Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillispie Hires First Assistant
WLEX 18 is reporting that Gillispie has hired Jeremy Cox, who worked with him at A & M, as his first assistant at UK.

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=6350646
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:WLEX 18 is reporting that Gillispie has hired Jeremy Cox, who worked with him at A & M, as his first assistant at UK.

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=6350646

I saw somewhere that it said he was keeping all UK's assistants, and it's not all the assistant coaches' job to recruite, but I thought that it wasn't a good sign. If he's bringing in assistants though, play ball
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Dont know where you heard that, but its not true. Finney is in Minnesota with Tubby, Hobbs is retiring due to his health, and that other assistant is trying to get on at Hawaii. Reggie Hanson Im not sure about. The strength coach is only man staying
Tubby Hater Wrote:Dont know where you heard that, but its not true. Finney is in Minnesota with Tubby, Hobbs is retiring due to his health, and that other assistant is trying to get on at Hawaii. Reggie Hanson Im not sure about. The strength coach is only man staying
Glad to be wrongCool
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Finney went to Marshall... thought I saw it on WSAZ tonight.
Finney was never hired at Minnesota. He was interviewed and brought in by Tubby.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/6809502.html
Well anyways..This is good news because this DOES MEAN that at least 1 of Tubby's old assistant coaches will not be sitting on the bench! KEEP HIRING BILLY G!
Okay, Billy G was on the Joe B. and Denny show yesterday and he confirmed this too. He said nothing about keeping Tubby's assistants.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Interesting to note, the ukathletics.com list only the strength coach and Gillispie as UK coaches next season.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Interesting to note, the ukathletics.com list only the strength coach and Gillispie as UK coaches next season.
It seems lately that the UK Athletics website has been slow in reporting things. It could just be, I don't know. But I read too, that Cox was going to be an assistant. I like how Gillispie said he was going to find "multidimensional" coaches. He didn't want one who focused on academics, recruiting, or conditioning. He wants coaches who can do it all. Go get 'em, Billy!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:It seems lately that the UK Athletics website has been slow in reporting things. It could just be, I don't know. But I read too, that Cox was going to be an assistant. I like how Gillispie said he was going to find "multidimensional" coaches. He didn't want one who focused on academics, recruiting, or conditioning. He wants coaches who can do it all. Go get 'em, Billy!

I was thinking in that seeing the site with no one listed except for the strength coach told me that no one else from last year's staff would be there this season.