Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Middle
I've saw several game over the yrs. Each yr they seem to get worse. They used to he a top team. Are the younger teams not being tought football and are just lost when the get to middle school. I've heard that the head coach and wife are on a power trip and wont listen to anyone on anything. It's their way or the highway. Not a good way to get the younger teams ready for the next level.
Southern middle’s 8th grade this year isn’t very good. The talent level on that squad isn’t really indicative of what is behind them. That 7th grade team is really really dangerous in a good way and if they all mature on the same level, it wouldn’t surprise me if they compete for a championship next year. They lost by 6 to a very talented North Laurel team, and beat Northern at Northern this year. Also in the youth league, Oak Hill and Southern have a good grouping of 6th graders ready to roll up for SMS next year. I say all that to just remind that the cupboard isn’t bare. And once that talent gets to Coach French, he makes them better too.

Will they be a power house type team like they had a few years ago? Maybe. Maybe not. But they are going to have a nice run and I’ll be paying attention to them.
They looked real good yesterday
yes that group is loaded