•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/14
pjdoug Wrote:Name a few schools that KHSAA punished for recruiting.

Fairview
#55PirateFan Wrote:Fair enough. Sorry for the attitude my friend. I just see this every thread that Belfry is on. Gets old after awhile.
Sweetheart, Jet Pilot is one that you never need to apologize to for attitude. HIS is almost as bad as mine!!

pjdoug Wrote:You people are being too nice. I find that disturbing.
pjdoug Wrote:Trying to git yer feathers ruffled to git ye ready for the game Confusednicker:
Dougie, you remind me of an old saying. "Those that stir the shit pot should be made to lick the spoon"

#55PirateFan Wrote:I know Ol Buddy. But leave me alone today pj, I'm already a nervous wreck! 😂
I remember those days!! Good luck tonight to both teams!!
Hoping for an injury free contest.

pjdoug Wrote:I'm not sure if I'll go to Pineville or not. I wish I could go to Pike County. Maybe sometime I'll make it up there for a game Smile. I think it is gonna be a good one up there tonight.
I'll drive!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Sweetheart, Jet Pilot is one that you never need to apologize to for attitude. HIS is almost as bad as mine!!

Dougie, you remind me of an old saying. "Those that stir the shit pot should be made to lick the spoon"

I'll drive!!!!

Don’t let granny fool ya with her kind words. She’s evil. Hahah.
It's about game time and I'm thinking this will be a good game. Just depends on what team shows up. Pikeville has to play smart with a lot of heart. Belfry is the beast of the east and still the benchmark for how far along Pikeville team has improved. Pikeville has closed the gap between the schools, but Belfry has dominated since 2000. As I have said before I love this game between two tradition rich schools, always with high standards and goals. This game is like a championship game atmosphere for Pikeville and will show the teams weakness. I don't think the state finals will be any more difficult. The main goal is Kroger field and this is just one step in the process. A win would be great, but learning and improving from this game is most important. Praying for injury free game for all. #AGNB
My question for everyone involved is who is Belfry in 2018? The Angry Red is gone. The Bad Boys Defense is gone. Heck, even the wishbone 3 yards and the band plays Belfry is kind of gone. Who are you? What’s your identity? It isn’t what it used to be. Are we the same cocky team as everyone else above 7-3 in the state? Or are we another level of greatness? Or are we the toughest team in Kentucky? That’s what’s missing. Offensively and defensively. An identity. A brand. Something to be passionate and excited about and rally behind.
^That's a very interesting question..

:pondering:
AngryMob Wrote:My question for everyone involved is who is Belfry in 2018? The Angry Red is gone. The Bad Boys Defense is gone. Heck, even the wishbone 3 yards and the band plays Belfry is kind of gone. Who are you? What’s your identity? It isn’t what it used to be. Are we the same cocky team as everyone else above 7-3 in the state? Or are we another level of greatness? Or are we the toughest team in Kentucky? That’s what’s missing. Offensively and defensively. An identity. A brand. Something to be passionate and excited about and rally behind.

I don’t disagree one bit with what you say. However, I know what this team is. They are still a team and a program that believes they will win every Friday night. They believe they are still a part of the greatest run in eastern Kentucky HS football history and it’s not finished yet. They believe that old school may not be popular, but it is still the most punishing form of football there is. They believe that you play at Belfry not as a right but as a privilege and that come one Friday...who knows exactly when that will be...that in a one game, winner take all game, that the Big Red Machine will still have to be reckoned with...Great players graduate....expectations don’t....that’s who we still are in 2018.
Granny Bear Wrote:Sweetheart, Jet Pilot is one that you never need to apologize to for attitude. HIS is almost as bad as mine!!

Dougie, you remind me of an old saying. "Those that stir the shit pot should be made to lick the

I'll drive!!!!
Let's go. I'm in Bell County. lol. I left the spoon for you.
bucslover68 Wrote:I don’t disagree one bit with what you say. However, I know what this team is. They are still a team and a program that believes they will win every Friday night. They believe they are still a part of the greatest run in eastern Kentucky HS football history and it’s not finished yet. They believe that old school may not be popular, but it is still the most punishing form of football there is. They believe that you play at Belfry not as a right but as a privilege and that come one Friday...who knows exactly when that will be...that in a one game, winner take all game, that the Big Red Machine will still have to be reckoned with...Great players graduate....expectations don’t....that’s who we still are in 2018.

I would have to say a certain mean streak, a certain aggressiveness is what appears to be missing to me. Maybe it will come as the year progresses but this is just my 2 cents lol
Is there a football game in Pike County tonight? LoL
AngryMob Wrote:My question for everyone involved is who is Belfry in 2018? The Angry Red is gone. The Bad Boys Defense is gone. Heck, even the wishbone 3 yards and the band plays Belfry is kind of gone. Who are you? What’s your identity? It isn’t what it used to be. Are we the same cocky team as everyone else above 7-3 in the state? Or are we another level of greatness? Or are we the toughest team in Kentucky? That’s what’s missing. Offensively and defensively. An identity. A brand. Something to be passionate and excited about and rally behind.
you’re just throwing something out there hoping the Belfry players will bite and it will make them play harder. That’s a silly post
bucslover68 Wrote:I don’t disagree one bit with what you say. However, I know what this team is. They are still a team and a program that believes they will win every Friday night. They believe they are still a part of the greatest run in eastern Kentucky HS football history and it’s not finished yet. They believe that old school may not be popular, but it is still the most punishing form of football there is. They believe that you play at Belfry not as a right but as a privilege and that come one Friday...who knows exactly when that will be...that in a one game, winner take all game, that the Big Red Machine will still have to be reckoned with...Great players graduate....expectations don’t....that’s who we still are in 2018.

I agree that that's the state of the program. The TEAM however needs an identity. The defense needs a chip on their shoulder.
4everUK Wrote:you’re just throwing something out there hoping the Belfry players will bite and it will make them play harder. That’s a silly post

If it takes a stupid forum post for the kids to play then we're screwed tonight.

I'll drive!!!!

You didn't drive. You're an onion sack blower upper.
AngryMob Wrote:If it takes a stupid forum post for the kids to play then we're screwed tonight.

I don’t know about over there but around here the players don’t even look at this junk, it’s the parents
^ I didn’t mean this place as junk. I actually enjoy this website, it’s the only one I use. A lot of good people here that are knowledgeable and met some good friends along the way. I meant “junk” as is message board material
Hound05 Wrote:I don’t know about over there but around here the players don’t even look at this junk, it’s the parents

I try to will my team to win single handedly. I have no support.
Is there a live stream or online radio I can listen to or watch??
Hound05 Wrote:Is there a live stream or online radio I can listen to or watch??

https://www.liveonlineradio.net/usa/wxlr-104-9-fm.htm
Westside Wrote:https://www.liveonlineradio.net/usa/wxlr-104-9-fm.htm

Thank you good sire
Westside Wrote:https://www.liveonlineradio.net/usa/wxlr-104-9-fm.htm

That's where i'm at Westside . Good coverage.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)