Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zip Zone Classic
Who is in the ZIP Zone this year and where is it being played
Games will be played at the old Sheldon Clark High School Gym, I believe. The old gym was where they had graduation last year and from what I saw before, a nice new playing floor was installed.

10 : 15 - Sheldon Clark vs Prestonsburg: Girls game.
11 : 55 - Pikeville vs Taylor County
1 : 20 - Shelby Valley vs Elliott County
2 : 45- Scott County vs University Heights
4: 10 - George Rogers Clark vs Trinity
5 : 35 - Johnson Central vs Knott County
7 : 00 - Pendleton County vs Chapmanville, WV
8 : 25 - Sheldon Clark vs Greenup County
^ Wow, hasn't LC graciously hosted the Zip Zone for several years now and they're not even a part of the tournament this year???
^ Pretty sure LC was paid Big Bucks to use their gym and SCHS had to send their janitors to clean up after the tournament. Jim Booth and Zip Zone furnished the people and food in the concession stand... But thanks to LC and Doctor Robbie
BallFan1952 Wrote:^ Pretty sure LC was paid Big Bucks to use their gym and SCHS had to send their janitors to clean up after the tournament. Jim Booth and Zip Zone furnished the people and food in the concession stand... But thanks to LC and Doctor Robbie
my understanding is, and always has been, that LC DONATED their facilities for FREE.
Creeker Wrote:my understanding is, and always has been, that LC DONATED their facilities for FREE.

Nope, you got some bad info about their gym being donated.
How can you host an event in school/gym that was deemed too "unsafe" to have students and staff in? Especially after you accepted big money from the state claiming the building was to unsafe.
WinkWinkler Wrote:How can you host an event in school/gym that was deemed too "unsafe" to have students and staff in? Especially after you accepted big money from the state claiming the building was to unsafe.

That's a good question, but they are. Jim Booth owns the building now and maybe the standards are different for him than a school system, or maybe he fixed the problems and now it's safe. :Thumbs: Let's play basketball :rockon:
Unfortunately, it does not work that way. Hopefully nobody will complain.
^How does it work and who is complaining and complaining about what???
Simple. "Student Athletes" cannot play in a school/gym that has been closed for safety reasons. What insurance is going to cover the event? There are several people that will complain. Not everyone that is being fleeced to pay higher school taxes for an unneeded new high school are happy about this direct flaunt in their face. The flaunt being, The school is not safe to have academics but is safe for sporting events.
BallFan1952 Wrote:Nope, you got some bad info about their gym being donated.

I think maybe you don’t know as much as you think you know my friend...
When is the tournament
November 24th.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Simple. "Student Athletes" cannot play in a school/gym that has been closed for safety reasons. What insurance is going to cover the event? There are several people that will complain. Not everyone that is being fleeced to pay higher school taxes for an unneeded new high school are happy about this direct flaunt in their face. The flaunt being, The school is not safe to have academics but is safe for sporting events.

I wish it was simple but it's not, you may remember the old SCHS was 2 separate freestanding buildings connected by a common enclosed walkway, and maybe the safety concern or problem the KDE had was with the classroom building and not the gym?

Maybe Jim Booth the new owner of the property has fixed any problems pertaining to gym, if in fact there were any problems with the gym?

I think Larry James would of contacted and got approval from the KDE and KHSAA before moving forward with this year's Zip Zone Classic.

I think Martin County Kids should get to go to a new school, just like kids in Pike, Floyd, Magoffin and most other counties in Kentucky?

I think most tax payers in Martin County are more outraged with our County Clown and his band of 5 fools who approved building the new courthouse, versus building a new high school for the kids.

So let the Haters hate and the complainers cry but the Zip Zone Classic will be played as planned with 16 great teams with great kids all taking part in a great day of basketball and anyone feeling "unsafe" has the right to stay home.
Wrong on several accounts:
1. The gym is part of the building, not separate.
2. He has done nothing to address safety issues.
3. County Clown and his 5 fools have nothing to do with building a new school.
4. Not even close to 16 great teams. Not even close to 16 great players.
Will be my last comment as you are clearly close to the situation (Player, coach, administration)
Very nice field as always.
Here are my predictions:
10 : 15 - Sheldon Clark vs Prestonsburg: Girls game.- Sheldon Clark wins
11 : 55 - Pikeville vs Taylor County- Pikeville wins
1 : 20 - Shelby Valley vs Elliott County- Shelby Valley wins
2 : 45- Scott County vs University Heights- Scott County wins
4: 10 - George Rogers Clark vs Trinity- Trinity wins
5 : 35 - Johnson Central vs Knott County- Johnson Central wins
7 : 00 - Pendleton County vs Chapmanville, WV- Chapmanville wins
8 : 25 - Sheldon Clark vs Greenup County - Sheldon Clark Wins
Lol damn it Kelly why don’t you build a new school for the BOARD OF EDUCATION??????
FYI graduation was held in the old SCHS gymnasium this past summer.
Wolverine Wrote:Very nice field as always.
Here are my predictions:

[Image:

]

wolfy, you must have gotten hold of some of that punkin juice with that type of prediction. Patriot Nation will rise like momma's cakes on Sunday, wowza!

#crosseyedbeforenoon More mash taters please!!!
Should be a good day of ball
Why would Sheldon Clark play the weakest team in the field?
^who should Greenup County play???
I would think the host would want to be challenged in the preseason.
Lc was payed to play in the zip zone using the gym was free Sheldon Clark had to clean it up i do know this for sure
^ LC was payed to play in the tournament just as everyone else who played was... SC brought their own concessions and folks to run it and take the gate.... and kept all the proceeds from that. LC offered the facilities for FREE... PERIOD
Wolverine Wrote:Very nice field as always.
Here are my predictions:

I wouldn't be so sure about Scott Co beating UHA. Hicks has never played these preseason games to win. Over his long career his teams have won very few of them.
Will Sheldon Clark be using the gym purchased by Jim Booth this season???
ducky Wrote:Will Sheldon Clark be using the gym purchased by Jim Booth this season???

From what I've seen, yes they are. I am guessing this will be the last year the old gym will host with the new Martin County High School set to open next school year.
clipperw Wrote:From what I've seen, yes they are. I am guessing this will be the last year the old gym will host with the new Martin County High School set to open next school year.

I know they are playing the Zip Zone tip off games in the old SCHS gym this Saturday and I've heard they have talked about playing some home games in the old gym this season, however I'm not sure that it's been finalized yet.

The new school should be ready next year and I hear the gym will be nice and seat around 2200.