Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK- 8 Vanderbilt- 6
Congratulations Bat Cats.

Great game.

The Wildcats came up from a 6-4 deficit to pull out the 2 run win.

congtats to the cats.
Good job. What is thier record right now?
Good job, Cats. Keep it rollin'!
They lost the other two games in the series though. And they are anything but rolling StrikeoutKing. They have lost 6 of their last 9 games. It's hard to watch right now. Although this game was fun to watch it was disappointing that they were only about 300 fans there to see it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They play Morehead State tonight. Could be an ugly one. I'll try to snap a few pics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:Good job. What is thier record right now?

26 wins, 7 losses, and 1 tie.

congrats cats
alfus21 Wrote:They lost the other two games in the series though. And they are anything but rolling StrikeoutKing. They have lost 6 of their last 9 games. It's hard to watch right now. Although this game was fun to watch it was disappointing that they were only about 300 fans there to see it.
You cant expect too many fans to come watch when you have to wear a snow suit to stay warm. I was there Friday night and it was cold as hell. Luckly we stood out on the outfield deck (which is awesome) and was able to drink some liquor to stay warm. You have to look at how far the program has came in a short period of time. Three or four years ago there wouldnt have been 10 people at the game in that weather, heck there wasnt 300 fans out to watch when it was sunny and in the 80's. This team is going to be great. Cowgill is getting medical redshirt and will be back next seaosn and with all the returning young kids playing now and the great recruiting class coming in next season the future is looking bright for the Batcats
Congrats Batcats!
Whats their Conf record now and what place in the conf?
MVP2 Wrote:Whats their Conf record now and what place in the conf?
They are 6-8-1 in conference and like 4th in the east but they have their hardest conference schedule behind them. They play Florida this weekend and Florida is in 1st place but they havent played the best conference teams yet.
Things arent looking good for the Cats tonight, they trail Morehead 9-6 in the 9th currently in rain delay.
How is South Carolina doing in the Conference, ive watch them play a few times this year and looked really good
MVP2 Wrote:How is South Carolina doing in the Conference, ive watch them play a few times this year and looked really good
They are in the top half of the league, Vandy seems to be the team to beat. They have a pitcher that is unbelievable. I watched him face UK the other night and this kid is the real deal. He is a lefty that throws in the 90's
Tubby Hater Wrote:You cant expect too many fans to come watch when you have to wear a snow suit to stay warm. I was there Friday night and it was cold as hell. Luckly we stood out on the outfield deck (which is awesome) and was able to drink some liquor to stay warm. You have to look at how far the program has came in a short period of time. Three or four years ago there wouldnt have been 10 people at the game in that weather, heck there wasnt 300 fans out to watch when it was sunny and in the 80's. This team is going to be great. Cowgill is getting medical redshirt and will be back next seaosn and with all the returning young kids playing now and the great recruiting class coming in next season the future is looking bright for the Batcats

I thought it felt pretty good Friday. (Better than Sunday's games) I'm not a big fan of the right-center field deck but I like that there are some rowdy fans out there like on Friday. Nobody was there Sunday or tonight again, which whatever the weather is when you are playing the #1 team in the country on a Sunday you expect more fans than 300 to show up. It was pretty embarrassing. There were as many Vandy fans there as UK fans Sunday.

I know how far the program has come. This is my 4th straight season of going to the games and I haven't missed but about a handful of games in 4 years. I remember when they used to give out hats and shirts at the gate to the people who would actually show up.

I agree compared to years past the future and this season looks great but the SEC was horrific last season compared to this year and future years. But if any coach can keep competing at this level it will be Cohen. I just hope he sticks around for a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tubby Hater Wrote:They are in the top half of the league, Vandy seems to be the team to beat. They have a pitcher that is unbelievable. I watched him face UK the other night and this kid is the real deal. He is a lefty that throws in the 90's

He(Price) has some good stuff but also needs a lot of work to do to get to the show. UK rocked him pretty hard in the 6th and 7th. I thought Weathers overshadowed him pretty bad. (As did the Tampa Bay scout I talked to)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Morehead eventually won the game 9-6. Kentucky is having a rougher season than the record indicates. Still a lot of baseball to be played though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:He(Price) has some good stuff but also needs a lot of work to do to get to the show. UK rocked him pretty hard in the 6th and 7th. I thought Weathers overshadowed him pretty bad. (As did the Tampa Bay scout I talked to)
I have spoken with a few scouts and they love him. Any lefty that can throw like he does has a future. If he was a righty he would be dime a dozen but since he is a lefty he will get paid the big bucks. I watched him pitch against Rice early in the season and he dominated them. He dominated us for 5 plus innings before we got to him, but you must consider KY offense is the best statistically in the conference and 12 in the country. I am just glad to see we finally have a future in baseball. No we just got to keep on improving the complex and pay Cohen what he wants and deserves.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I have spoken with a few scouts and they love him. Any lefty that can throw like he does has a future. If he was a righty he would be dime a dozen but since he is a lefty he will get paid the big bucks. I watched him pitch against Rice early in the season and he dominated them. He dominated us for 5 plus innings before we got to him, but you must consider KY offense is the best statistically in the conference and 12 in the country. I am just glad to see we finally have a future in baseball. No we just got to keep on improving the complex and pay Cohen what he wants and deserves.

I don't think Price's stamina is that good but I do think he will be a good relief pitcher. Washington Nationals GM Jim Bowden (I think that's him) was there for the game as well. Price as a future along with Weathers and Minor from Vandy.

For Wednesdays Morehead State debacle they were handing out surveys and questions regarding the new complex being built and what fans would like to see there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Florida took 2 of 3 from Kentucky this weekend for those interested.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]