Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Osborne and Wes Hall where are they going?
I know both young men had great senior seasons for South Floyd and where suppossed to visit with Union today but with the wheather I did not know if they had a chance to go.
They were both good players as i have been on the opposite side of the ball....but IMO they were nothing special........maybe Union material but as for better than that i doubt it
They were both good players as i have been on the opposite side of the ball....but IMO they were nothing special........maybe Union material but as for better than that i doubt it
liveMAROON Wrote:They were both good players as i have been on the opposite side of the ball....but IMO they were nothing special........maybe Union material but as for better than that i doubt it

What is wrong with Union? If they are getting their school paid for who cares? Why do you feel the need to even say " they were nothing special."
A typical post from you liveMAROON.
well as the post says where are they going.............UNION woooo sorry for pissing you off i was just stating my opinion and i say they were nothing special due to the fact that well lthey were,nt dont get me wrong they were great but nothing compardd to adavid jones or robert shurtleff
I hate to tell you liveMAROON, but David Jones is on a different planet then Robert Shurtleff. I think what playa is trying to get at is why do you feel the need to say that? It's because you think that anyone that doesn't go to Pikeville isn't worth anything. There is good football players outside of Pikeville High School, and both those players had more rushing yards then Shurtleff did, competing in the same district and region. Shurtleff is just a bigger boy then those two. They could possibly get their EDUCATION paid for. Why do you really feel like you need to say they aren't anything special? Getting your college paid for is indeed special. There are alot of kids that don't get the chance to play in college. I'm so sick of your PRO-PIKEVILLE, CON-EVERYONE else mentality.
gish Wrote:I hate to tell you liveMAROON, but David Jones is on a different planet then Robert Shurtleff. I think what playa is trying to get at is why do you feel the need to say that? It's because you think that anyone that doesn't go to Pikeville isn't worth anything. There is good football players outside of Pikeville High School, and both those players had more rushing yards then Shurtleff did, competing in the same district and region. Shurtleff is just a bigger boy then those two. They could possibly get their EDUCATION paid for. Why do you really feel like you need to say they aren't anything special? Getting your college paid for is indeed special. There are alot of kids that don't get the chance to play in college. I'm so sick of your PRO-PIKEVILLE, CON-EVERYONE else mentality.

gish, you sure got the first line correct...(in more ways than one) :roll: You can't even compare those two so there is no use going there. Night and day, apples and oranges.

As far as the two from South Floyd, compare their careers, and Shurtleff "wins" hands down. Also, the kids from South Floyd played the entire games in their distrist, as Shurtleff and the other starters hardly ever played the second half, so there was no "padding the stats"...Gish you seem to be an intelligent football mind, so your comments in this thread surprise me. This is about the two from south floyd, leave Shurtleff out of it. He never asked to become part of this nonsense. :x
ManChild Jr. Wrote:
gish Wrote:I hate to tell you liveMAROON, but David Jones is on a different planet then Robert Shurtleff. I think what playa is trying to get at is why do you feel the need to say that? It's because you think that anyone that doesn't go to Pikeville isn't worth anything. There is good football players outside of Pikeville High School, and both those players had more rushing yards then Shurtleff did, competing in the same district and region. Shurtleff is just a bigger boy then those two. They could possibly get their EDUCATION paid for. Why do you really feel like you need to say they aren't anything special? Getting your college paid for is indeed special. There are alot of kids that don't get the chance to play in college. I'm so sick of your PRO-PIKEVILLE, CON-EVERYONE else mentality.

gish, you sure got the first line correct...(in more ways than one) :roll: You can't even compare those two so there is no use going there. Night and day, apples and oranges.

As far as the two from South Floyd, compare their careers, and Shurtleff "wins" hands down. Also, the kids from South Floyd played the entire games in their distrist, as Shurtleff and the other starters hardly ever played the second half, so there was no "padding the stats"...Gish you seem to be an intelligent football mind, so your comments in this thread surprise me. This is about the two from south floyd, leave Shurtleff out of it. He never asked to become part of this nonsense. :x

I only brought Rob into it because liveMAROON is from Pikeville and so is Rob. I know Robert personally, and really think the world of him and I know he is a GREAT football player, nobody is disputing that fact at all, I know he is better. I was just trying to defend the SF boys is all.
Well the majority of Pikeville people are NOT like liveMaroon. The South Floyd boys are fine football players, and I love Coach Daniels!

Where ever they choose to go, it is a great accomplishment, and Union is certainly nothing to hang your head about. I wonder if liveMaroon could go there in the future????????lol
I've never heard of liveMAROON so I guess that should tell me something.
Well im glad to hear that they got to see union and all. I knew a few players from some pike county teams that got to go see them also. Both were good running backs. But, i have to say they played in a weaker district than most. But, Im still curious of where doug howard is going.
I havent heard anything so far.
I thought that Joe and Wes were awsome..They were the Doug Howard and David Jones of 1A football
Basketballer Wrote:I thought that Joe and Wes were awsome..They were the Doug Howard and David Jones of 1A football

wow...
Kelvin Turner was pretty good, but I'd like to know where these kids are going to play.
They had a good SR season, it's just hard for college coaches to recruit someone from a program who has never had any success and has never really had anyone go to college to play football, if Joe and Wes were to go to union it would be a great accomplishment for them and also for SF
South Floyd has had plenty of players go to colleges.. some of them played and some of them didnt attend. so before you start comin to conclusions get your story right..[/scrolldown]
WHat the hell bro.......i didnt mean it in abad way im sorry if it came off biased...it was a dick move on my part.....i was just sayin they could easily make it to the NAIA....theres no shame in that.....sorry to those whom i have offended but i do agree that osborne and hall are great on the field......
Raider crazy, i dont know what your problem is, but i would like to know who from south floyd has played college football anywhere, i know there used to be some D-1 players that played at wheelwright high school, but i have never heard of anybody from south floyd high school play football anywhere.
Red and Black Wrote:Raider crazy, i dont know what your problem is, but i would like to know who from south floyd has played college football anywhere, i know there used to be some D-1 players that played at wheelwright high school, but i have never heard of anybody from south floyd high school play football anywhere.

They did..Alot of them did....But it was in the first few years that the school opened...And the most recent ones where in prob 2000.....Alot of the quit or was booted out because of grades,but off the top of my head I can think of a few some one else might be able to tell ya more....
1. BJ Bryant - Pikeville
2.Ketrin Mays - Moorehead I think
3.Joe Plactktus- Pikeville

I know there is atleast a few more
To my knowledge BJ never played at Pikeville. Ketrin went to Western Kentucky University, don't really know if he played football there or not and I don't think that Joe played for Pikeville. Thats just from what I know though. I could be wrong.
good post B&R
First I would like to say that Joe came from a football school in Detroit where many kids on that team would start on the mighty Pikeville football team. Just to let you know alot of schools asked for Joe to come and play for them after his first season with the Raiders. He decieded to stay with his teammates and friends which I cant say for alot of kids around here. So before you bash the NAIA schools remember the Pikeville Bears are NAIA. It really dont matter just get your school paid for.

THE BULL
Red and Black Wrote:Raider crazy, i dont know what your problem is, but i would like to know who from south floyd has played college football anywhere, i know there used to be some D-1 players that played at wheelwright high school, but i have never heard of anybody from south floyd high school play football anywhere.

I know several including myself.. However, I dont know anyone that has played division 1 football. The last player I remember from the South Floyd football team to get a Division 1 offer was Nick Compton at Ole Miss.
Raider_Girl Wrote:To my knowledge BJ never played at Pikeville. Ketrin went to Western Kentucky University, don't really know if he played football there or not and I don't think that Joe played for Pikeville. Thats just from what I know though. I could be wrong.

I know that they practiced and stuff there for a while....
I dont see were it matters. Its not like Floyd County or Pike County either one is feeding alot of Divison 1 schools. Most in this area stay close to home and play at NAIA schools. This doesnt mean we dont have good athletes. We just have small countys and theres a very small percentage of athletes that are capable of playing Divison 1 from any location. Common sense would tell you in larger countys and bigger schools your gonna produce more D1 caliber players simply due to statistical probabilities. Of course Louisville and Lexington are gonna produce more. They have 2 and 3 thousand students per school.

I think its great these kids can get an education and continue playing football because they love to play the game. The education is the most important thing. The football is a bonus. Because I dont know anyone that has every played profession sports from Floyd or Pike County. I really doubt any of you here posting in here played division 1 ball either.
great last post QQ my thoughts exactly....
Thanks bballer and QQ, i wasnt trying to be mean about it, i just wanted to know, because personally i have never read in the floyd co times or heard anywhere about anybody from SF playing college football, and i hope that joe and wes can get money to go to school anywhere they can, cuz ultimately, that's more than likely both of their own personal goals, i know that it was one of mine, and now that i have accomplished that, i can relax a little bit more, i hope wes and joe can feel the same way. Good luck to both of them wherever they go.
BJ, and Joe P signed with Pikeville but never attended school....

Ketrin signed and played a year or so with Kentucky State.

Good luck with Union Joe.....

any word on Wes?