Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeAndre Jordan Watch Thread...
FOX SPORTS Wrote:BTW...Gillispie IS NOT allowed to contact him...he has already signed a letter of intent

You are 100% correct about that. After signing a LOI, the recruiting process ends and a recruiting "ban" goes into effect. But I wonder if there is a provision for this type of situation that allows for the coach to speak with the recruits about their future. If not, how could the recruit speak about leaving with the coach unless the recruit called the coach every single time. I would think there is some kind of provision or unwritten rule concerning this type of situation. Maybe not though but it's an interesting subject to check out.
I read in the Lexington Herald that he can get out of his LOI, but the aggies also have a right to set sanctions such as he can go to every school but Kentucky or He can go to any school but a big 12 one.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I read in the Lexington Herald that he can get out of his LOI, but the aggies also have a right to set sanctions such as he can go to every school but Kentucky or He can go to any school but a big 12 one.
Texas A&M can do many things.
They can set restrictions or flat out deny his release or they can grant an unconditional release.
If my memory serves me correctly, Mitch Barnhart and A&M's AD have a history together and are good friends. I don't see A&M holding Jordan to the LOI based on that fact.
Again they can hold him to the L.O.I but really do they want that type of reputation. And could hurt them from getting other recruits down the road.. The worst thing that could happen to Jordan is they dont let him out of it and he has to transfer before school even starts and sits out a year, and still would have 4 years remaining.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Amun-Ra Wrote:They have no choice in the matter. Since the coached he signed with left he has the right and ability to leave if he so chooses.

If he leaves without his release it will cost him 1 year of sitting and watching others play.
kyrifle Wrote:If he leaves without his release it will cost him 1 year of sitting and watching others play.
But if he asks for his release they have to give it to him. I promise u all there was a case of this like two years ago.
Batpuff Wrote:Again they can hold him to the L.O.I but really do they want that type of reputation. And could hurt them from getting other recruits down the road.. The worst thing that could happen to Jordan is they dont let him out of it and he has to transfer before school even starts and sits out a year, and still would have 4 years remaining.

Exactly. Texas A&M would look pretty back if he wanted out and they wouldn't release him. There would be a big buzz about it and the school could really say nothing to get people on their side. It would hurt them because other recruits would probably reconsider coming there in the future, just in case something changed their minds knowing that they was a big mess with Jordan and they might not be released either. If Jordan does decide to come to UK, I think that he will be released. A&M doesn't need that type of press, they've already lost their coach and the friendship with Lambart is pretty cool as well. Hopefully Jordan will make contact and we will see what happens as far as who else the Big Blue may be bringing in.

Publicly, Gillispie has indicated he won't try to bring Jordan or any of his other recruits to Lexington. "That's not the honorable way to do it," said Gillispie. "They signed with Texas A&M and I'm sure they'll all honor their national letter of intent."

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6659886
I was reading this mornings Lexington Herald and they are reporting that Jordan may waver his commitment to Texas A&M. They said, " on a standard form filled out by all players, Jordan-- who is scheduled to participate in saturday's Adidas Derby Festival Basketball classic in Louisville-- left blank the question about what college he will attend." Could be some good news for UK fans.
And it also said in a site reported in another thread that Sources close to Jordan sid that the young man would opt out of his scholarship at A&M and follow Coach BG to UK.
Things are finally looking up for the cats. Here we are all excited, and watch us not land any of em. Smile