•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/14
jetpilot Wrote:Yeah, we might even install a pole so your mom can come over and perform on weekends.

Public knowledge is your family has the job locked down! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Jetpilot I’d love to meet you Friday night
COACHITALL Wrote:Jetpilot I’d love to meet you Friday night

He’s too busy planning his Super Bowl Party Friday Night😂😂😂😂
COACHITALL Wrote:This is funnier than the purple strip club runway lights in your new locker room💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💴💴💴

You seem obsessed.
2000PHS Wrote:Mentioned it in the Paintsville thread but will say it again. Pikeville needs to find a way to improve on kickoffs. Starting position already has the field position flipped. Surely, with ALL those athletes, they can find one that can kick it to the 15-10 yard line.

That's for sure.
jetpilot Wrote:Yeah, we might even install a pole so your mom can come over and perform on weekends.

:betterthanexpected:
Watch out Belfry ....Pikeville is about to fly Jett’s 747 right up your butt Smdh Hahahaha
Dang. A lot of confidence on both sides. Maybe I’ve underestimated pikevilles passing game. Maybe I haven’t. I will say this, if belfry does indeed get beat by the panthers they’ve got bigger problems to worry about than this rivalry.
Speaking of rankings....FWIW, PHS is now number 1 in Class A.
The pressure is on Belfry to win this game, as it should be. They are the top ranked 3A team in the Courier playing against the #2 ranked Panthers in 1A.
Hound05 Wrote:Dang. A lot of confidence on both sides. Maybe I’ve underestimated pikevilles passing game. Maybe I haven’t. I will say this, if belfry does indeed get beat by the panthers they’ve got bigger problems to worry about than this rivalry.
Having won 16/17 against the Panthers, Belfry has a right to be confident this week and FWIW most weeks they play. Heck, they’re just 68-8 in their last 76 games. 2014 proves that your season isn’t over if you lose this game, and PHS has a great outlook regardless of what happens Friday night.
Hound05 Wrote:Dang. A lot of confidence on both sides. Maybe I’ve underestimated pikevilles passing game. Maybe I haven’t. I will say this, if belfry does indeed get beat by the panthers they’ve got bigger problems to worry about than this rivalry.

Now Hound05 we both know on any given night anyone and I mean anyone can lose. It’s still just week 4 long season and hopefully all teams improve but I have seen them flat line and could name a few but won’t. I will be the first one to congratulate the team who wins the east and be for them in the championship. One loss does not make a team or break a team this early in the season, hopefully they learn from it work on what they need and move on.
Patriot1 Wrote:Now Hound05 we both know on any given night anyone and I mean anyone can lose. It’s still just week 4 long season and hopefully all teams improve but I have seen them flat line and could name a few but won’t. I will be the first one to congratulate the team who wins the east and be for them in the championship. One loss does not make a team or break a team this early in the season, hopefully they learn from it work on what they need and move on.
You’re 100% right. But I still believe they would be questionable coming out of the east if they lose this game. Just like we would have been losing to beechwood. Plenty of time to improve and I’ve seen plenty of teams that’s lost several early and made it to the title. But I honestly believe if they lose this they do have some questions and worries that would come with it. That’s not a shot on Pikeville. They are a solid team. I don’t think they are a championship team, but they aren’t to awful far behind those who are in that class. But that’s why I think belfry will have bigger problems to worry about if they lose. The difference between 1A and 3A title contenders isn’t huge, it is a significant difference. So if they can’t compete and win this, can they on 3A level? Yes they could improve, but I wouldn’t be too awful confident about them beating Boyle if they were to meet. This will be a great judgement of where both teams stand.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Public knowledge is your family has the job locked down! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We do the hiring. We have your mom's application on file. :biggrin:
COACHITALL Wrote:Jetpilot I’d love to meet you Friday night

Why in the heck would you want to meet me lol? No thanks, I don't think you would enjoy it in the least. Or me.
64SUR Wrote:I don't think the voters knew about LCA losing 6 transfer to Frederick Douglass :popcorn:

7th in Cantrall today. He knows they beat Waggener, who is 7th in 3A.
Lol damn I like The feistiness from both sides! This is the game I’m going to bc Perry Central is off this week! I think Belfry wins a good close physical game 27-21! Good luck to both teams.
bucslover68 Wrote:Having won 16/17 against the Panthers, Belfry has a right to be confident this week and FWIW most weeks they play. Heck, they’re just 68-8 in their last 76 games. 2014 proves that your season isn’t over if you lose this game, and PHS has a great outlook regardless of what happens Friday night.

Yeah they’ve had a one man race on this series. I just meant it literally, BOTH sides are confident. But no one game doesn’t make or break your season. But a loss for belfry for me, would have me questioning their ability to make it through the gauntlet which is the east unscathed. As I stated above. Pikeville is a solid team, I don’t think they are title contenders. Not far behind though. There’s a significant difference in the top of 1A and 3A. A loss would certainly raise doubts. Just like a corbin loss to beechwood, or Boyle to Danville would. Plenty of time to work the bugs out. But everyone else has the same amount of time to improve as well.
The only problem Belfry had the last time Pikeville beat them was clearing space in the trophy case for the 3A championship trophy.
Hound05 Wrote:You’re 100% right. But I still believe they would be questionable coming out of the east if they lose this game. Just like we would have been losing to beechwood. Plenty of time to improve and I’ve seen plenty of teams that’s lost several early and made it to the title. But I honestly believe if they lose this they do have some questions and worries that would come with it. That’s not a shot on Pikeville. They are a solid team. I don’t think they are a championship team, but they aren’t to awful far behind those who are in that class. But that’s why I think belfry will have bigger problems to worry about if they lose. The difference between 1A and 3A title contenders isn’t huge, it is a significant difference. So if they can’t compete and win this, can they on 3A level? Yes they could improve, but I wouldn’t be too awful confident about them beating Boyle if they were to meet. This will be a great judgement of where both teams stand.

Did you question them in 2014 win they won it because Pikeville beat them that year and Pikeville got beat by Paintsville the same year a team they put a running clock on but in all fairness Paintsville had a lot of players out the first game but the second game they beat Pikeville pretty bad I think can’t remember. We don’t know who can beat the champs Boyle and it’s all opinion to this point and until the game is played. Now did get tore up you guys because I brought that back up just trying to prove my point. I think if you get to those games and get to play everyone has a chance these opinions we have on here are just that opinions. But your ok Hound05 just like discussion with you and most on here
That’s about right! You probably never played football in high school, I’m guessing you either was in the band or a statistician. Keep living the dream pal.
COACHITALL Wrote:That’s about right! You probably never played football in high school, I’m guessing you either was in the band or a statistician. Keep living the dream pal.

It's were. Guessing you didn't take your education seriously. Stay classy over there in Williamson pal.
COACHITALL Wrote:That’s about right! You probably never played football in high school, I’m guessing you either was in the band or a statistician. Keep living the dream pal.

Who are you talking to?
Hound05 Wrote:Who are you talking to?

JetPilot
Patriot1 Wrote:Did you question them in 2014 win they won it because Pikeville beat them that year and Pikeville got beat by Paintsville the same year a team they put a running clock on but in all fairness Paintsville had a lot of players out the first game but the second game they beat Pikeville pretty bad I think can’t remember. We don’t know who can beat the champs Boyle and it’s all opinion to this point and until the game is played. Now did get tore up you guys because I brought that back up just trying to prove my point. I think if you get to those games and get to play everyone has a chance these opinions we have on here are just that opinions. But your ok Hound05 just like discussion with you and most on here

To be truthful, yes I did question them after that game. I had some of my questions answered later throughout the season. But still doubted some in the playoffs about them. I understand anything can happen in one game. But each week you have to start taking each individual game and all them collectively and start forming your opinions about each team. That opinion could change two weeks down the road, but for the here and now is how I base it for the time being. Like I said, if any of the top 4 teams lost, I would start to revamp my opinions on said team. Like central. Although I always thought they were overrated. But I 100% believe if belfry does lose, it’s a problem for them- as of right now- going forward. Now if they go on and beat the dog sh!t out of everyone else. Obviously my opinion would change. But it’s like us, if we lost to beechwood, I would think no way are we capable of winning the title.

Anything can happen on the field, but for us fans and our speculation, Each game is another data point in forming expectations about that team.

I’m not sure what your 2nd to last sentence was supposed to say with the typo. But I understand I’m not gonna change your mind or vice versa and we’re not arguing. I just want you to see why I stated what I did in my original posts and my opinions behind why I believe this game as a measuring stick for the future
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Watch out Belfry ....Pikeville is about to fly Jett’s 747 right up your butt Smdh Hahahaha

:hilarious::hilarious:
4everUK Wrote:The pressure is on Belfry to win this game, as it should be. They are the top ranked 3A team in the Courier playing against the #2 ranked Panthers in 1A.
laughs uncontrollably at top ranked.
billsizemore63 Wrote:Lol damn I like The feistiness from both sides! This is the game I’m going to bc Perry Central is off this week! I think Belfry wins a good close physical game 27-21! Good luck to both teams.

Perry Central is off every week Confusednicker:

And you was on the badminton team?
Hound05 Wrote:Who are you talking to?
I think she is talking to her self.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next