Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking Reds Baseball...
I have seen all I can stand of this bullpen. If our minor league picthing is as strong as everyone keeps saying, lets bring these guys up to help us now. Why wait until we are out of the race. I know everyone keeps saying we must wait and bring these kids up later, but whats the difference in throwing often in the minors and throwing in the big leagues. Why waist their arms in the minors.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I have seen all I can stand of this bullpen. If our minor league picthing is as strong as everyone keeps saying, lets bring these guys up to help us now. Why wait until we are out of the race. I know everyone keeps saying we must wait and bring these kids up later, but whats the difference in throwing often in the minors and throwing in the big leagues. Why waist their arms in the minors.

I agree for the most part. Bring up the young blood and lets put Stanton and Stormy Weathers one step closer to drawing SSI. Smile
So far the bright stops of the season have been: 1) Hamilton's amazing rookie year 2) starting pitching (...yes even Milton at times)
I am sure we could talk for days about the negatives of the season and the worst thing is....it has only been 1/4 of the season!!!
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:So far the bright stops of the season have been: 1) Hamilton's amazing rookie year 2) starting pitching (...yes even Milton at times)
I am sure we could talk for days about the negatives of the season and the worst thing is....it has only been 1/4 of the season!!!

We are 1/4 of the season in and the Reds are already 10 games back. That pretty much sums it up.

But don't cash it in yet. Remember, the Brewers are leading the division. They will peak and fizzle out. They are loaded with talent, but they also have a history of injuries from most of their current players. Hopefully, the Reds can catch fire before Houston/Chicago wake up. I don't know what will happen with the Cardinals considering their starting pitching problems, alcohol killing their pitcher Hancock and Manager LaRussa also pulled for DUI. They have some internal issues that need to be dealt with.
jammin' jamey Wrote:We are 1/4 of the season in and the Reds are already 10 games back. That pretty much sums it up.

But don't cash it in yet. Remember, the Brewers are leading the division. They will peak and fizzle out. They are loaded with talent, but they also have a history of injuries from most of their current players. Hopefully, the Reds can catch fire before Houston/Chicago wake up. I don't know what will happen with the Cardinals considering their starting pitching problems, alcohol killing their pitcher Hancock and Manager LaRussa also pulled for DUI. They have some internal issues that need to be dealt with.

I just saw where Houston was now 7-1 against the Reds and just 9-16 against the rest of the league. Sad thing is, I think we have outscored them this year, but they keep winning all the close, 1-2 run games.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I just saw where Houston was now 7-1 against the Reds and just 9-16 against the rest of the league. Sad thing is, I think we have outscored them this year, but they keep winning all the close, 1-2 run games.

Until today's series-ending win, the Reds have lost their last 3 matchups with Houston by 1 run.
Went to last night's game just to watch Encarnacion blow up and cost the Reds the game. Had decent seats though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice pics Alfus...Looks as if you had some good seats.
Per the Cincinnati Enquirer...Homer Bailey will not make the start this Sunday vs. the Dodgers. Bobby Livingstone will make the start in Milton's spot.
Dodgers 10 Reds 5.......is there a worse bullpen in baseball?
Wow...I go away for a week and the Reds drop to 10+ games back.
I know hind sight is 20-20, but I thought it was a big mistake trading Kearns and Lopez last year. I said at the time we were giving them to Washington. That trade was suppose to upgrade the bull pen. Not only did it not upgrade the bull pen, but we are missing those bats now.

I love the Reds, but they make some dumb moves sometimes.
Aaron Harang is on bereavement leave in San Diego with his grandfather...Also, Bill Bray threw an extended spring training game yesterday: 2 innings and no complaints. He should start rehab soon..

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/red...t-lsit.asp
Go Reds!
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but have the Reds only made the playoffs twice since 1979? ('90 & '95)

Being someone that grew up watching the Big Red Machine, thats hard to swallow. Can't say the Cincy fans aren't loyal.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but have the Reds only made the playoffs twice since 1979? ('90 & '95)

Being someone that grew up watching the Big Red Machine, thats hard to swallow. Can't say the Cincy fans aren't loyal.

It would've been 3 times had the strike not happened in 1994. And of course the one-game playoff year in 1999 I believe.

Fans are loyal and I know a whole bunch of people that got excited with last night's come-from-behind win over Washington, but remember they achieved that feat against the only team with a worse record than the Reds - the Nats. Wink

This has a been a tough season with few bright spots. Griffey healthy, Hamilton. That's about it for me.

BTW, why don't the Reds put up some kind of marker on the outfield wall to follow Junior's chase for 600 homeruns? He's at 572 now and looking good, but he's a hangnail away from the DL I suppose.
the Reds may have turned the season around last night after being down 6-0 to Nationals and coming back to win.
ESPN.com is reporting Hamilton will be on 15 DL ( gastroenteritis) and they will bring Edwin Encarnacion from triple A.
rallo316 Wrote:the Reds may have turned the season around last night after being down 6-0 to Nationals and coming back to win.

A come-from-behind win against the leagues worst team isn't that impressive.

As you mentioned, Hamilton is on the DL retroactive to Saturday...It will be interesting to see how EE reacts to being back with the "big club".

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2879002
jammin' jamey Wrote:A come-from-behind win against the leagues worst team isn't that impressive.

As you mentioned, Hamilton is on the DL retroactive to Saturday...It will be interesting to see how EE reacts to being back with the "big club".

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2879002
looks like you were right about the comeback.
rallo316 Wrote:looks like you were right about the comeback.

Don't get me wrong, things can change and this team is better than they have shown. Last night, it was Narron's fault. He leaves a lefty, Jon Countlangus, in the game to face Felipe Lopez with the bases juiced in a homer-friendly park, knowing that Lopez is a career .279 hitter vs. lefties. He managed the player, he knows his what Lopez is capable of. Blows my mind.

Coutlangus had been pretty fair in his several outings, but last night was not his fault. He got in trouble and Narron made him suffer instead of going to a righthander.

Stanton is a waste. This guy needs to be released and make room for Majewski/Bray.
Any news on Ryan Freel today.
rallo316 Wrote:Any news on Ryan Freel today.

He is ok just banged up a bit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I was reading were they gave Hamilton the ok to start playing again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Whats sad is that the Reds play in the worst division in Baseball and still 9.5 games out of 1st. But on a good note as bad as they have played they are only 9.5 games out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:I was reading were they gave Hamilton the ok to start playing again.
be nice to get Hambone back.
Hamilton will be activated this Sunday...Freel's doing fine just banged up and will be a bit longer before coming back.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Hamilton will be activated this Sunday...Freel's doing fine just banged up and will be a bit longer before coming back.
thanks for the info.
Freel is on the 15-day DL by the way. Hamilton should be activated Sunday at the earliest, that's when he's eligible to come back and being a outfielder short with Freel hurt, why wait to add Hamilton.
That great Reds bullpen blew another lead. It was 6-4 Reds going to the eigth. I stepped out on the porch to get a breath of air and before I could get back in it was already 6-6. Going to the ninth now. Cmon boys, win this one!!!