Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Point Pleasant, WV 9/21/18
Patriot1 Wrote:All I hear is crickets how about you PHSForever

Just wishful thinking on whoreierhawkers part.:devilflam
Patriot1 Wrote:All I hear is crickets how about you PHSForever
Same. Must have had someone remind him he’s a Pike Central fan and therefore has no room to talk. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:Same. Must have had someone remind him he’s a Pike Central fan and therefore has no room to talk. Lol

She's a fragile little thang. be nice to her.
Panthers have a tuff game Friday night and us Panther fans are like we have sore fingers from typing last week. The Maroon Brothers are going to win this game and that’s it because Stone cold said so. Just a little humor to get this thread going but not about winning the game. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
No injuries for the Panthers at this point , everyone healthy and ready to go come Friday ? Can't wait to see this game. On another note, was very impressed at the running ability of Jesse Sparks last week. Strong running against a tough Belfry defense. Add the quickness and speed of Zack Roberts, along with Conner Roberts, and that makes the run game even more potent, jmo.
Pikeville definitely has a lot of talent just getting altogether. I watched the Belfry game today and defensively Pikeville made a lot of mistakes. That was a good game to get to see what they need to work on. The tackling was awful to many players getting their selves out of position and taking bad angles. Leaving their feet way to much on tackles. Hope they get that correct or may be in for a long night Friday. Offensively tho they did some good things. They blocked fairly good but could be better. Made some mistakes on offense but they will be corrected.Gained a lot of yards but they have to finish can’t leave point off the board against good teams and win. Well they are getting to the heart of the schedule now they have to produce but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:Pikeville definitely has a lot of talent just getting altogether. I watched the Belfry game today and defensively Pikeville made a lot of mistakes. That was a good game to get to see what they need to work on. The tackling was awful to many players getting their selves out of position and taking bad angles. Leaving their feet way to much on tackles. Hope they get that correct or may be in for a long night Friday. Offensively tho they did some good things. They blocked fairly good but could be better. Made some mistakes on offense but they will be corrected.Gained a lot of yards but they have to finish can’t leave point off the board against good teams and win. Well they are getting to the heart of the schedule now they have to produce but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I'll be surprised if Pikeville doesn't play on Kroger Field.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:No injuries for the Panthers at this point , everyone healthy and ready to go come Friday ? Can't wait to see this game. On another note, was very impressed at the running ability of Jesse Sparks last week. Strong running against a tough Belfry defense. Add the quickness and speed of Zack Roberts, along with Conner Roberts, and that makes the run game even more potent, jmo.
Normal nicks and dings after 4 games of a season (as far as I know),particularly after a Paintsville and Belfry stretch. Gets no easier with Point and Hazard coming up. I’m sure the tail end of the schedule is something they’re looking forward to. Can’t wait for Friday, praying for an injury free game for all and a good competitive game! Tough competition but like Coach Mac is fond of emphasizing, “iron sharpens iron”.
Patriot1 Wrote:Panthers have a tuff game Friday night and us Panther fans are like we have sore fingers from typing last week. The Maroon Brothers are going to win this game and that’s it because Stone cold said so. Just a little humor to get this thread going but not about winning the game. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
I’m like you, fingers plumb wore out. May have to have therapy after the season. Lol
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Already making excuses for a lose

There's a Greek word to describe this statement. It's spelled BOLOGNA.:popcorn:
Went to middle school game tonight, talk to some of the players. They act like they are feeling good about that the challenge that’s in front of them. Also Pikeville will be short one linebacker tomorrow night, he says he can play but they aren’t going to take any chances with him knowing what game is next. Can’t wait to get to Point Pleasant tomorrow night and see how they respond and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:Went to middle school game tonight, talk to some of the players. They act like they are feeling good about that the challenge that’s in front of them. Also Pikeville will be short one linebacker tomorrow night, he says he can play but they aren’t going to take any chances with him knowing what game is next. Can’t wait to get to Point Pleasant tomorrow night and see how they respond and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I hate to hear this! I want all the boys healthy for every game. But smart move by the staff. Next week is when it counts the most!
It’s game day Panthers! Go out do your jobs and hope for an injury free game for both and love these Panthers. Well it’s Friday can’t wait to see how these young players respond. Playing in a new territory and against a very good team, this is what makes High School football so great. Go out do your job and play the game like the team you are and everything will be fine. Think these Panthers are going to rock the world of old moth man tonight, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
pjdoug Wrote:I'll be surprised if Pikeville doesn't play on Kroger Field.

I will be very surprised if Pikeville isn't playing in Commonwealth Stadium this season and honestly the next several years...it will always be Commonwealth Stadium to me lol.

Several very good 1A programs in the East though so the road will be tough.
PHSFAN Wrote:I will be very surprised if Pikeville isn't playing in Commonwealth Stadium this season and honestly the next several years...it will always be Commonwealth Stadium to me lol.

Several very good 1A programs in the East though so the road will be tough.

I certainly hope they do, but like you said the east is very tough and it all starts next week with a very good Hazard team. I also hope for an injury free game for both teams but Pikeville puts forth a good effort tonight. I may make some mad with this statement but my opinion Pikeville hasn’t played a good offensively in last two games, yes they have had some good moments but not a whole game and this time of year they have to start doing it. Hope this game puts them in the right direction and yes I know a good team is going to get some stops but Pikeville has left to many points off the board in the last two games. But love these Panthers but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Hey Patriot do you know if tonight's game will be shown live online or if not which Pikeville radio station is carrying the Pikeville game?

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that Pt. Pleasant showed all their games online but it might have been another school.
PHSFAN Wrote:Hey Patriot do you know if tonight's game will be shown live online or if not which Pikeville radio station is carrying the Pikeville game?

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that Pt. Pleasant showed all their games online but it might have been another school.

Yes it’s on line and I think it’s WCHS in Charleston but don’t hold me to that but if your on cable there are some stations having it on that’s a WCHS affiliate live tv. I seen it on Twitter so I will go back and look and see if I can find it.
Patriot1 Wrote:Yes it’s on line and I think it’s WCHS in Charleston but don’t hold me to that but if your on cable there are some stations having it on that’s a WCHS affiliate live tv. I seen it on Twitter so I will go back and look and see if I can find it.

Thanks Patroit, much appreciated.

Safe travels tonight.
PHSFAN Wrote:Thanks Patroit, much appreciated.

Safe travels tonight.

I went to wchs.com and it shows it as the game of the week plus it’s on hits city USA on the radio but I think you can watch it live on that web site. I hope it works out for you and thanks for the safe travels. Wish you would go. Understand if you can’t
I believe Belfry vs. Cabell Midland was the WCHS Game of the Week last year and they did a pretty good job with their broadcast

Nice to see this as an option!

Still feel good about Pikeville's chances
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I believe Belfry vs. Cabell Midland was the WCHS Game of the Week last year and they did a pretty good job with their broadcast

Nice to see this as an option!

Still feel good about Pikeville's chances

Feel good about their chances as well. On D they're going to have to stay low and wrap, up no silly mistakes. Offense has to stay on their blocks, put points on the board, and play their assignments. Safe travels for the team, coaching staff, cheerleaders, and supporters. Close score- Panthers- 38
Big Blacks- 31
I really just have no idea what to expect from this game. Pikeville could win by 20+ or lose by 20+, i just have no clue what to expect from Pt. Pleasant.