Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A Russell County @ 4A Knox Central 09/21/18
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Russell County 3-1
Knox Central 3-1
This game could be a good one. Knox Central won last year by a touchdown at Russell Co. I believe The Lakers are better this year but has Knox Central improved?
I’ll pick the Lakers in a game that could go either way
28-24
Rip/Spin Wrote:This game could be a good one. Knox Central won last year by a touchdown at Russell Co. I believe The Lakers are better this year but has Knox Central improved?
I’ll pick the Lakers in a game that could go either way
28-24

IMO, Russell is definitely better this year. Not sure if homefield will help Knox Central out, or not. Probably 1 TD, either way but I'm gonna pick Russell by 2 TD's.
Panthers by 18
Knox Central 42
Russell County 14
:popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Knox Central 42
Russell County 14
:popcorn:

Wager?
Panthers 35-21
I'm going to say:
Knox Central 28
Russell County 20
Panthers 35-14
I expect a good hard, physical ballgame. I moved away from Russell County 4 years ago. My son was 39-6 in his four years with the Lakers, including 3-0 against the Panthers. My youngest has a bye week here in TN so we are making the trip to watch the Lakers play. I enjoyed all the smack talking with PantherNation during those years. The Lakers haven’t had much to talk about in a few years. I coached most of the boys on Russell County’s team in youth league.they have talent and size. I believe they will play hard and pull out a close one.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I expect a good hard, physical ballgame. I moved away from Russell County 4 years ago. My son was 39-6 in his four years with the Lakers, including 3-0 against the Panthers. My youngest has a bye week here in TN so we are making the trip to watch the Lakers play. I enjoyed all the smack talking with PantherNation during those years. The Lakers haven’t had much to talk about in a few years. I coached most of the boys on Russell County’s team in youth league.they have talent and size. I believe they will play hard and pull out a close one.

I hope Knox Central don't make you cuss like a sailor. lol
What happened to Russell County. They had a great run but have fell back to earth harder than the Hindenburg?
Combination of a lot of factors. Talent level took a big dip, head coach Bill Sharp became very ill a few seasons back (kudos to him as he was still out there coaching his hardest) but from what I hear is back in good health, and a change in some of the administration that was not very athletic/football friendly with its support (i.e., wouldn't hire coaches). From what I gather talent is back on the rise, coach Sharp is back healthy and the new principal at the HS supports football and has hired some coaches. Interesting to see how they finish out the year and next year.
KC by a couple TD's