3. Corbin
4. Lexington Cath
5. Belfry
6. Bell Co
7. Paducah Tilghman
8. Casey Co
9. Floyd Central
10. Caldwell Co
I'd switch Belfry/LexCath and Corbin/Central.
Well of course lol
FoSho Wrote:I'd switch

Belfry/LexCath and Corbin/Central.

Nah.....it’s fine just how it is. Central in the 2 spot IMO is absolutely correct. Belfry has too many unanswered questions and still a work in progress.

What’s startling is that, at least IMO, the drop off is quite steep beyond the 5 spot. Bell 6th and Floyd Co 9th?? Wow.
I'd switch Belfry and Lex Cath
FoSho Wrote:I'd switch Belfry/LexCath and Corbin/Central.

I 2nd that motion.

I’ve not seen Lex Cath. play this year. But I must be missing something. I know after the top 4-5 teams there’s a huge gap between the rest. But to put them above belfry!!?? Why? Because they loss to a Huntington team? If that’s the case they might be ranked 2nd before the years up. I just don’t see where it is coming from, but I also don’t see where central is getting all this hype from. Now they will probably finish 2nd in 3A but to be ranked that way is crazy
There’s a patten I see every year. If there are 2 mountain teams in the top 5 or 6. They want their team to jump over a non mountain team.
FoSho Wrote:I'd switch Belfry/LexCath and Corbin/Central.

Agree 1000%
bo67 Wrote:There’s a patten I see every year. If there are 2 mountain teams in the top 5 or 6. They want their team to jump over a non mountain team.

That's not necessarily true, but in this case it is. But you are entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us my friend. But I'll have to agree with FoSho and Hound5 on this one. I think theres four teams that have a legit shot at winning 3A this year, Boyle, Corbin, Central, and Belfry. In that order. Not saying Lex.Cath wont be there come November, I just don't see it right now. But trust me, I've been way wrong before.
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see an upward move for Belfry as the season progresses. Browning returning at QB, is a big plus for Belfry, and mistakes that were made in the Huntington game will be cleaned up by Haywood and staff. A typical Haywood team won't regress, but move forward, and we'll see that reflected in the polls.
bo67 Wrote:There’s a patten I see every year. If there are 2 mountain teams in the top 5 or 6. They want their team to jump over a non mountain team.

You could be right. I’ve never really payed much attention to it like that. But as said by 55, in this case I honestly think they’re #5. I don’t understand- as I’ve asked in another thread- where this hype is coming from with them?? What did they gain they didn’t have last year? Because the top 4 didn’t lose all that much and it wasn’t close between Lex Cath and them last year ??? Belfry might have lost some kids, but you can’t ever count them out. Especially at home, which is where a game between the two would be at. I honestly don’t see them stopping belfrys power run game. Just overmatched in that regard. If they’re ranked ahead because of wins/losses then it’s still a little skewed. It no fault of their own, you play who is in front of you. But a small margin loss to Huntington is somewhat more impressive than Lex Caths wins. So what sets them apart and above belfry?
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Wouldn't be at all surprised to see an upward move for Belfry as the season progresses. Browning returning at QB, is a big plus for Belfry, and mistakes that were made in the Huntington game will be cleaned up by Haywood and staff. A typical Haywood team won't regress, but move forward, and we'll see that reflected in the polls.

I hope your right Ol Buddy. We'll see just how much Belfry has progressed when they play Pikeville. I've said all along, this Panther team is legit and scares the hell out of me!
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Wouldn't be at all surprised to see an upward move for Belfry as the season progresses. Browning returning at QB, is a big plus for Belfry, and mistakes that were made in the Huntington game will be cleaned up by Haywood and staff. A typical Haywood team won't regress, but move forward, and we'll see that reflected in the polls.

No doubt they’ll move up, and improve. One if not two of the top 4 will have a loss before the season ends. It’ll probably be us. Two tough games back to back. But that’s the schedule you have to play early to find your weaknesses.
Hound05 Wrote:No doubt they’ll move up, and improve. One if not two of the top 4 will have a loss before the season ends. It’ll probably be us. Two tough games back to back. But that’s the schedule you have to play early to find your weaknesses.

and to prepare your self for to reach your goal. Sometimes in loss, there is gain!
I dont see a loss on Corbin or Boyles schedule. I honestly dont. They play some great teams but this year is not the year to have either one on your schedule. That's not just talk, that's a fact. Now they may lose because of a total lapse in concentration or because they just flat out have a bad game. But in my opinion, if they do get beat it'll be an upset. But it happens every year. Teams just dont show up on Friday nights.
Hound05 Wrote:No doubt they’ll move up, and improve. One if not two of the top 4 will have a loss before the season ends. It’ll probably be us. Two tough games back to back. But that’s the schedule you have to play early to find your weaknesses.

#55PirateFan Wrote:I dont see a loss on Corbin or Boyles schedule. I honestly dont. They play some great teams but this year is not the year to have either one on your schedule. That's not just talk, that's a fact. Now they may lose because of a total lapse in concentration or because they just flat out have a bad game. But in my opinion, if they do get beat it'll be an upset. But it happens every year. Teams just dont show up on Friday nights.

I agree but game plans and preparation can be there but the kids still have to execute.
Hound05 Wrote:You could be right. I’ve never really payed much attention to it like that. But as said by 55, in this case I honestly think they’re #5. I don’t understand- as I’ve asked in another thread- where this hype is coming from with them?? What did they gain they didn’t have last year? Because the top 4 didn’t lose all that much and it wasn’t close between Lex Cath and them last year ??? Belfry might have lost some kids, but you can’t ever count them out. Especially at home, which is where a game between the two would be at. I honestly don’t see them stopping belfrys power run game. Just overmatched in that regard. If they’re ranked ahead because of wins/losses then it’s still a little skewed. It no fault of their own, you play who is in front of you. But a small margin loss to Huntington is somewhat more impressive than Lex Caths wins. So what sets them apart and above belfry?

LexCath has shown nothing to warrant anything but a #5 rankng. We'll know what they got in a few weeks when the Rebels travel to Lex. But I'll tell you this, they better have improved a whole lot from what they had last year when we outscored them 105-32 in two games. I just don't see it but we're certainly going to find out.
FoSho Wrote:LexCath has shown nothing to warrant anything but a #5 rankng. We'll know what they got in a few weeks when the Rebels travel to Lex. But I'll tell you this, they better have improved a whole lot from what they had last year when we outscored them 105-32 in two games. I just don't see it but we're certainly going to find out.
See that’s the way I looked at it. But as you said, we shall see.
BellCo18 Wrote:1. Boyle Co
2. Lou Central
3. Corbin
4. Lexington Cath
5. Belfry
6. Bell Co
7. Paducah Tilghman
8. Casey Co
9. Floyd Central
10. Caldwell Co

There's no reason that Corbin shouldn't be in the 2 spot.
I think Bell is about right. They will play #8 Casey County pretty soon. That will be a good test to see where the Bobcats are at!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Nah.....it’s fine just how it is. Central in the 2 spot IMO is absolutely correct. Belfry has too many unanswered questions and still a work in progress.

What’s startling is that, at least IMO, the drop off is quite steep beyond the 5 spot. Bell 6th and Floyd Co 9th?? Wow.

it's absolutely not correct. Corbin beat Central the last time they played. I don't even like Corbin, but they are without a doubt in the top two.
Hound05 Wrote:I 2nd that motion.

I’ve not seen Lex Cath. play this year. But I must be missing something. I know after the top 4-5 teams there’s a huge gap between the rest. But to put them above belfry!!?? Why? Because they loss to a Huntington team? If that’s the case they might be ranked 2nd before the years up. I just don’t see where it is coming from, but I also don’t see where central is getting all this hype from. Now they will probably finish 2nd in 3A but to be ranked that way is crazy
Some Belfry fans like to pump Central up because they smoked the pirates before.
pjdoug Wrote:Some Belfry fans like to pump Central up because they smoked the pirates before.

:lmao::lmao:

Yes....it is a big conspiracy!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Belfry fans are sending out subliminal messages to somehow bring down the dreaded redhounds.:biggrin::Clap:

Actually, we all gather round the fire on the nights the dogs are running foxes and coon and break out the Ouija board to try and get the cosmos and witchcraft in the mix to thwart the redhounds.

Pjdoug....you should join us. Its a hoot! We'll even take you snipe hunting as well. BTW....I just really think that, at least for now.....Central is better than Corbin. That could change by November.....

:biggrin:
Boyle. Then a group of Corbin, Belfry, and Central. Lex Cath and Bell are next. After that who knows.
I would switch bell and puducah. Then the top 6 are all pretty good ball clubs.
I would have Bell on down the list to 8-10... Who have they beat to deserve even a #6 ranking this year or last? I agree they will be better. But the schedule they have def doesn’t help them. They are still wayyyy down from the Hilton Hefty days.
It Floyd Central is a top 10 3a team them 3a is extremely weak after the top 5ish. I mean they barely beat Breathitt, an Improving Breathitt, but still.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote::lmao::lmao:

Yes....it is a big conspiracy!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Belfry fans are sending out subliminal messages to somehow bring down the dreaded redhounds.:biggrin::Clap:

Actually, we all gather round the fire on the nights the dogs are running foxes and coon and break out the Ouija board to try and get the cosmos and witchcraft in the mix to thwart the redhounds.

Pjdoug....you should join us. Its a hoot! We'll even take you snipe hunting as well. BTW....I just really think that, at least for now.....Central is better than Corbin. That could change by November.....

:biggrin:
Damn you. I knew you caused that rain last Friday!!! You all and your voodoo!!!

I’m just curious as to why you think central is better. Even if they are better than last year. So are we by a lot. And we beat them at their place....
bcpc Wrote:I would have Bell on down the list to 8-10... Who have they beat to deserve even a #6 ranking this year or last? I agree they will be better. But the schedule they have def doesn’t help them. They are still wayyyy down from the Hilton Hefty days.

Corbin hasn't played a team with a winning record yet. Just sayin. 😜
BellCo18 Wrote:Corbin hasn't played a team with a winning record yet. Just sayin. 😜

Hahaha. I don’t think you want to compare schedules.

Btw, has any of the top 4???