Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets
Brackets are now officially out. Idk how to link/post a picture from my phone. Someone wanna post them in here?
I'll try to tonight when I get home
I know seedings have nothing whatsoever to do with how good a team is but it's just funny to see Pikeville seeded lower than a team they beat 40-0.Confusednicker:
No more dodging, making excuses, canceling, or running away da Hounds are on the hunt!!
I feel bad for the teams that have run from corbin all year.
I know he wont do it, but I'd like to see Coach Jackson put up 100 on them
jetpilot Wrote:I know seedings have nothing whatsoever to do with how good a team is but it's just funny to see Pikeville seeded lower than a team they beat 40-0.Confusednicker:
Curious about that myself...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Curious about that myself...

I think instead of record, its a points based system. Points given for wins, losses, scheduling, score reporting etc.

Maybe someone can post a link to clear that up because I don't want be incorrect. I just don't know where to go to view or keep up with the stats.
Win vs D1 = 30 points
Win vs D2 = 20 points
Win vs D3 = 10 points
Loss = 0 points

Turn in game score report for a game = receive 1 bonus point (can get up to 10 bonus points max)

D3 team plays a D1 team = get 5 points for a loss (get 30 points for the win)

Total points divided by games played = points average

Conference winner = 2pt adder to points average (rarely effects anything)
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I feel bad for the teams that have run from corbin all year.

Believe me just losing to us is bad enough that regional championship in 7th grade may send a few to the mental ward by the time it’s over :truestory:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I feel bad for the teams that have run from corbin all year.

I would!! It’s a tough lesson they need to learn. I would feel somewhat bad for their kids, but you know what? They need to learn a lesson too. You can’t run from competition, you embrace it.
Hound05 Wrote:I would!! It’s a tough lesson they need to learn. I would feel somewhat bad for their kids, but you know what? They need to learn a lesson too. You can’t run from competition, you embrace it.

I have no idea what team you Corbin fellas are discussing but y'all shouldn't be worried about much. Corbin 7th and 8th are just absolutely loaded.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I have no idea what team you Corbin fellas are discussing but y'all shouldn't be worried about much. Corbin 7th and 8th are just absolutely loaded.

There’s more than one team that’s canceled last minute, had an excuse not to play, or just flat out ran from this group and some of the programs who’ve done it would flat out surprise you. No running now, we bout to do this Redhound style...:devilflam
chs crazy Wrote:There’s more than one team that’s canceled last minute, had an excuse not to play, or just flat out ran from this group and some of the programs who’ve done it would flat out surprise you. No running now, we bout to do this Redhound style...:devilflam

^^^THIS!! Not to mention the ones that met up behind our backs to kick us out of the conference before the season started. But that’s ok. The games we have to schedule now only help us further our goals for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!

But yea it’s funny how you have to guilt teams to reschedule you after they canceled. We need contracts and fines. I guarantee you one thing when we have down years those same teams will fight each other to play us!
When is that down year coming? Cause from what i heard, the Corbin youth program is killing it as well.
Hound05 Wrote:^^^THIS!! Not to mention the ones that met up behind our backs to kick us out of the conference before the season started. But that’s ok. The games we have to schedule now only help us further our goals for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!

But yea it’s funny how you have to guilt teams to reschedule you after they canceled. We need contracts and fines. I guarantee you one thing when we have down years those same teams will fight each other to play us!

There currently are contracts and fines, but no one uses the contracts so, its really on the schools/teams themselves.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:When is that down year coming? Cause from what i heard, the Corbin youth program is killing it as well.

We hired a new recruiting coordinator, his name is PJ Dougie....:Clap:
How was the Region Championship sites determined?
CBDV Wrote:How was the Region Championship sites determined?

Sites submit an interest to host.
chs crazy Wrote:We hired a new recruiting coordinator, his name is PJ Dougie....:Clap:

Great that would be placing a anaconda in a cage with a group of Garden snakes. All those slippery snakes. Lol
Updates to brackets

Region 1
Moss 7th - out
Henderson North 7th - out
Moss 8th - out
Henderson North 8th - out

Region 3
Union Jaguars 7th - out
Union Jaguars 8th - out

Scores
8th
McCracken Co 20 - Graves Co 6
Please forgive me but I have been away from this middle school thing for a long while. Do they not allow the Lexington and Louisville public schools to participate in this or did they just not qualify. Thanks in advance.
cadets1988 Wrote:Please forgive me but I have been away from this middle school thing for a long while. Do they not allow the Lexington and Louisville public schools to participate in this or did they just not qualify. Thanks in advance.

JCPS decided not to participate in playoffs this year and do their own City Championship.

Lexington (FCPS) current schedule/setup makes it impossible for them to compete in playoffs, but we have been in discussions with them all year working on a way to get them to compete in 2019.
thank you. I should have known it was something as simple as that. Good luck, hopefully you can get them on board. Looks amazing
Middlesboro forfeits
cadets1988 Wrote:Please forgive me but I have been away from this middle school thing for a long while. Do they not allow the Lexington and Louisville public schools to participate in this or did they just not qualify. Thanks in advance.

"State Tourney"....without the two biggest cities in KY participating?!?! 🙄
7th grade action tonight

Logan Co 22 - Franklin Simpson 6
McCracken Co 36 - Marshall Co 14
Edmonson Co 28 - Campbellsville 0
South Warren 24 - Browning Springs 12
South Hopkins 32 - Warren East 6
FoSho Wrote:"State Tourney"....without the two biggest cities in KY participating?!?! 🙄

Everyone makes there own choices right?

Rumor has it that the JCPS city championship has had 5 teams forfeit the tournament already.
Fayette county schools are working to adjust there schedule to make it so they can join next season (hopefully).

JCPS wanted to try a Cuty only tournament this year and to no ones surprise the normal JCPS teams that are good and have done well in State, are the same ones atop the JCPS tournament (Westport, Newburg, JCTMS, barret and (recent success) Stuart).

Some teams throughout the state WANT to join and compete for the KYMSFA State titles but people in more power had rules against them for whatever reason.