul Posluzsny.

Amen, brother, Amen, hope and pray
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Indy takes Anthony Gonzalez (WR- Ohio State) for the 32nd pick to end the first round.

Arizona's up next, Cincinnati's at 17 in the second round.
2nd Round

1 Arizona Alan Branch - DT
2Buffalo Paul Posluszny - OLB

There goes that idea for Cinci,
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm really impressed with the moves Savage and the Cleveland Browns have made this off-season. Who would have thought they could get 2 Top 5 picks in one round? Joe Thomas at #3 and Brady Quinn at #22. Not bad for my Brownies, ey -STATS-?

Very impressed with the first day moves Cleveland has made. Now we will see if they can live up to the hype, especially Quinn. Alot riding on the Golden Boys shoulders.
BFritz Wrote:2nd Round

1 Arizona Alan Branch - DT
2Buffalo Paul Posluszny - OLB

There goes that idea for Cinci,

Well crap, Buffalo got them a very good one. I also figured Branch would go way higher in the draft. So Fritz who do you think Cincy will draft now?
why does detroit waste every years pick on a good wr. they have like 8 really good wr's but can't find a decen't qb. i wish calvinjohnson could have got away from them
I wonder why the Bengals hate me......... they took Kenny Irons, a running back in the second round, I'm so upset right now.
BFritz Wrote:I wonder why the Bengals hate me......... they took Kenny Irons, a running back in the second round, I'm so upset right now.

Why in the world would they need Irons? Work on defense more! This thoroughly upsets me as well.
-STATS- Wrote:Why in the world would they need Irons? Work on defense more! This thoroughly upsets me as well.

The only thing that I can think of is using him as a third down back and a slot back, but he only had 10 receptions this season........ I'm so mad that I can't even see straight.
Irons is an ok pick by the Bengals. Chris Perry seems to have a hard time staying healthy and Rudi is starting to get some age on him.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Irons is an ok pick by the Bengals. Chris Perry seems to have a hard time staying healthy and Rudi is starting to get some age on him.

Rudi's 27, still 2 or 3 more years before he's considered old
cinci got really lucky gettin hall and with rudi, hes not gettin old but hes gettin a lot of wear and tear.
You've got to be kidding me! Kenny Irons? Did the entire front office smoke some of Johnathan Joseph's 'stuff' between rounds today?

Not that he's a bad player, but c'mon. This pick does NOT make the Bengals appreciably better next year. With other needs on defense like OLB, DT, and safety, this just makes no sense. So what if Perry is hurt? Irons will be at best a 3rd down back (if Perry can't go this year), on an offense that didn't really need much help. Yet our defense will enter the season with Jeanty starting at OLB and nothing behind the two starting safeties.

It's funny, I had just mentioned in a post on here a few weeks ago something along the lines of, ' I hope the Bengals don't do something stupid like take a RB, a la the Chris Perry pick from a couple years ago'. I was just joking at the time, but I underestimated the ineptitude in their front office.

As happy as I was about landing Hall, this pick makes me want to pull my hair out.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So far looks like the Raiders have had a good draft. Al Davis must be slippin...
More Cowbell Wrote:You've got to be kidding me! Kenny Irons? Did the entire front office smoke some of Johnathan Joseph's 'stuff' between rounds today?

Not that he's a bad player, but c'mon. This pick does NOT make the Bengals appreciably better next year. With other needs on defense like OLB, DT, and safety, this just makes no sense. So what if Perry is hurt? Irons will be at best a 3rd down back (if Perry can't go this year), on an offense that didn't really need much help. Yet our defense will enter the season with Jeanty starting at OLB and nothing behind the two starting safeties.

It's funny, I had just mentioned in a post on here a few weeks ago something along the lines of, ' I hope the Bengals don't do something stupid like take a RB, a la the Chris Perry pick from a couple years ago'. I was just joking at the time, but I underestimated the ineptitude in their front office.

As happy as I was about landing Hall, this pick makes me want to pull my hair out.

I agree, and I'm hoping the only offensive player that they take is a tight end, and I hope it's not til late............... but they let me down once again
BFritz Wrote:I agree, and I'm hoping the only offensive player that they take is a tight end, and I hope it's not til late............... but they let me down once again

Sorry if it seems I'm on here venting, but I'm just sick and tired of the Bengals pulling this kind of crap every year. I mean, you don't have a third rounder, and second-day picks aren't usually going to come in and be starters, so the team basically had two chances to get impact players for their defense who could start. And while Leon Hall was great, they completely blew it with the pick of Irons. You want to draft a guy to be the backup to your backup RB? Fine, sounds like a perfect 6th or 7th round pick. NOT 2nd round.

Same old Bengals...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Sorry if it seems I'm on here venting, but I'm just sick and tired of the Bengals pulling this kind of crap every year. I mean, you don't have a third rounder, and second-day picks aren't usually going to come in and be starters, so the team basically had two chances to get impact players for their defense who could start. And while Leon Hall was great, they completely blew it with the pick of Irons. You want to draft a guy to be the backup to your backup RB? Fine, sounds like a perfect 6th or 7th round pick. NOT 2nd round.

Same old Bengals...
you just vented for me, and as much as I love them, that was stupid
the only logical explanation for Cinci drafting Irons IMO, is that they will start doing what a lot of the NFL teams are doing, and thats splitting the load in the backfield, with Johnson getting a little more rest because, lets face it, that dude's a workhorse, and even him, in as good a condition as he's in, has to get tired towards the end of the game. And he's 27, which means that even though he's got 3 or 4 good years ahead of him, all this is going to do is prolong his career. Irons is a horse too, and both are beat and bang backs, which means they will punish teams all game long with their style, with no dropoff in stamina. And when Johnson decides he's had enough, you'll have Irons in his prime ready to carry the load. I hate this pick because Pittsburgh has a hard enough time stopping Rudi.
that genius Matt Millen will end up moving Calvin Johnson to QBBig Grin
t-cat50 Wrote:why does detroit waste every years pick on a good wr. they have like 8 really good wr's but can't find a decen't qb. i wish calvinjohnson could have got away from them
My Skins took LaRon Landry and who is IMO, another Ed Reed in the making. The boy just makes plays on defense. I like the pick!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:My Skins took LaRon Landry and who is IMO, another Ed Reed in the making. The boy just makes plays on defense. I like the pick!

I was surprised that he went that early and upset because I had some wild hope that the Bengals would trade up to take a backer in the first and then Landry in the second.
I am kinda surprised at the move to take him that early also. But a GREAT COMBINE has him running a 4.32 at 6'1 and over 200 lbs that can just help a total defense out in all aspects. Great cover secondary man who plays like a LB and the strength of a DT. I like it. Of course I like any draft pick for an SEC player because 8 out of 10 are NFL ready because of the SEC being so difficult!
The Bengals never cease to amaze me. They have just drafted a quarterback in the 5th round. What is going on up there in Cincy? First Irons yesterday, now this nonsense.

Yet this pick makes even less sense. Marvin already said that this guy is going to be the third QB behind Doug Johnson, that they were going to give this guy a chance to develop. For what? Palmer is on a long contract, so this guy will be no better than a backup for the next several years. You don't draft a guy and sit him behind another young QB, that's what veteran guys like Johnson are for.

Again, not saying the guy is not a good player, it just that the pick doesn't make sense for this team. Oh well, let's just pull a trifecta of wasted picks and grab a receiver next round. :thumpsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bengals took a Safety in the fourth- smart, QB in the fifth- we need a QB, but upset me that we took one that early, then Matt Toeaina- DT from Oregon in the sixth, which I'm happy about.
BFritz Wrote:Bengals took a Safety in the fourth- smart, QB in the fifth- we need a QB, but upset me that we took one that early, then Matt Toeaina- DT from Oregon in the sixth, which I'm happy about.

I am happy about the picks of safety and DT, but it looks like if we're going to get a 'backer, it's going to have to be in the 7th round. Not good, especially since I was hoping we would get a starter at OLB in the draft. Guess we're stuck with Jeanty now.

Actually, I did read we had offered Ed Hartwell a contract. Anyone know if he's an inside or outside LB?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does anyone know were Chris Leak or Heisman winner Troy Smith landed? Last time I watched it was in the 5th round and there names hadn't been called yet.
-STATS- Wrote:Does anyone know were Chris Leak or Heisman winner Troy Smith landed? Last time I watched it was in the 5th round and there names hadn't been called yet.

Well one of my questions were answered, Troy Smith went Round 5 174th pick to the Baltimore Ravens. Leak has yet to be selected and the draft is in the 7th and final round.