Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Found Dead In Smoky Mts, Bear Euthanized
The body of 30-year-old William Lee Hill Jr. of Louisville, Tennessee, was found Tuesday afternoon two miles north of Cades Cove off Rich Mountain Road, according to a news release from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Park officials began searching for Hill when they were notified on Sunday that Hill was missing. He and a close friend had gone to the park on Friday to look for ginseng and were separated during the day, and Hill had not been heard from since.

Full Store at the link below.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/...-593413370
It's sad this happened. Officials are saying they are not certain what happened to the 30 year-old. They are just saying the bear was acting aggressive, and it had human DNA on it.
It had human DNA on and in it's mouth, so it's obvious he was feeding on the man's body. Mr. Hill's cause of death is unknown, so it isn't clear whether or not the bear killed him.
Here is an update to the story.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. —
Park officials say an autopsy found that a man whose body was discovered being eaten by a bear in Great Smoky Mountains National Park in September died of accidental methamphetamine intoxication, not a bear attack.

A park news release Monday says officials decided to euthanize the bear that was feeding on the body of 30-year-old William Lee Hill Jr., of Louisville, Tennessee.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/autopsy-man...pmZJSdAGhY
"Accidental methamphetamine intoxication"

I would love for someone to explain how you get accidentally intoxicated from meth.
Still, the bear was hunted down and killed.
Granny Bear Wrote:"Accidental methamphetamine intoxication"

I would love for someone to explain how you get accidentally intoxicated from meth.
Still, the bear was hunted down and killed.

A BIG THIS! I feel bad for the bear... it chose the wrong body to eat on. Nothing like a beautiful trip to Cades Cove: nature, great scenery, and oh lets settle in and do a bunch of meth!!! WTH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi