Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central & Prestonsburg 9-14-18
Thoughts and predictions? The Jaguars roll into Blackcat country to try and avenge their loss from last year.

Looks as if both teams might play without two of their best players-
P-Burg (Ethan Varney, ejection), and FC (Noah Marcum, injured). Can anyone confirm Varney.

FC coming off a loss @ Lynn Camp 41-26. (3-1)

P-Burg coming off a loss @ Breathitt County 41-8. (0-3)

I believe it will be a much closer game than most might think. GO JAGUARS!:redboxer:
Floyd Central comes in 3-1.
Prestonsburg comes in 0-3.

Does Prestonsburg's dominance over other Floyd County teams finally come to an end this Friday night?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
You have a common opponent, and totally opposite scores in that game. If Floyd Central will treat this as any other game, I'll go running clock for the Jags and years worth of Floyd County revenge against the Blackcats. Floyd Central BIG!
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the last time Prestonsburg lost to a county school in football was 1986. Betsy Layne defeated them.
What has happened to Prestonsburg football? I remember them being one of the top programs in the mountains and in 2A year after year but they have been down for several years and hopefully they will get back on track soon.
MountainBall44 Wrote:Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the last time Prestonsburg lost to a county school in football was 1986. Betsy Layne defeated them.

You are correct.
PHSFAN Wrote:What has happened to Prestonsburg football? I remember them being one of the top programs in the mountains and in 2A year after year but they have been down for several years and hopefully they will get back on track soon.

The truth and this goes for Betsy Layne as well. When you look at Prestonsburg, any kid with talent has a choice to choose between Prestonsburg, Johnson Central and Paintsville. All three schools are really close to each other and the stability of the athletic programs is much better in Johnson County. The athletes simply leave for greener grass. The previous coaching staffs for boys football and basketball did little to help but Floyd County cannot get their acts together when it comes to athletics. Look how fast Betsy Layne's basketball fell off after Junior retired again? Look at the fact Prestonsburg offered a $100,000 a year to a near by state champion football coach along with the athletic director position and he turned it down. Look at a regional champion baseball coach leaving Prestonsburg's program to be an assistant at Johnson Central. Floyd Central has a better football program with South and Central combined but they are not going to be a real power anytime soon in any sport. Time to spend some real money on coaching staffs.
FC by 10+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

The UK v. Florida streak finally ended.....

Is it finally the season when the Prestonsburg v. Floyd County streak ends?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
bball_fan Wrote:The truth and this goes for Betsy Layne as well. When you look at Prestonsburg, any kid with talent has a choice to choose between Prestonsburg, Johnson Central and Paintsville. All three schools are really close to each other and the stability of the athletic programs is much better in Johnson County. The athletes simply leave for greener grass. The previous coaching staffs for boys football and basketball did little to help but Floyd County cannot get their acts together when it comes to athletics. Look how fast Betsy Layne's basketball fell off after Junior retired again? Look at the fact Prestonsburg offered a $100,000 a year to a near by state champion football coach along with the athletic director position and he turned it down. Look at a regional champion baseball coach leaving Prestonsburg's program to be an assistant at Johnson Central. Floyd Central has a better football program with South and Central combined but they are not going to be a real power anytime soon in any sport. Time to spend some real money on coaching staffs.

The down fall of Prestonsburg falls back on the previous coaching staff and administration. Those are the people directly to blame for the kids leaving in recent years. Also the region champion baseball coach was fired by previous administration. He didn't leave on his own. The baseball program was out shining football and they wouldn't allow it. So, they took care of what they saw as the problem. They bring in a football coach to coach baseball. You have a football coach coaching basketball and you have football coaches as principal and assistant principal. So they had the fun of the school and you see were they are now.
I don’t want to jinx the Jags, but I really think if they come ready to play, and are not intimidated (unlike last year). - they will put a running clock on Prestonsburg.
#5 Noah Marcum will be playing Friday.
Floyd Central breaks the streak 35 to 21
If Lynn Camp beats you, there’s a chance everyone n your schedule will beat you.. P-burg 21
FC 20
^ Harlan beat you last week. A team that FC put a running clock on in the 1st quarter. You have no room to put down any other teams ... lol
FC 36
PBurg 8
I think the Jags get the job done and defeat the Blackcats in Prestonsburg.
Floyd County by 16
With Ethan Varney getting suspend this past week for pushing a ref. I got the jags in a shut out. If Varney's suspension is appealed (which I highly doubt) I will give them a touchdown.

Without Varney
Jags-56 P burg-0

With Varney
Jags-56 P burg-8
Before I make my prediction 1A Lynn Camp has a very good 1A team. :popcorn:

Floyd Central 49
Prestonsburg 06
The rumors are that Blake Slone has moved to Betsy Layne because he was not getting enough carries at P burg.
^ If true, surely there’s no way he gets eligible midway through the season.
Floyd and Prestonsburg are going different directions. Floyd up and Prestonsburg down.
Floyd Central 28-14
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Floyd Central comes in 3-1.
Prestonsburg comes in 0-3.

Does Prestonsburg's dominance over other Floyd County teams finally come to an end this Friday night?

Yes.
bball_fan Wrote:The truth and this goes for Betsy Layne as well. When you look at Prestonsburg, any kid with talent has a choice to choose between Prestonsburg, Johnson Central and Paintsville. All three schools are really close to each other and the stability of the athletic programs is much better in Johnson County. The athletes simply leave for greener grass. The previous coaching staffs for boys football and basketball did little to help but Floyd County cannot get their acts together when it comes to athletics. Look how fast Betsy Layne's basketball fell off after Junior retired again? Look at the fact Prestonsburg offered a $100,000 a year to a near by state champion football coach along with the athletic director position and he turned it down. Look at a regional champion baseball coach leaving Prestonsburg's program to be an assistant at Johnson Central. Floyd Central has a better football program with South and Central combined but they are not going to be a real power anytime soon in any sport. Time to spend some real money on coaching staffs.
He must be getting paid awfully good if he turned that down. lol
64SUR Wrote:Before I make my prediction 1A Lynn Camp has a very good 1A team. :popcorn:

Floyd Central 49
Prestonsburg 06

No they don't.
P burg will not be able to contain the Jaguars weapons on offense. So I will take the Jags 44-12
Craze JACKET man Wrote:If Lynn Camp beats you, there’s a chance everyone n your schedule will beat you.. P-burg 21
FC 20

Pburg also lost big to a breathitt county team Floyd central beat the previous week.
DarrinC Wrote:Pburg also lost big to a breathitt county team Floyd central beat the previous week.
I hope they get lined out soon.