Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
104,000 New Mining Jobs Created Since President Trump's Election
vector Wrote:It doesn't why not just put scrubbers in the plants and keep the jobs here instead of WV

Could it be GREED ?

They put scrubbers in the Mitchel plant why not put them in the big sandy plant

Instead of KY power customers paying for a half of a plant in WV

But if you was a business man would you want to operate 1 plant or 3 plants?
The coal-fired units at the Big Sandy plant were not dismantled because of high sulfur coal. The low sulfur content of most eastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia coal is their competitive advantage. Coal seams being mined in the high sulfur coal reserves in areas like northern WV and western KY generally occur in thicker seams, which is their competitive advantage.

Coal seams being strip mined in Wyoming's Powder River basin are generally very low in sulfur, but are also very low in BTU content and high in moisture - but the seams tend to be much thicker and cheaper to mine than the coal remaining east of the Mississippi. Higher transportation costs are all that is keeping western coal from dominating the U.S. coal market even more than it does already.

The Big Sandy plant in Louisa was a casualty of Obama's war on coal.
vector Wrote:It was a business decision simple do I want to operate 1 PLANT or 2 PLANTS hmmm

Then you agree that nothing you posted about high sulfur coal being burned in Moundsville, WV, is going to help eastern Kentucky coal miners, except maybe keeping their electric bills low?

I agree it was a business decision, but prematurely switching the Big Sandy plant to gas was the result of pressure from the Obama administration. He promised that any company opening a new coal fired power plant would go bankrupt, among his other threats to the industry.
I've seen thousands of jobs in this area related to coal mining brought back.
From the companies that sell and service the machines to the underground mines, the numbers are huge.

I know of one company that currently cant find enough technicians to hire for their shops. A lot of them are hiring kids straight out of diesel school in nashville.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I've seen thousands of jobs in this area related to coal mining brought back.
From the companies that sell and service the machines to the underground mines, the numbers are huge.

I know of one company that currently cant find enough technicians to hire for their shops. A lot of them are hiring kids straight out of diesel school in nashville.

Lol, the voice of reason is not completely dead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I drive by the coal docks every day of my life. I don't know where you live, but they ain't been no thousands of coal jobs brought back.

also: I figured those big corporate tax cuts would have lowered our electricity bills on their own. You're beating the same old drum. People are getting wise. Hide and watch Wink
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I've seen thousands of jobs in this area related to coal mining brought back.

I am looking for a job. Who do I contact?
4_real Wrote:I am looking for a job. Who do I contact?

Rumpke

But I am doubting that you are qualified to work there.

Now, Gitback is a different story..
You were almost helpful.
4_real Wrote:You were almost helpful.

Darn, I thought I had something for you...

I'll bet Gitback could be the head garbage man in no time flat though....This could be ole bobble heads dream job.
I got something for you
4_real Wrote:I got something for you

Uh huh!!
4_real Wrote:I am looking for a job. Who do I contact?

What do you want to do? Work on a surface mine? Deep mine? Can you water roads? Drive coal trucks? Perform safety checks? Service machines? Sell machines?

A lot of jobs you dont think about depend on coal.
I can refer you to SEVERAL places to put in an app.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What do you want to do? Work on a surface mine? Deep mine? Can you water roads? Drive coal trucks? Perform safety checks? Service machines? Sell machines?

I think he was being sarcastic,Gut.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What do you want to do? Work on a surface mine? Deep mine? Can you water roads? Drive coal trucks? Perform safety checks? Service machines? Sell machines?

Confusednicker: Oooh-no. Haven’t you heard? ALL the coal mines are shut and new coal jobs are as scarce as hen’s teeth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Confusednicker: Oooh-no. Haven’t you heard? ALL the coal mines are shut and new coal jobs are as scarce as hen’s teeth.
That is not true. The BLS estimates that there are about 54,000 coal mining jobs in this country. There are many more jobs related to coal mining but those folks are not coal miners.
Bob Seger Wrote:I think he was being sarcastic,Gut.

Without a doubt.
The IRS would wonder why a company was filing a W2 on somebody they had no record of.

Social security office would start asking questions.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That is not true. The BLS estimates that there are about 54,000 coal mining jobs in this country. There are many more jobs related to coal mining but those folks are not coal miners.

Yes yes. You’ve gone to great lengths to redefine the opinions of The Hill and Fox News Anchor David Asman on the matter. I however, prefer thinking for myself and remain unimpressed. But you did manage to impress vector, so all that effort was not a complete waste.

Please feel free to continue to give vector his opinion to what ever degree he will allow. No interference from me will be forthcoming. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Yes yes. You’ve gone to great lengths to redefine the opinions of The Hill and Fox News Anchor David Asman on the matter. I however, prefer thinking for myself and remain unimpressed. But you did manage to impress vector, so all that effort was not a complete waste.

Please feel free to continue to give vector his opinion to what ever degree he will allow. No interference from me will be forthcoming. :Thumbs:
:biglmao: Keep digging, TRT. There's daylight awaiting you in China.