Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton Co. 62 McCreary 0
This is a disgrace. Thoughts !!
Congrats to Clinton Co. that was a beat down. Help !!!
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:This is a disgrace. Thoughts !!
That is plain sad.
pjdoug Wrote:That is plain sad.

Agree, Clinton Co. is at bottom of 2A and not real good. Hate to see McCreary fall this far. Congratulations to Clinton Co.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:This is a disgrace. Thoughts !!

Terrible not to expectations I was expecting McCreary under the new coaching for the past 3 years and time to be at least competitive with teams and not getting a runnning clock every game. Even basics are bad multiple turnovers penalties when things get going no blocking at all.
Defense doesn't even exist no tackling at all. I'd look for the 11 most aggressive guys and put them on the field til I had a group that would at least make a stop.

Offense needs to be changed throwing the ball is not successful for McCreary right now multiple interceptions, drops or fumbles after the catch. Need to switch to an under center run first offense and get Caleb cox the ball multiple times a game I say it again and again.
Congrats to Clinton County. Raiders are struggling
JustThinking Wrote:Agree, Clinton Co. is at bottom of 2A and not real good. Hate to see McCreary fall this far. Congratulations to Clinton Co.

Clinton County is a terrible team is why this is so bad.
Unreal
Is Clinton County still not playing district games? Probably be stuck with LCA, Somerset and Danville if they were to renter district play.
JustThinking Wrote:Agree, Clinton Co. is at bottom of 2A and not real good. Hate to see McCreary fall this far. Congratulations to Clinton Co.

I'll go to Clinton County to eat barbecue :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:Clinton County is a terrible team is why this is so bad.

Looking at the rest of the schedule if McCreary don't win this week they will not win a game all season. That would be bad. Come on Raiders beat Ft. Knox.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Looking at the rest of the schedule if McCreary don't win this week they will not win a game all season. That would be bad. Come on Raiders beat Ft. Knox.
They are like the county over the hill. They need a whole new administration.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Looking at the rest of the schedule if McCreary don't win this week they will not win a game all season. That would be bad. Come on Raiders beat Ft. Knox.

How many games did MC win last season ? PD I know nothing about the Football Facilities, only several years ago when Leslie Co. played there they were pretty bad. Has any improvements been made in Facilities. How long can a system go only winning a game or 2 ?
JustThinking Wrote:How many games did MC win last season ? PD I know nothing about the Football Facilities, only several years ago when Leslie Co. played there they were pretty bad. Has any improvements been made in Facilities. How long can a system go only winning a game or 2 ?

They underachived last year for the talent they had. McCreary Central actually had, top 8 talent in 3A, in my opinion. But they had no discipline. Coach's allowed them to keep up the same horrendous tackling habits, to miss assignments, basically they didn't even have a defense. It was like, "hey, you guys hurry up and score, so we can get the ball back and play offense"...But then when they played a good defensive team, they lost. IMO, they had more talent than half the teams they lost to. Jackson county beat them, after McCreary had put up something like 40 points on Bell county! That's how undisciplined and inconsistent they were. Oh, and they lost all that talent they had, or the vast majority of it, as seniors last year. It was a complete waste of a year for those guys, other than maybe a couple of kids who did listen and picked up scholarships to some local programs. As a whole, McCreary could have done like Casey county did the past 3 or 4 years and capitalized on a couple of good classes, put in the work to get wins and instill excitement into parents to get their own kids out to play. Now I feel it is back to the bottom for them, for years to come.
smoke1015 Wrote:They underachived last year for the talent they had. McCreary Central actually had, top 8 talent in 3A, in my opinion. But they had no discipline. Coach's allowed them to keep up the same horrendous tackling habits, to miss assignments, basically they didn't even have a defense. It was like, "hey, you guys hurry up and score, so we can get the ball back and play offense"...But then when they played a good defensive team, they lost. IMO, they had more talent than half the teams they lost to. Jackson county beat them, after McCreary had put up something like 40 points on Bell county! That's how undisciplined and inconsistent they were. Oh, and they lost all that talent they had, or the vast majority of it, as seniors last year. It was a complete waste of a year for those guys, other than maybe a couple of kids who did listen and picked up scholarships to some local programs. As a whole, McCreary could have done like Casey county did the past 3 or 4 years and capitalized on a couple of good classes, put in the work to get wins and instill excitement into parents to get their own kids out to play. Now I feel it is back to the bottom for them, for years to come.

Coaching would be key for McCreary. They need someone with dedication to the program who is willing to put in countless hours and effort to these kids. Not take days off after getting beat 62-0 just to add.
Clinton County only scored 41 points in 2011 and 92 in 2012. They have come a long way
Unbeaten55 Wrote:Coaching would be key for McCreary. They need someone with dedication to the program who is willing to put in countless hours and effort to these kids. Not take days off after getting beat 62-0 just to add.

Agreed. Every McCreary team I've saw play, in middle and high-school the past 8 years has had grit. I mean individual toughness, as kids, but often very little technique, and for sure lacking on scheme as a defensive unit. Their middle school coach was pretty good, at least the one they had 4 to 6 years ago (not sure if it's the same guy), but then at high-school the players seem to regress. They are physical, and aren't timid, but just undisciplined like is hard to believe (because no average to good coach would allow that crap to happen play after play). Their offense wasn't bad last year, but not great, it was the individual talent they had that was hard to defend. Defensively, they are maybe the worst team in Kentucky high-school football.
E's Army Wrote:Clinton County only scored 41 points in 2011 and 92 in 2012. They have come a long way

THeir current junior group beat us in middle school. They had a lot of height that year. Not particularly a lot of weight, but a lot of lineman around 6 foot tall in middle school, tall and slim. Clinton is definitely a better football team than they have been in years past.

The only way Ft.Knox beat McCreary County is if Donald Trump tells McCreary team to lose. :biglmao:
JustThinking Wrote:How many games did MC win last season ? PD I know nothing about the Football Facilities, only several years ago when Leslie Co. played there they were pretty bad. Has any improvements been made in Facilities. How long can a system go only winning a game or 2 ?

MC won 2 games last season. Squandered best talent in a long time. No improvements made to Football Facility in last 20 years, still one of worst in the state. Track redone and improvements for Girls Softball but not Football. Just don't seem to be a priority. Good Luck against Ft. Knox.