Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 to 2022 reclasification of teams
I don't know how everyone else feels, but, I really like the realignment starting up next year. A lot of changes, but, I see much more balance in all classes:

In 4a, you have what has traditionally been a weak class with exception of a couple of teams. that will be loaded starting next year.. You add Boyle Co, Corbin, Central and Lex Catholic to name a few that will really make things a lot more interesting than what we've been getting..

In 3a, you lose some quality teams but, you add Desales & CAL to go along with Belfry, Casey Co, Tilghman, Bell Co and a few others that'll keep 3a going strong.

In 2a, while you lose NCC, CAL and Desales, you add Beechwood, Caldwell Co and a couple others to go with Mayfield, Danville, LCA, Somerset and you still have a quality class of teams.

While 1a loses Beechwood, it adds NCC and should be more balanced amongst the teams remaining.

Not much change in 5a and 6a but they were pretty solid to begin with..

It just feels like there will be more parity in all classes than what we've seen these past 4 years..

Thoughts?
I absolutely love the realignment!
I actually think 5a gets a lot better too, they’re adding Scott county and Frederick Douglass. I personally think 5a is the weakest class currently with the exception of bowling green, south warren, and Cov Cath.
5A has and will continue to lack balance. Some weaker teams moving to 4A will improve that s little
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I actually think 5a gets a lot better too, they’re adding Scott county and Frederick Douglass. I personally think 5a is the weakest class currently with the exception of bowling green, south warren, and Cov Cath.

it shouldn't take long for those first two teams to move back to 6A
Ashland goes to 3a also.
I could not disagree more about 5A. 6A is top loaded this year with nothing but weakness beyond the first 7 or 8 teams. 4A is laughable after the top 5, and 3A is weak after about 10. 5 A has better teams deeper than any other class by far this year. I am a 3A fan and I guess a 4A fan next year. Lol, but 5A is the best class this year and it’s not close. Some of you need to study football some more. Seriously.
BoyleCo Wrote:I could not disagree more about 5A. 6A is top loaded this year with nothing but weakness beyond the first 7 or 8 teams. 4A is laughable after the top 5, and 3A is weak after about 10. 5 A has better teams deeper than any other class by far this year. I am a 3A fan and I guess a 4A fan next year. Lol, but 5A is the best class this year and it’s not close. Some of you need to study football some more. Seriously.
Some delusional 1A fans like to talk out their A$$ and constantly try to bash the 5A teams.
6A biggest weakness is Fayette County schools
True. Other than Douglass Lex is way down this year. I said it wasn’t close earlier and that isn’t fully true. 3A is deep also. Casey and Bell are both better than people think.
Still holding out hope that Pikeville can get their enrollment up to 2A numbers, but they are getting ready to go on quite a roll the next several years in 1A.
PHSFAN Wrote:Still holding out hope that Pikeville can get their enrollment up to 2A numbers, but they are getting ready to go on quite a roll the next several years in 1A.

I agree with this. The next 4 years should be sweet for the Panthers, but, I wouldn't count out Paintsville, Hazard and Raceland, who'll put out some competitive teams these next 4 years, as well.. Also think NCC will put a few solid teams together and Holy Cross, Campbellsville and KCD will put a solid team on the field every 2-3 years..
bucslover68 Wrote:Ashland goes to 3a also.

Wasn't aware of this.. That'll be another solid team in that class.. I'm not 100% sure, but, doesn't Glasgow also move up to 3a next year? I could be wrong.
Ashland has some really good talent upcoming in this alignment. Could make a run. Excited for the matchups with Belfry. Hope they get JC on the schedule though!

West Carter with the young kids they have in their new district could win it every year.

Douglass in 5A will be crazy. From what I’ve been told they’ll be one of the larger schools in the state in a couple years.. like large for a 6A school large

Russell has to be mad about getting Ashland in their district. Greenup will lose a bit soon and Russell will reload and inevitably get back on top, but they may not top Ashland at all in this alignment. How do the Russell faithful feel about losing multiple district titles in a row, possibly 6? (Assuming they lose this year but never know, they’re not the favorites).

Tough break for East Carter- drop to 3A again and your district is with Russell, Ashland, and Greenup. With a good young group coming, could maybe get a win in district play but can’t see them competing.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Wasn't aware of this.. That'll be another solid team in that class.. I'm not 100% sure, but, doesn't Glasgow also move up to 3a next year? I could be wrong.

That is correct. Glasgow will be in a district where they will probably be favored to win with Adair, Hart, Taylor and Casey. IMO Casey is the only team that would give them any kind of challenge next year unless Taylor really improves.
The new school they'll be opening in Scott Co, what class are they projecting to be in and do people expect them to be a competitive program early on, like S. Warren and F.Douglas have been or are they not investing as much into the athletic programs like these 2 did?
BoyleCo Wrote:I could not disagree more about 5A. 6A is top loaded this year with nothing but weakness beyond the first 7 or 8 teams. 4A is laughable after the top 5, and 3A is weak after about 10. 5 A has better teams deeper than any other class by far this year. I am a 3A fan and I guess a 4A fan next year. Lol, but 5A is the best class this year and it’s not close. Some of you need to study football some more. Seriously.

I’ve been studying. Who outside of the top three or four in 5a could compete in another class? Johnson central, Franklin Simpson, Boyle, Corbin, Belfry, Central, Desales, CAL, Beechwood, and Mayfield would beat all of them 8+ times out of ten. This is made worse by the fact that Cov Cath may be the best team in the state. I’d love to see a Cov Cath trinity game. If highlands ever gets back on their feet (which I have no doubt they will eventually) it will help a lot, but they still have to do that.
Franklin Simpson, Belfry, and Central are all down. Southwestern, Highlands, and Anderson all beat those teams. South Oldham may. You are listing the top 2 or 3 in each class vs 5A 4-7. I said the top in each class was good or great even but 5A overall has a deeper pool of talented teams. Pulaski County, Owensboro, and Christian County are beating Wayne to John Hardin and those schools aren’t even ranked in 5A. Just my opinion but I think you must read what I was saying.
I said 3 A after 10.
Another example. I believe Boyle would be 2nd best team in 5A however I have seen more than one game on tape of Bowling Green, Southwestern, Anderson County, and Owensboro. Each of those teams, although not elite, are big strong physical teams that can whip you if you are having a off night or too many turnovers. They just have more kids and bigger kids it seems. I see some of the teams we have played struggling with them in different ways.
BoyleCo Wrote:Franklin Simpson, Belfry, and Central are all down. Southwestern, Highlands, and Anderson all beat those teams. South Oldham may. You are listing the top 2 or 3 in each class vs 5A 4-7. I said the top in each class was good or great even but 5A overall has a deeper pool of talented teams. Pulaski County, Owensboro, and Christian County are beating Wayne to John Hardin and those schools aren’t even ranked in 5A. Just my opinion but I think you must read what I was saying.

I disagree, I think those three teams win those games 80% of the time. I think central win closer to 90%. They’re far from down and they’re scores/record show it. Of course, if someone has an off night anything can happen.
KYHSFB Wrote:Ashland has some really good talent upcoming in this alignment. Could make a run. Excited for the matchups with Belfry. Hope they get JC on the schedule though!

West Carter with the young kids they have in their new district could win it every year.

Douglass in 5A will be crazy. From what I’ve been told they’ll be one of the larger schools in the state in a couple years.. like large for a 6A school large

Russell has to be mad about getting Ashland in their district. Greenup will lose a bit soon and Russell will reload and inevitably get back on top, but they may not top Ashland at all in this alignment. How do the Russell faithful feel about losing multiple district titles in a row, possibly 6? (Assuming they lose this year but never know, they’re not the favorites).

Tough break for East Carter- drop to 3A again and your district is with Russell, Ashland, and Greenup. With a good young group coming, could maybe get a win in district play but can’t see them competing.

Ashland has already told JC after realignment they will not play JC. JC ask they said NO!
KYHSFB Wrote:Ashland has some really good talent upcoming in this alignment. Could make a run. Excited for the matchups with Belfry. Hope they get JC on the schedule though!

I agree with almost all of what you said but Russell will be just fine their younger talent is better than Ashland’s baring any transfers
I like how 6A is re-districted because packing 10 Louisville teams into 2 districts was ridiculous. But it will be sad to see Scott County and FD leave. They're the only teams outside of Louisville capable of challenging for the title.
It is ridiculous that FDU and Scott Co are moving to 5A.
FoSho Wrote:It is ridiculous that FDU and Scott Co are moving to 5A.

How much of Scott's population is going to that new school?
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Ashland has already told JC after realignment they will not play JC. JC ask they said NO!

I said earlier in a thread Ashland starts a new series next season with Spring Valley WVA. They replace JC on the schedule.
FoSho Wrote:It is ridiculous that FDU and Scott Co are moving to 5A.

Why?
plantmanky Wrote:Why?

Cause they will almost be in the state title game year in year out and he doesn't like it I however love the idea
T-CATS Wrote:I said earlier in a thread Ashland starts a new series next season with Spring Valley WVA. They replace JC on the schedule.

They didn’t have to add Spring Valley they could’ve just kept playing JC but Ashland wants no part of JC unless they are forced to play “district games”. Now there in a different class and their not forced to play JC “because os district” so they aren’t going to. Not saying I blame them but they want no part of JC in a home and Home series. They told JC no when JC ask. That’s just the facts.