Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
13th Region Predictions
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Ramey is the best player in 13th this season and was top two last season. It is souths to loose but the hounds and kc will give it a run. But you have to go with south cause Ramey and Cromer, best 1 2 punch.

Agreed, yuck that taste bad can't believe I just agreed with a corbinite
I've seen Ramey play a few times. That young'un can really play!
Didn't they move to Lexington?...LCA ?
Didn't Sheppard move to Lexington????
Sheppard has not moved anywhere yet.
Superfly Wrote:Didn't Sheppard move to Lexington????

Pardon my ignorance, but is that Jeff Sheppard's boy? And can he jump out of the gym like his pappy?
HCS Wrote:I know you hate that trip - I'm glad it's not as far going the other way. Smile
Last I heard, only the oldest Turner returned, but things may have changed.
I agree about Corbin - no way to ever count them out.

The younger one is suppose to be back in time for basketball season, and may be the best player of the 3.
The Outsider Wrote:The younger one is suppose to be back in time for basketball season, and may be the best player of the 3.

That young'un that played last year at lead guard was awfully good. I was really impressed with him. Losing him will be a big loss. Losing the brothers too will hurt. But that bunch still should be good.
The Outsider Wrote:The younger one is suppose to be back in time for basketball season, and may be the best player of the 3.

How does half stay in one state and 1 or 2 in another, and just come back and forth for certain seasons? Lol.
1. Knox
2. South
3. Harlan co
4. Bell
5. Corbin
Best coaches are always in the mix. Love it of hate it they can win with good or bad talent.
Leader Wrote:1. Knox
2. South
3. Harlan co
4. Bell
5. Corbin

Bell top 4!!! Confusedinglepar

I look for it to be great year for the Bobcats with the talent we have despite of losing a couple kids I still like we got! Can't Harlan Co. be down for a couple years!! haha.

Seriously, I think everyone agrees Knox and South are your top 2 going in. Then after that there is a whole bushel of teams that seem lumped together from Bell, Corbin, Harlan Co, Clay Co, North Laurel, Middlesboro, etc.
Leader Wrote:1. Knox
2. South
3. Harlan co
4. Bell
5. Corbin

Lmao... Here we go with this guy again.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Lmao... Here we go with this guy again.

Lmao. Just who are you for keyboard cowboy. Don’t your parents ever make you turn the computer off? Face it corbin is down again and last year is over. Lol. Pick another team and jump on.
South Laurel is my pick to win the 13th Region this year.
Wolverine Wrote:South Laurel is my pick to win the 13th Region this year.

Ah Shucks, very bold pick there. Confusednicker: Just a kiddin ya. South seems to be the odds on favorite with the brothers from Knox up in the air.

Past them it seems to be wide open.
ill make the family pick, but in no way do i have a dog in the fight. I'll take Bell County. What the heck. I know full well that it won't come t fruition so I have nothing to lose
South the favorite and Knox has nothing to loose this year.
Tell Tony Patterson to play us at north in legacy Nissan. I hear he will but only if we come to Knox and play. Be a great game. Forget the home and away and just play on neutral floor. Should be fun game Make it happen leader. 🤣
cadets1988 Wrote:ill make the family pick, but in no way do i have a dog in the fight. I'll take Bell County. What the heck. I know full well that it won't come t fruition so I have nothing to lose

:Thumbs: Bobcats are coming this year after we get done with a deep playoff run in football!
South should be coach shopping if they don't win it this year.
Looking forward to the start of the season. Do not sleep on Middlesboro. Coach Morris has a ton of depth and experience on that roster with some solid new additions. I think they will surprise some folks this year and be a real contender down the stretch.
Will Middlesboro start the same 5 as last year?
HCS Wrote:Will Middlesboro start the same 5 as last year?

My guess would be that it will be different. Didn't 1 of the Overbate brothers start at Lynn Camp that won the All A? Then Brock is a jumping jack. He can fly. I would think he'd start to be able to get the opening tip.
One Overbay started for Lynn Camp and the other was the sixth man. Middlesboro also has 3 seniors back who didn't start last year. It's very rare to see a team with 8 seniors and 4 juniors.
HCS Wrote:One Overbay started for Lynn Camp and the other was the sixth man. Middlesboro also has 3 seniors back who didn't start last year. It's very rare to see a team with 8 seniors and 4 juniors.

I just wish Brock would have stayed up on the hill! We got plenty of room for him! Middlesboro looks loaded though.
Knox couldn't win the region if their starting 5 were all state. With that said South is hands down the favorite to win the region this year.
Knox Central, has four returning starts, more than any team in the 13th region. Those four players are solid players in the 13th region.
South Laurel, has two of the top players in the 13th region and state returning. Those two players will be hard match up's for teams to guard. Hearing both may be D-1 players.

They're the only two teams that has a shot at wining the 13th regional tournament.

Everyone else is on the outside looking in at them.
Bluegrassmusic Wrote:Knox Central, has four returning starts, more than any team in the 13th region. Those four players are solid players in the 13th region.
South Laurel, has two of the top players in the 13th region and state returning. Those two players will be hard match up's for teams to guard. Hearing both may be D-1 players.

They're the only two teams that has a shot at wining the 13th regional tournament.

Everyone else is on the outside looking in at them.

I disagree. While I do agree those 2 are the favorites to say no one else has a chance is wrong to me. I think Corbin, Bell, Middlesboro, Clay, North, Harlan Co, etc. all have good teams and could be contenders.

Didn't Knox lose all the Turner boys?
Everybody realizes that south will miss Ryan Anders big time. He had always guarded the best player and gave you 12 and 8 every nite. Matthew dalton playing again will help but will it be enough?