Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking Reds Baseball...
Bengal Cat Wrote:That great Reds bullpen blew another lead. It was 6-4 Reds going to the eigth. I stepped out on the porch to get a breath of air and before I could get back in it was already 6-6. Going to the ninth now. Cmon boys, win this one!!!

No danger in that. 8-6 tribe final. Autumn and the Bengals season can't get here soon enough for me.
I am sorry guys but I absolutely HATE the reds...
cig107 Wrote:I am sorry guys but I absolutely HATE the reds...
If you hate the Reds then dont write in this forum, let me guess you are a Yankee fan right?
Great win today for the Reds, and good outing for the bullpen. Reds take the three game series from the Indians and hopefully they can carry their momentum into their next series against the Angels.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Great win today for the Reds, and good outing for the bullpen. Reds take the three game series from the Indians and hopefully they can carry their momentum into their next series against the Angels.

So if you're the GM, do you continue to play for this year or start thinking about the future? The Reds starters have had an ERA of 2.05 in their last 4 starts. That ain't gonna last. I say begin to break it down...Trade Kyle Lohse while he's hot, Jeff Conine/Mike Stanton and other high priced veterans...Bring up Livingston and Phil Dumatrait and see what they've got now...Do you trade Adam Dunn? I'm not decided yet. I guess it would depend on what kind of pitching you receive in return for him.
Tubby Hater Wrote:If you hate the Reds then dont write in this forum, let me guess you are a Yankee fan right?

NO!!! I hate the Yanks...I'm a mets fan and have been since I can remember...I was kind of forced into it because all of my family are BIG Mets fans...:flame:Yanks
Jerry Narron was fired today.....It took long enough.
If the bullpen doesn't improve dramatically, the
Reds are headed for one hundred losses...and it
doesn't much matter if Connie Mack or Sparky
Anderson are at the helm.
thecavemaster Wrote:If the bullpen doesn't improve dramatically, the

I agree, but we couldn't keep Narron with the team losing like this.
thecavemaster Wrote:If the bullpen doesn't improve dramatically, the

Nice post and I hope it doesn't come down to a 100 loss season. This Reds baseball team would go down as one of the wrost teams ever. Does anyone know how many 100 loss teams there has been in the past 10 years?

NUMBER 1 PICK HERE WE ARE!!!
This is the demise of Reds baseball, every year is a rebuilding year and there is nothing we the fans can do about it. When was the last time we made a trade that actually changed anything. Imo it has been about 15 years and to top that we can not draft a big time player when we are getting the first picks year in and year out. SOMEONE HAS GOT TO HELP THIS TEAM AND QUICKLY. If not we could be seeing a move in the near future.
Hamilton sprained his wrist last night swinging in the on deck circle. He's in a cast until Thursday when he will go to New York to have Kremchek take a look at it. Homer Bailey is sent back down, and Pedro Lopez is brought up. Presumably so he won't have a long layoff over the break.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This is the demise of Reds baseball, every year is a rebuilding year and there is nothing we the fans can do about it. When was the last time we made a trade that actually changed anything. Imo it has been about 15 years and to top that we can not draft a big time player when we are getting the first picks year in and year out. SOMEONE HAS GOT TO HELP THIS TEAM AND QUICKLY. If not we could be seeing a move in the near future.

The reason the Reds are struggling now is because top picks were waisted on players like Chad Mottorola 10 years ago. The farm system has struggled to produce major league talent and the blame falls on Jim Bowden. That man ran this franchise in the ground to failing to scout/draft quality players and instead, settled on trying to make free agent acquisitions hoping to improve the team.

Wayne Krivsky (and even Dan O'Brien to a certain extent) are rebuilding the farm system. I know we as Reds fans have heard it for years, "wait 3 more years or so and we will be winning again." This time, believe it. Names like Homer Bailey, Joey Votto, Jay Bruce get me excited about the Reds future.

Believe me, everyone on this team with the exception of Harang, Phillips, Bailey, Arroyo, Encarnarcion and the aforementioned minor league talent are up for trades. Moves will be coming soon and this team will become more balanced with pitching/defense/speed very soon.
The BullPen strikes again. Harang pitched a jewel thru 8 and handed a 3-1 lead to Weathers. He some how got the first 2 out then gave up a single, double then another single. Sounds like my order at Wendy's. Going to bottom of 9th tied at 3.
Freel led off the 10th with a double, advanced to third a single, and then Valentin grounds into a double play, stranding Freel at 3rd. That killed them. Coutlangus is pitching now, 1 down in the top of the 11th.
jammin' jamey Wrote:The reason the Reds are struggling now is because top picks were waisted on players like Chad Mottorola 10 years ago. The farm system has struggled to produce major league talent and the blame falls on Jim Bowden. That man ran this franchise in the ground to failing to scout/draft quality players and instead, settled on trying to make free agent acquisitions hoping to improve the team.

Wayne Krivsky (and even Dan O'Brien to a certain extent) are rebuilding the farm system. I know we as Reds fans have heard it for years, "wait 3 more years or so and we will be winning again." This time, believe it. Names like Homer Bailey, Joey Votto, Jay Bruce get me excited about the Reds future.

Believe me, everyone on this team with the exception of Harang, Phillips, Bailey, Arroyo, Encarnarcion and the aforementioned minor league talent are up for trades. Moves will be coming soon and this team will become more balanced with pitching/defense/speed very soon.

Great post, I agree with everything you said. The farm system is looking much better than it did five years ago. Everyone complains about the pen and rightfully so, but we have three rookies out there that show a nice upside in McBeth, Coutlangus, and Salmon. Bray is also very young, the future isn't as dim as some make it sound.
I say move Homer Bailey to the closer until he develops another pitch.
rallo316 Wrote:I say move Homer Bailey to the closer until he develops another pitch.

No, I say leave him in the rotation and let him develop there. If you put him in the pen he'll never use another pitch, most relievers only have to use a couple pitches. I don't want Homer to be our closer for the next few years, I want him to be the ace of the rotation!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Homer Bailey placed on the 15-day DL at Louisville with a strained right groin.
move Burton to closer Weathers is not a closer.
Wasn't the three game debacle with the Nationals
an emblem of the Reds' problems? We leave
runners on base in crucial situations, make mistake
pitch after mistake pitch when we're AHEAD in the
count, strike out in "need contact" situations...
it's frustrating, particularly when you see at
least a few other small market teams winning.
David Ross on the 15-day DL due to a concussion he suffered on Sunday against the Padres...Reds have called up Ryan Jorgensen from Louisville as the backup to Javy Valentine. Chad Moeller was traded over the weekend to the Dodgers for cash before Ross' injury. Unknown how long Ross will miss play.
I like to see Javy in the lineup anyway.