Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking Reds Baseball...
yankeefan Wrote:dunn hit 2 shots and every body needs 2 quit bad mouthing him. he is second in the line up and now everybody knows why

One game doesn't prove Dunn needs to be hitting 2nd everyday. He's not fast, he strikes out too much and doesn't put the ball in play enough to move runners to be hitting in the 2nd hole.

Ask me in a couple weeks if Dunn needs to move down in the lineup.
I would love to see the Reds do somethign this year.
jammin' jamey Wrote:One game doesn't prove Dunn needs to be hitting 2nd everyday. He's not fast, he strikes out too much and doesn't put the ball in play enough to move runners to be hitting in the 2nd hole.

I couldn't agree more Jamey.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds on Radio tonight...

Pregame airs at 6:40/Gametime 7:10 on WMDJ FM 100.1

Bronson makes his first start of the season.
I can't wait. Wire to Wire this year!!
venom93 Wrote:I can't wait. Wire to Wire this year!!

That's why I love April Baseball, we still have a chance. Smile
jammin' jamey Wrote:That's why I love April Baseball, we still have a chance. Smile

We normally have a chance up until the All Star break. After that the wheels fall off (normally the pitchers arms and a part of Griffey too)Smile
venom93 Wrote:We normally have a chance up until the All Star break. After that the wheels fall off (normally the pitchers arms and a part of Griffey too)Smile

Right now, Griffey is ailing from his own ego in my opinion. The move from CF to RF was not something he wanted to do and had his hand forced in the process.

I would also say the standing ovation Hamilton received Monday didn't sit well with Junior either, considering Hamilton is the best defensive outfielder on the team and could be starting soon.
I agree. I think Hamilton will get some good time in right. From late innings for defense and some starts (especially in bad conditions) to hopefully keep Griff healthy. Denorfia having surgery really opened it up for Hamilton also.
Arroyo goes tonight for the Reds...against Lily for the Cubs.
You would think Griffey would want the move to save wear and tear on his fragile body. I cant wait to see Hamilton in a full game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:You would think Griffey would want the move to save wear and tear on his fragile body. I cant wait to see Hamilton in a full game.

I don't think so. I think Griffey is still under the impression that he is "the kid" and that he's never gotten the sort of welcome he thinks he deserves in Cincy.
Batpuff Wrote:You would think Griffey would want the move to save wear and tear on his fragile body. I cant wait to see Hamilton in a full game.

Well it would be nice if he stayed healthy an entire year.

Has he even played the entire year without going on the DL since coming to Cincy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Found an interesting note today in the paper that the Reds have a payroll of $69.1 million this season. That is a franchise record. There are 19 teams with a higher payroll. The Reds played 11 of those teams last season.

Against teams with a higher payroll than Cincinnati, the Reds were 48-59 last season. That includes being (0-3) vs. the White Sox and (0-6) vs. the Dodgers. The only two teams with higher payrolls that the Reds had a winning record against was St. Louis (9-6) and Houston (10-5).

Against teams with a payroll less than Cincinnati's, the Reds were 32-23 last season. That includes Kansas City, Cleveland, San Diego, Colorado, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Washington and Florida. The Reds had losing records against the Padres & D-Backs (2-4 each).

Gonna use this on my on-air sports report today.
Can't wait to see them play this season.
Reds in action today...
They got the big L last night, one bad inning killed the Reds last night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds lead 3-2 over Chicago, middle of the 8th inning, thanks to Mike Stanton causing Ronnie Cedano to pop-out...
Who went for the reds today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lohse started but didn't get the win. He gave up 2 runs in 6 1/3. Overall a pretty good outing for him. The relief got it done but its always a little scary.

This one belongs to the Reds. 5-2
Reds win...Hattieburg hit a big two run homer to put
the game away. Losche pitched really well...if he
can be a consistent starter in the "3" hole, the
Reds could stay in the race deeper into the
season...
The Reds take on the Pirates tonight...Pittsburgh is 3-0 to start the season.
Reds get another quality start from a starting pitcher, one can only hope this continues.
jammin' jamey Wrote:One game doesn't prove Dunn needs to be hitting 2nd everyday. He's not fast, he strikes out too much and doesn't put the ball in play enough to move runners to be hitting in the 2nd hole.

Dunn hitting 2nd is ridiculous. Having you power hitter batting 2nd is obsurd. If he could run it would kinda make sense, I guess, but I still wouldn't do it then, not with his power. Dunn is a clean-up hitter.
Reds won today 7-5 to take the first 2 games against the Pirates! I was at this game, and let me say...it was COLD! But the weather didn't effect the offense by either team. Pittsburgh scored 2 in the top of the first. Dunn homered again in the bottom half to tie it up. He had some help from Xavier Nady who had the ball hit the palm of his glove and bounce over for a 2-run shot. Harang pitched well, except for two bad innings. I think he had somewhere around 6 Ks. The bullpen was yet again superb. Let's hope they can keep it up. Cincy is now 4-1 and in sole possession of 1st Place in the NL Central!
Reds in action tonight. First road game, Reds at Diamondbacks...

Bronson Arroyo making his second start of the season
The Reds blow a 2-0 lead and lose tonight to the D-Backs in Arizona's home opener.

Final: D-Backs 3 - Reds 2
Reds had several chances to win this one. They never got the timely hit they needed and should have put more runs up against the D-backs starter. He was pretty wild all night. These late night West coast games kill me. I am going to have to start taking a nap before they come on.
The Reds lose another to the d-backs. Love the reds but they are killing me already. We needed to win this series against them. Especially when you dont face their top 2 pitchers and have other injuries. Hopefully we get on a roll !!!!
What killed the Reds last night against the D-Backs was their lack of patience at the plate. Swinging at 1-0 counts or the 1st pitch. Amazing. Hopefully things will fair better tonight. I'll be listening (working) tonight while the game is going on.