Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel hires Doug Gregory as new head coach
Doug Gregory named North Laurel head coach
It's like North just loves shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get. Lol. Very unpopular pick from what I hear.
seems like the coaches that were hired by both Madison Central and North Laurel, no one has heard of.
Well anyone deserves a chance. Nobody knew who the Coach Weaver was either when they hired him. Now look what hes accomplished. Jimmy Durham got a chance as well. Shouldnt take a rocket scientist to do well at North. Just need someone to put a lot of time in and hard work.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Well anyone deserves a chance. Nobody knew who the Coach Weaver was either when they hired him. Now look what hes accomplished. Jimmy Durham got a chance as well. Shouldnt take a rocket scientist to do well at North. Just need someone to put a lot of time in and hard work.

Coach Weaver was quite well known before taking the North Laurel job. He was the head coach at Christian County and very successful on the travel ball circuit.
True but he was still young. Cant put much into coaching travel ball considering most teams load up with great players. Not a lot of coaching involved when you have talent galore. Where is Weaver now?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:True but he was still young. Cant put much into coaching travel ball considering most teams load up with great players. Not a lot of coaching involved when you have talent galore. Where is Weaver now?
He is no longer coaching, to the best of my knowledge. He finished his career at Lafayette. He coached several years at Christian County before taking the North job. He came to North with more experience than anyone before or after him.
Kind of wondering what North was thinking in the fact that he’ll only be there one year. When his daughter graduates, I would think he’ll move on.
North has had a lot of girls quit. He's had to pull up 8th graders.