Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Pre-season Poll - AAA 2007
The only noise they will be making is when they get hit and go .......

Confusedhh: DOH! OW! OUCH! HELP!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:What is this I hear that Russell went to the shotgun spread offense?????? This is sacriligious..........
yes that is just a rumor haha...im not gonna lie...we arent a passing team at all this yr
FBALL Wrote:Great players can make the coach look awfully good.
GREAT COACHES MAKE AVERAGE KIDS LOOK AWFULLY GOOD AS WELL.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Even the best coaches cannot compete among the "elite" if they do not have the horses to run, and Powell does not have enough horses, just a bunch of mules with a couple horses.
kinda like Knott, Had all the talent in the world past couple seasons but failed. I didn't say competing against the elite, I said Mike Whitaker makes a huge difference at Powell.:ChairHit:
bigpun Wrote:WOW! That is hilarious. I know you want to have faith in your team but this is just plum dumb. You and Mag. Co. will be fighting for fourth place in the district. So how could you place a team that might not make the playoffs in the top 10. Heres my bottom 10 in no particular order.
Hart Co.
Moore
Shawnee
North Oldham
Western Hills
Jackson Co.
Powell Co.
Lewis Co.
Magoffin Co.
East Ridge
I'm sure that some people will have something to say about this top ten but expect the usual out of these teams.
wow man that has to be a joke. thats the worst top 10 i've ever seen or heard of. thats completely wrong.
RedDevilRB Wrote:yes that is just a rumor haha...im not gonna lie...we arent a passing team at all this yr
yea dont you remember last year, when a certain rumor arose saying that we was going to spread our offense out and pass alot more, because a player moved here. I have a hard time believing this.
RIP_28 Wrote:kinda like Knott, Had all the talent in the world past couple seasons but failed. I didn't say competing against the elite, I said Mike Whitaker makes a huge difference at Powell.:ChairHit:
he might make a difference. but like BramaBull said you need the talent and talent is something that powell lacks.
ukno08 Wrote:wow man that has to be a joke. thats the worst top 10 i've ever seen or heard of. thats completely wrong.

If you read it again it says his bottom 10 in no particular order.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Breathitt will be able to score on anyone, but they will have to stop their opponant alot more than they have lately to be able to compete for the title in '07.
Is the Haddix kid the starting QB this year?
bigpun Wrote:Actually that might be some copyright infringement on Eric C. Conn since he is the one who Get's The Job Done. LOL
LOL!
yea i know, my fault. sorry about that.
bigpun Wrote:I know that the truth hurts sometimes, so maybe the hurt from this harsh reality isn't as bad as the hurt is from all of those losses since your school opened.

First of all why are you putting bottom ten, instead of top ten?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Is the Haddix kid the starting QB this year?
Do not think so, but he may start if Fugate struggles.....He needs another year to progress to an elite QB. Fugate is really good, but Breathitt will only go as far as their defense takes them, offensively, they are ok.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

RIP_28 Wrote:kinda like Knott, Had all the talent in the world past couple seasons but failed. I didn't say competing against the elite, I said Mike Whitaker makes a huge difference at Powell.:ChairHit:
Knott has never had "....all the talant in the world......"
Twitter: @tc_analytics

expect the usual out of powell and lewis county? the usualy of them not making the playoffs let alone the top 10 i hope is what you were trying to say
bigpun Wrote:Actually that might be some copyright infringement on Eric C. Conn since he is the one who Get's The Job Done. LOL

:what:
Sheldon Clark will be a powerhouse team this year. They will bring back all there skilled players and more,and so i would say dont over look them.
sport Wrote:Sheldon Clark will be a powerhouse team this year. They will bring back all there skilled players and more,and so i would say dont over look them.
I see Sheldon Clark winning 8 or maybe 9 games during their regular season. The only real competition they'll have is Belfry and Bell Co.

I also noticed what a weak schedule they have. That may hurt them come play-off time.
DevilsWin Wrote:I see Sheldon Clark winning 8 or maybe 9 games during their regular season. The only real competition they'll have is Belfry and Bell Co.

I also noticed what a weak schedule they have. That may hurt them come play-off time.

I totally agree, thier schedule imo the last few years has been very weak. Bell Co. was a good pickup for them though.
1. Russell- For my money the best team in 2A the past two seasons although they came up just short of the title last season. Return a solid nucleus including arguably the best All-Purpose QB in 3A in Jones. Biggest questions? Line Play and whether the running back by committee can equate to what Gross and Clark has done the past four years. Biggest Strengths? Program momentum, QB play.

2. Louisville Central- From a talent/potential standpoint this team is scary good,, but their brutal schedule could break them.Outstanding athletic QB. Biggest question? Morale after playing the state's toughest schedule, defense. Biggest strengths? Most athletic team in class, Western 3A is DOWN.

3. Belfry- Returns entire Front 7 from one of 2A's best defenses, as well as LB/RB Dustin May who could quite possibly be the best Running Back AND Defensive player in 3A. Biggest Question? Secondary play and who will step in at the other halfback. Biggest Strengths? Experienced lineplay, Physicality

4. Sheldon Clark- Very solid team with a disappointing end to their season in '06. Return nearly everyone including three standouts in the backfield. Biggest question? Consistency (See Pburg loss and poor play versuses East Ridge) Biggest Strengths? Scary good backfield, Monkey off their back (proved they could beat Belfry last year)

5. Paducah Tilghman- Former 3A heavyweight has been a little down in recent years, but the new class structure should suit them well. Biggest question? Lots of young talent at skill positions. Biggest Strength? Huge downgrade in competition in district and region compared to old alignment.

6. Somerset- Making the jump from 1A this team has by far the most elite playmaker in John Cole, figure this 1A State Semifinalist from last year will make some serious noise.
Biggest questions? Class jump and who is going to throw the ball to Cole. Biggest strength? Ability to surprise people despite being a state-semifinalist, Best player in the class.

7. Mason County- Quality program full of athletes should make noise against schools smaller than themselves. Biggest question? Typically an offensive powerhouse, the Royals seem to be missing the playmakers at WR. Strengths? Style of play matches them up well with Russell, Sheldon Clark, and Belfry.

8. Breathitt County- Bobcats talent pool has dropped considerably in recent years, but the large return of starters from a quality team will make them formidable. Biggest question? Can they improve enough to make up the large gap Russell and Belfry ahs ahd over them the past few seasons. Biggest strength? Experience + great coaching + tradition = DANGER

9. Russellville- Western Ky is decidedly weak in the new alignment, thus Russellville should be a solid bet to advance far. Biggest question? Can a perennial mediocre 1A team now play with schools considerably larger. Biggest strength? Weak District to build confidence, chance to advnace easily to state semi's.

10. E'town- Will clearly be second fiddle in their district, but should still have enough horses to be a threat in the West. Biggest question? Is talent pool deep enough to fight off the Louisville schools? Biggest strength? See Russellville's biggets strength.
Terrible players can make the coach look like an idiot too........no matter how great of a guy he is..... I hope that it does not happen.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "