Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Favorites
Who do you all see as favorites this year in 7th and the three 8th grade divisions? Season will kick off for some teams about a month away from today.

Don’t know what everyone has coming in seventh but I’m sure Corbin, Northern, JC, and Caudill will be tough.

My picks in 8th would be a Johnson Central in D1, Corbin will run away with it in D2, and either Pikeville or Paintsville in D3.
D2 Corbin, Corbin 7th JC in D1, D3 could go about 3 ways.
Region 1 vs Region 3, Region 2 vs Region 4 for 2018
I keep hearing things from out west that they say it's their turn to win a title.
plantmanky Wrote:I keep hearing things from out west that they say it's their turn to win a title.

Don’t know what we have behind the fifth grade bunch at Corbin, but tell them out West to wait until the fifth graders come through then they might have a shot.

This is just a joke but we are stacked through fifth graders now, and an amazing staff. They should be fun to watch for the next few years.
Our 7th grade team at Corbin will be tough. They should roll threw that schedule
Lots of bowls this weekend to see where teams are at this season.
Maybe the best 8th grade running back in KY has transferred into Boyle Co and will be suiting up for the BCMS Eagles. He is an absolute BEAST and will dominate both sides of the ball.

His addition will make BCMS a contender for the DII title.

BCMS also has a new head coach.
FoSho Wrote:Maybe the best 8th grade running back in KY has transferred into Boyle Co and will be suiting up for the BCMS Eagles. He is an absolute BEAST and will dominate both sides of the ball.

Are they joining for 2018? I was told they were not.
plantmanky Wrote:Are they joining for 2018? I was told they were not.

I thought they joined when they felt they could win.
plantmanky Wrote:Are they joining for 2018? I was told they were not.

Heck I don't know. Lol
Cardfan1 Wrote:I thought they joined when they felt they could win.

No......they joined when they got a new coach. If they had joined previously they'd have won a "title". Boyle Co MS was best middle school team in 2015. Period.

Please understand that not everyone believes playing 17 games in a football season is a good thing. Besides, we do just fine in high school where it counts.
FoSho Wrote:No......they joined when they got a new coach. If they had joined previously they'd have won a "title". Boyle Co MS was best middle school team in 2015. Period.

Please understand that not everyone believes playing 17 games in a football season is a good thing. Besides, we do just fine in high school where it counts.

Corbin only played 13-14 last year. 8-9 regular season games, then playoffs.
FoSho Wrote:Maybe the best 8th grade running back in KY has transferred into Boyle Co and will be suiting up for the BCMS Eagles. He is an absolute BEAST and will dominate both sides of the ball.

Kid is extremely talented, what does Boyle have to surround him with? I know the Hardwick kid is solid on the line. There’s some solid RB’s through the state in this class. That kid, Corbin has a couple, Phelps from Paintsville, and Lawson from JC are really solid athletes and great kids.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Corbin only played 13-14 last year. 8-9 regular season games, then playoffs.

Boyle Co played 17. They played 10 regular season, 2 conf playoffs and 5 state playoffs (same week Thu/Sat). their Conf Championship on that last Thursday, the state semis on Sat and Finals on Sun (3 in 4 days) for a total of 17. It's too much football.

Our conference schedule is set. We've been a member for a long time. It has prepared our ms team for hs football and we will never drop out. The solution is to not play in the state tourney. I've never been a proponent of playing in it and the proof that I'm right is on the wall behind Rebel Stadium. When the KHSAA starts sanctioning the state tourney then I may change my mind. Got no idea what the new coach will do this year but if they play they will be a really tough out.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co played 17. They played 10 regular season, 2 conf playoffs and 5 state playoffs (same week Thu/Sat). their Conf Championship on that last Thursday, the state semis on Sat and Finals on Sun (3 in 4 days) for a total of 17. It's too much football.

Our conference schedule is set. We've been a member for a long time. It has prepared our ms team for hs football and we will never drop out. The solution is to not play in the state tourney. I've never been a proponent of playing in it and the proof that I'm right is on the wall behind Rebel Stadium. When the KHSAA starts sanctioning the state tourney then I may change my mind. Got no idea what the new coach will do this year but if they play they will be a really tough out.

Our middle school was left out of a conference, but in all honesty it was the best move because now the level of teams we play are much better. They’ve gone from playing teams such as Whitley and the laurel county teams, to playing bowling green, Johnson central, and many notable state powers. Not being in a conference has reduced two games that we would’ve normally played. I’m a fan of playing in the state tournament because I don’t think it hurts. But the benefits of it is playing really solid teams throughout the state, getting your kids used to playing on a bigger stage, etc.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Our middle school was left out of a conference, but in all honesty it was the best move because now the level of teams we play are much better. They’ve gone from playing teams such as Whitley and the laurel county teams, to playing bowling green, Johnson central, and many notable state powers. Not being in a conference has reduced two games that we would’ve normally played. I’m a fan of playing in the state tournament because I don’t think it hurts. But the benefits of it is playing really solid teams throughout the state, getting your kids used to playing on a bigger stage, etc.

I like our path and it's paid off well in HS. Good luck to you guys!
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Our middle school was left out of a conference, but in all honesty it was the best move because now the level of teams we play are much better. They’ve gone from playing teams such as Whitley and the laurel county teams, to playing bowling green, Johnson central, and many notable state powers. Not being in a conference has reduced two games that we would’ve normally played. I’m a fan of playing in the state tournament because I don’t think it hurts. But the benefits of it is playing really solid teams throughout the state, getting your kids used to playing on a bigger stage, etc.

I agree, it can do nothing but help get kids ready for the next level by playing on a big stage against good teams. Playing teams that you’re gonna beat by 40 in the regular season does nothing to better either team. Plus you get bragging rights and kids will never forget the experience. I know mine won’t.
Our 2020 class did not play in the kymsfa state tourney and scored every point in the semis and finals of the KHSAA 3A tourney for Boyle Co in 2017.

Talent/coaching wins high school titles not middles school big game experience. Not meaning to sound like a jerk but I'm just saying.
FoSho Wrote:Our 2020 class did not play in the kymsfa state tourney and scored every point in the semis and finals of the KHSAA 3A tourney for Boyle Co in 2017.

Talent/coaching wins high school titles not middles school big game experience. Not meaning to sound like a jerk but I'm just saying.

Would it have hurt anything had they played in the kymsfa state tournament?
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Would it have hurt anything had they played in the kymsfa state tournament?

Hard to say....it would have added 4-5 more games per season to a 24-0 record in middles school. Their best player missed half his 8th grade season and was promptly named KHSAA All-State Honorable Mention as a freshman. I can tell you honestly that not one of those kids was concerned with that tournament before during or after middle school.

I don't think there is anything wrong with playing in the tourney if schools decide to do it. My point has always been that it has no bearing on high school football and for us was never a priority until a new coach was hired when the previous one went to coach at the high school. If we weren't in our conference and only had 9-10 regular season games before the state tourney started and/or if the tourney was sanctioned by the KHSAA then it might be different.

To win it is a great accomplishment without question but it's just not a priority at Boyle Co.
FoSho Wrote:Our 2020 class did not play in the kymsfa state tourney and scored every point in the semis and finals of the KHSAA 3A tourney for Boyle Co in 2017.

You’re correct in a way that it doesn’t have an effect on the OUTCOME of high school games. But the experience does help the young men. But I agree with you to an extent. Just because we won the MS title doesn’t mean we will win the HS. But the experience does help the kids in the long run. To say it doesn’t is almost like saying the regular season doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs in HS. Kids take the experience and what they’ve learned and apply it later on and build on it. Plus those title rings do look nice
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Our 7th grade team at Corbin will be tough. They should roll threw that schedule

So GUT you are officially a red dog now?
What were the scores of the corbin vs BOwling green game? One of the coaches told me the 7th grade won pretty easily
Hound05 Wrote:What were the scores of the corbin vs BOwling green game? One of the coaches told me the 7th grade won pretty easily

34-0 7th grade.
30-6 8th grade.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:34-0 7th grade.
30-6 8th grade.

Wow could this be another year bringing two trophies to the house!!
Hey FoSho I heard today that Pikeville is coming there Saturday for a game. They also have an good running back and linebacker can’t wait to see how they stand up to the Boyle county middle school team could be bad could be good never know. Will be good experience for this Pikeville team. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:Hey FoSho I heard today that Pikeville is coming there Saturday for a game. They also have an good running back and linebacker can’t wait to see how they stand up to the Boyle county middle school team could be bad could be good never know. Will be good experience for this Pikeville team. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

The kid you’re talking about could very well be the best in his grade of the kids I’ve seen. Absolute play maker.
Patriot1 Wrote:Hey FoSho I heard today that Pikeville is coming there Saturday for a game. They also have an good running back and linebacker can’t wait to see how they stand up to the Boyle county middle school team could be bad could be good never know. Will be good experience for this Pikeville team. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I'll be there and will be happy to give you a report. BCMS played a team in Campbellsville yesterday and won like 40-6 but that team was not very good from what I was told. That being said, it was a good first game for BCMS and if their transfer is ready to play vs Pikeville I would be shocked if he isn't the best football player on the field. The kid is a scary good!

I'll give you my honest opinion on Sat.
FoSho Wrote:I'll be there and will be happy to give you a report. BCMS played a team in Campbellsville yesterday and won like 40-6 but that team was not very good from what I was told. That being said, it was a good first game for BCMS and if their transfer is ready to play vs Pikeville I would be shocked if he isn't the best football player on the field. The kid is a scary good!

I'll give you my honest opinion on Sat.

If I can make it I might be there but don’t know yet. I appreciate the offer to let me know and may have to take you up on it and I honest believe you would give me a fair assessment.