Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best HS Comeback Ever
Most of you have probably seen it on other forums but I'm going to post it anyway...

On another note,, what are some great comebacks in Ky. Hs Football last season?? I can think of the hazard vs. paintsville playoff game, but there are many more...
I hate to bring it up but Breathitt County's comeback against Russell in the 2002 AA Semis in Jackson was an incredible comeback.
i can think of two Ive seen...one was either 1981 or 1982, cant remember which year, but Jenkins trailed Fleming Neon 28-0 in the third quarter and came back to win 30-28..I seen Neon trail Paintsville 46-12 going into the 4th quarter but Paintsville thankfully held on to win 46-42..
DevilsWin Wrote:I hate to bring it up but Breathitt County's comeback against Russell in the 2002 AA Semis in Jackson was an incredible comeback.
That was an amazing comeback, Russell had an Unbelievable team that year.
Sheldon Clark vs. Leslie 2 years ago was pretty nice..
Did anyone see the A State game this year?
Lawrence Co vs Flemming in 92 was the best ending ever in Eastern KY.
Regional Semi Finals down by 4 with no timeouts LC's winningest class ever at the time looked like they had played their last game. All Flemming had to do was take a knee to run out the time. Instead they kept running over LC to embarrass them for some bad blood the 2 had for each other. LC's Lee Abshire threw Junior Marshall (STUD) out of bounds to stop the clock. LC sent their whole team after the punt and the kids kicked it into his snapper in a panic. LC got the ball on the opposite 40 with 12 seconds to go. QB Roger Lyons raised up and hit Jason Wells on a quick hitch, at the last second Wells flipped the ball to a sprinting Abshire who outran the secondary for a 60+ yard TD! It was the epitemey of never giving up. Half of the fans were already walking out with tears in their eyes. The two point conversion was backed up to the 40 because of the bodies all over the field!
bulldog42 Wrote:Lawrence Co vs Flemming in 92 was the best ending ever in Eastern KY.
Regional Semi Finals down by 4 with no timeouts LC's winningest class ever at the time looked like they had played their last game. All Flemming had to do was take a knee to run out the time. Instead they kept running over LC to embarrass them for some bad blood the 2 had for each other. LC's Lee Abshire threw Junior Marshall (STUD) out of bounds to stop the clock. LC sent their whole team after the punt and the kids kicked it into his snapper in a panic. LC got the ball on the opposite 40 with 12 seconds to go. QB Roger Lyons raised up and hit Jason Wells on a quick hitch, at the last second Wells flipped the ball to a sprinting Abshire who outran the secondary for a 60+ yard TD! It was the epitemey of never giving up. Half of the fans were already walking out with tears in their eyes. The two point conversion was backed up to the 40 because of the bodies all over the field!

IYO..
bulldog42 Wrote:Lawrence Co vs Flemming in 92 was the best ending ever in Eastern KY.

I have seen alot closer games than this.
If you've seen one closer then spit it. Not many times in the Regional Semis with the ball past midfield does a team have a chance to take a knee and end it. Then they get their punt blocked and in a one play desperation another team hits a 50+ yard hook and latteral to win it!
The Trinity/Male game is the best second half of a game I've ever seen.
LC/Russell in double overtime in the playoffs after Russell had beaten LC by 40+ earlier in the year is the biggest upset thriller I've seen as far as an ending.
LC/Breathitt was the biggest upset overall I've seen. I'd put the Pburg/Danville game right there too although I didn't see it.
Best ending ever in a game had to be the state championship game where the kid ran into the endzone to take a safety (Beechwood I think it was in the early 90's) and instead of taking the safety he threw the ball up in the air in excitement. The other team caught it in their endzone but the officials blew the call. They should have won the state championship but the officials missed the call.
bulldog42 Wrote:If you've seen one closer then spit it. Not many times in the Regional Semis with the ball past midfield does a team have a chance to take a knee and end it. Then they get their punt blocked and in a one play desperation another team hits a 50+ yard hook and latteral to win it!
LC/Russell in double overtime in the playoffs after Russell had beaten LC by 40+ earlier in the year is the biggest upset thriller I've seen as far as an ending.
LC/Breathitt was the biggest upset overall I've seen. I'd put the Pburg/Danville game right there too although I didn't see it.
Best ending ever in a game had to be the state championship game where the kid ran into the endzone to take a safety (Beechwood I think it was in the early 90's) and instead of taking the safety he threw the ball up in the air in excitement. The other team caught it in their endzone but the officials blew the call. They should have won the state championship but the officials missed the call.

Already did, read post #3.
The best comeback I've seen in Johnson Central history, came in the magical season of 2000. Johnson Central trailed South Laurel 22-0 at halftime. Behind a strong running game with a 234 yard performance from senior fullback Scott Salyer and a stingy defense that produced a goose egg in the second half, JC went on to win 30-22
The most exciting i can remember (not long back lol) was the playoff game against Williamsburg to go to Semi-State i believe when they trailed late in the fourth and in OT and came back and won.... Got the energy in me like no other time i can remember...
bulldog42 Wrote:If you've seen one closer then spit it. Not many times in the Regional Semis with the ball past midfield does a team have a chance to take a knee and end it. Then they get their punt blocked and in a one play desperation another team hits a 50+ yard hook and latteral to win it!

This was the best comeback in Eastern KY to date. Sorry guys, no LC bias here from me because I have witnessed a lot of football from this part of the state besides the Bulldogs and this one still takes the cake. If you werent there then you dont understand.
rockcastle @ashland
a couple years ago ashland down 20 at half time and come back and win in double overtime
In 2005, prestonsburg's down year, when we went 4 and 7, shelby valley was up 28 - 0 at the half..prestonsburg came back to win 35 - 28
i think the best comeback i ever saw was when powell was down against estill a couple years back. powell was down by 11 with a minute left. then powell got 2 big scores to win. it was awesome.
i think the best comeback i ever saw was when powell was down against estill a couple years back. powell was down by 11 with a minute left. then powell got 2 big scores to win. it was awesome. another when powell was playin lewis. powell got 2 scores in less than 10 sec. it was pretty sweet.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I seen Neon trail Paintsville 46-12 going into the 4th quarter but Paintsville thankfully held on to win 46-42..

I was a freshman that year. Neon came back against the JV squad, BUT Paintsville was forced to put the starters back in and were lucky to hang on with all the momentum Neon had goin their way. I remember that game well Hoss, our JV RB fumbled 3 possessions in a row that led to 3 quick scores for Neon. We got our butts run off monday at practice, lol.
I participated in a great comeback. The 2002 Apple Bowl against JC. We were down 12-0 at halftime and came back to win the game 45-30.