Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Have Good Wide Recievers This Year?
I know Fleming and Powell have some great wide recievers. Does anyone else
orangefan07 Wrote:I know Fleming and Powell have some great wide recievers. Does anyone else

Who does Powell have? I know Fleming typically has some excellent WR's so no real question there.
Powell's best two recievers this year will be Jordan Wright and David Crowe. Jordan is a senior next year and has been in the weightroom since January and is as strong as a Lineman. David Crowe is an all-around athlete and a junior next year. He has also been in the weightroom for a while and you can see the difference and how important the weightroom is. Both of these two run under a 4.8 in the 40. Who does fleming have? I thought that there majority of receivers and Qb graduated. I think Powell will have the best recievers in their district.
To bad Powell doesn't have a decent quarterback to get those good recievers the ball...Smile
Watch out for Tyler Baker of Pikeville in 2007. He is around 6'1"-6'2" about 185-195lbs. He will catch anything and is an excellent athlete.
east ridge is losing cory mullins and jerran robinson but we still have mike rowe and some good freshman and jv recivers lined up
champion24 Wrote:east ridge is losing cory mullins and jerran robinson but we still have mike rowe and some good freshman and jv recivers lined up

Mullins and Robinson were are olny good recivers but I think Tyler Pig and Mike Rowe Can do just as good. We also have Tyler Bently and cody absure. Tyler B had a couple of good touchdown recptions at the ER/Magoffin JV game.
Southwestern's Adam White, Kodi Brooks, and Anthony Mitchell.
all show great talent and speed... something for DB's to watch out for...
bluegrassballa Wrote:To bad Powell doesn't have a decent quarterback to get those good recievers the ball...Smile

Billy Rice is the best quarterback that Powell Co. has ever had. So get over that you Ryon Stewert lovers.
Tyler C. wasn't too shabby, how many Powell qb's have you seen play?
I have seen a few play but right now i think that Micah Drake from Powell is the best but Billy Rice is young and i think will be a great quarterback
orangefan07 Wrote:I know Fleming and Powell have some great wide recievers. Does anyone else
Rusty Herald from Breathitt Co.
baseballking Wrote:Billy Rice is the best quarterback that Powell Co. has ever had. So get over that you Ryon Stewert lovers.

Matt Rigsby in the late 90's is the best I ever saw from Powell.
baseballking Wrote:Billy Rice is the best quarterback that Powell Co. has ever had. So get over that you Ryon Stewert lovers.

Yeah if only he is playing against the youth teams. He may be the worst in the interception department but not overall. And its Ryan Stewart.

Yeah if only he is playing against the youth teams. He may be the best in the interception department but not overall. And its Ryan Stewart.
Russell doesnt have receivers, DO WE???? I know that Marcus Frasure played the END position but we dont have receivers. OOOHH I Guess we do,, but they are usually a back or an end. Split outs are extrememly rare at Russell.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Yea bluegrassballa your reall cool. Do you even play football or your just a punk who runs his mouth. You maybe good i dont know you but you shouldnt put other people down like that exspecially on here
Yea bluegrassballa your reall cool. Do you even play football or your just a punk who runs his mouth. You may be good i dont know you but you shouldnt put other people down like that exspecially on here
bluegrassballa Wrote:Yeah if only he is playing against the youth teams. He may be the worst in the interception department but not overall. And its Ryan Stewart.
Ryan Stewart is the BEST football player Powell has ever had, Ever.
He was a true game breaker. This kid truely had division 1 potential..
He was 6'4, 240 and ran a legit 4-8 40. He Lead the team at Qb but in order to help the team, He made the transition to Tailback and lead the team in rushing and winning their last 3 district games. Micah Drake was a great young man. Very intelligent, smart and a winner. But without a doubt , Big Stew was the man. He was the Qb, The toughest kid on the team and a FREAKIN WARRIOR! NO FEAR OR INTIMIDATION, He wasn't timid or afraid and he never ever backed down from anyone. Billy Rice has tremendous potential but Jesse Rose does as well. Midee 1, Do you remember the big qb Powell had back in '04?
He was #10. All these young men have positives. Big Stew and Micah both were leaders and Billy Rice can be a great leader as well as Jesse Rose who is a super athelete.
Ryan Stewart will always be the man above men at Powell. He could run over you, I wont say run around you, That wasn't his style. Big Stew will be the starting qb at Thomas Moore this season.
WE can be positive about them all. You simply cannot take away from the caliber of player a Ryan Stewart was. Billy could be the next great qb but so could Jesse.
Let's wait and see who the Qb for Powell actually is..................
It's gonna be a dogfight as to who gets the job and no-one is a lock.
We all can speculate, but let's wait and see. Noone can guaruntee right now who it's gonna be as of yet????
At Letcher Central We lose to great wide recivers in jon adams an john tucker. But we do have a good junior to be senior reciver in Stacy Phillips he is about 6 '2 an 180, has good size hands an qucik feet about a 4.5 4.6 forty. He should steady our offense between runnig and passing.