Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady Dingess
Go tigers!!
Do you all realize this is high school basketball? These kids aren’t professionals. Why would Dingess dream of playing for a high exposure Prep School? Lol. He hasn’t even made it out of the 57th District. Paintsville is a great spot for him. Every other post I read reeks of jealousy. Dingess should be excited about this new opportunity and people who are jealous of the move should stop and realize that we are discussing a child.
Hookedonhoops Wrote:I've watched Paintsville quite a bit and Williams may not be called the point guard but he absolutely dominates the ball most of the time as he should, in my opinion he is their best player and still will be, and 8 was probably a sarcastic number but they have no more than 3 or 4 original Paintsville kids on their roster, all I'm saying is that you can out recruit yourself sometimes, and I just don't see Williams or the Allen kid deferring to Dingess, and how about the Tharp kid who has been there and paid his dues, or the watts kid who will probably lose his starting role to Dingess because if Fugate doesn't start then he will most definitely leave, just see it causing more problems than solutions, only time will tell

Lol this is the type of post that ruins bluegrass rivals. Nothing but rumors. Also a lot of what ifs.
There were no rumors in that post. A lot of what ifs maybe but no rumors. Also most of what was posted is probably right.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:There were no rumors in that post. A lot of what ifs maybe but no rumors. Also most of what was posted is probably right.

Ok you are right. Would not call it rumors. But I don’t see how adding a solid player could hurt a team.
I'm not saying it will hurt their team and Dingess Is a really solid young player from what I've read and watched (not sure he's what they hype him to be) not seen him enough to really know, I was just stating the obvious that when you keep bringing kids in and pushing other kids you have brought in or hometown kids down the line it will blow up sooner or later, its not jealousy or envy or anything else, just good old common horse sense...when you bring in 5,6 or 7 kids in to a program in a 2 year span more times than not you are for sure going to have some problems
BallFan1952 Wrote:any school that will let his dad be part of the coaching staff :biglmao:

Yes Ive heard same thing. Step aside and let the kid play.
Hookedonhoops Wrote:I'm not saying it will hurt their team and Dingess Is a really solid young player from what I've read and watched (not sure he's what they hype him to be) not seen him enough to really know, I was just stating the obvious that when you keep bringing kids in and pushing other kids you have brought in or hometown kids down the line it will blow up sooner or later, its not jealousy or envy or anything else, just good old common horse sense...when you bring in 5,6 or 7 kids in to a program in a 2 year span more times than not you are for sure going to have some problems
Well said... There were rumors of Moore leaving when the onslaught of Pburg kids came rushing in...
Hookedonhoops Wrote:I'm not saying it will hurt their team and Dingess Is a really solid young player from what I've read and watched (not sure he's what they hype him to be) not seen him enough to really know, I was just stating the obvious that when you keep bringing kids in and pushing other kids you have brought in or hometown kids down the line it will blow up sooner or later, its not jealousy or envy or anything else, just good old common horse sense...when you bring in 5,6 or 7 kids in to a program in a 2 year span more times than not you are for sure going to have some problems

These players left their previous schools because Paintsville is a better school. Pretty simple and easy to understand. Paintsville has 3 players from prestonsburg on their roster, and now Dingess. I don’t where you get your numbers, but all you are doing is trying to start trouble. So don’t give your BS about not being jealous or envious. You obviously care a lot about it to continue comment about it. Get your facts straight before you comment stupidity. PUSHING KIDS AWAY??? LOL LOL. And what 7 kids did they “bring in” in the past two years?
So my stupidity senses tell me that is 4 kids + the kid Dingess is bringing with him=5 and if I'm not mistaken their was a little guard went from JC to Pikeville then back to Paintsville and the Allen kid is a product of JC that is 7 kids that I know of, sorry that I hurt your feelings by saying what everyone else is thinking, they have already ran one of the best players in the region off in Mason Moore whether it was over baseball or basketball or whatever it doesn't matter, all I'm sayin is if you keep bringing kids in it will eventually create a problem
Hookedonhoops Wrote:So my stupidity senses tell me that is 4 kids + the kid Dingess is bringing with him=5 and if I'm not mistaken their was a little guard went from JC to Pikeville then back to Paintsville and the Allen kid is a product of JC that is 7 kids that I know of, sorry that I hurt your feelings by saying what everyone else is thinking, they have already ran one of the best players in the region off in Mason Moore whether it was over baseball or basketball or whatever it doesn't matter, all I'm sayin is if you keep bringing kids in it will eventually create a problem

Is Dingess bringing a kid with him? Is it a rumor, fact or what if?
I saw somewhere that a kid that plays on his Aau team is coming with him, not sure if its fact or not, can't remember the kids name
Hookedonhoops Wrote:I saw somewhere that a kid that plays on his Aau team is coming with him, not sure if its fact or not, can't remember the kids name

One thing for sure is the circuit he plays isnt the Adidas Gauntlet or the EYBL. :please:
Bringing another kid with him? I doubt it. I do not believe the good folks of Paintsville will ask all their kids to step aside and give up two spots especially for kids that cannot deliver a State Championship or a trip to the Sweet Sixteen. But again, we will revisit in March.
According to KPR a kid named Ka'len Siebert is coming with him, not sure that it is a for sure thing but that's the rumor
Not many kids from this area is even presented an opportunity to play in the Gauntlet or EYBL, the only 2 I have heard of ️is Trey James and the May kid from JC, James played up on Manimal 17U and May played on their 15U team
They are more than 2. Their families just don't make a big deal out of it.
Do you know who the other kids are? Id like to keep up with them, I think it's wonderful when eastern Ky kids get to play on a national stage and Id probably make a big deal out of it too if my son was good enough to make a gauntlet or EYBL team, it kinda is a big deal
Hookedonhoops Wrote:Not many kids from this area is even presented an opportunity to play in the Gauntlet or EYBL, the only 2 I have heard of ️is Trey James and the May kid from JC, James played up on Manimal 17U and May played on their 15U team

You are correct. But if you read all the post about Dingess you would think he would be playing at the highest level, but he isnt for some reason. Maybe it to pad stats or etc. I dont know. I really wonder how good he is and will be? i guess time will tell.
Ive watched Brady Dingess play since he was a little boy. He is a VERY solid basketball player. Hes not gonna dunk on people but when you look at the scorebook at the end of the game, he will have 15-20 pts, 10 assists, 5-10 steals, and some boards. Maybe 1 turnover. Paintsville is VERY LUCKY to get this kid. He is a super good boy to. Smart as they come. Tremendous worker. I think Colby Fugate is just as good BUT they are two different type players and will blend well together.

Brady has player all over the country. May not be able to afford Adidas Gauntlet or EYBL. Heck he probably dont need to travel that much any way. He already played a year of Varsity basketball and held his own. Hes a nice addition Paintsville.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Ive watched Brady Dingess play since he was a little boy. He is a VERY solid basketball player. Hes not gonna dunk on people but when you look at the scorebook at the end of the game, he will have 15-20 pts, 10 assists, 5-10 steals, and some boards. Maybe 1 turnover. Paintsville is VERY LUCKY to get this kid. He is a super good boy to. Smart as they come. Tremendous worker. I think Colby Fugate is just as good BUT they are two different type players and will blend well together.

Brady has player all over the country. May not be able to afford Adidas Gauntlet or EYBL. Heck he probably dont need to travel that much any way. He already played a year of Varsity basketball and held his own. Hes a nice addition Paintsville.

Ive seen him play read his tweets and he is a nice player from the Sheldon Clark area. His one rebound could be more if he didnt stand at half court and wait for an outlet pass, also watch some of his hs games where i know he had more turnovers than people tweet about. As far Gauntlet/EYBL Ive seen post where he is flyng to Myrtle beach so I dont think $$$ has anything to do with it.
The good thing about high school basketball is that it all plays out on the court. I watched the kid last year against Johnson Central. In three matchups between the two schools he played in two of the games and shot 6 of 21 from the floor for 28.6% and was 11 of 15 from the line. He scored 23 points and had 6 rebounds. Seems like 11.5 points and 3.0 rebounds is far below his season average. Like I said tough defense and tough competition plays out on the court. #TALKISCHEAP
Sounds like yall afraid hes gonna take your kids job or some of their lime light. He will only make Paintsville better.
You keep saying “bring kids in” like coach Slone really went out and had a recruiting visit with these boys. I can tell you for a fact that the Pburg boys came bc they was tired of the treatment they was getting from the “DeRosetts”. So they left there to come to a school where the atmosphere is far less controversial. Then Brady Dingess came bc of the problems with the coaching staff at SC, or his dad not being able to help or whatever the case may be but he was not recruited either. So just bc a school welcomes kids with open arms doesn’t mean they was recruited. That’s just your way of poking a jab and insinuating that someone is doing something against the rules. How about sit back and look at facts. #1 PHS is always competitive in any sport being played, so what athlete wouldn’t wanna play there? #2 There isn’t many turn overs in the coaching staffs so their sports have a stable backbone #3 If the parents is gonna move their child, with the academics at PHS, that would be a no brainer. Always right there with the top schools in the state every year. So how about not assume that there is always something shady going on and let the child and parent make whatever decision they feel is best for their kid.
Hookedonhoops Wrote:So my stupidity senses tell me that is 4 kids + the kid Dingess is bringing with him=5 and if I'm not mistaken their was a little guard went from JC to Pikeville then back to Paintsville and the Allen kid is a product of JC that is 7 kids that I know of, sorry that I hurt your feelings by saying what everyone else is thinking, they have already ran one of the best players in the region off in Mason Moore whether it was over baseball or basketball or whatever it doesn't matter, all I'm sayin is if you keep bringing kids in it will eventually create a problem
No one that was a transfer ran Mason Moore off. He left bc of another Paintsville home grown child. And the reason he left isn’t bc he wanted to leave bc he wanted to stay but his DAD made him leave bc he was unhappy that during baseball that when Mason wasn’t pitching that he wasn’t playing 3b over Matt Baldwin. That’s the facts plain and simple.