Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adolph Rupp To Be Inducted Into Basketball Hall of Fame
Adolph Rupp to be inducted into basketball Hall of Fame

By Jerry Tipton

ATLANTA -- Former Kentucky Coach Adolph Rupp will be among the “Founding Fathers” inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame, it was announced at the Final Four Sunday.
Rupp, who led UK to four national championships and retired as college basketball’s winningest coach, will enter this Kansas City-based Hall of Fame during induction ceremonies on Nov. 19.
Other Founding Fathers set for induction are Henry Iba, Forrest “Phog” Allen and John McLendon.
The National Association of Basketball Coaches also announced that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had been added to the inaugural induction class of 2006. He will join Bill Russell, Dean Smith, Oscar Robertson and John Wooden.
Members of the class of 2007, which were announced Sunday, are coaches Guy Lewis, Charles “Lefty” Driesell and Norm Stewart, plus players Dick Groat, Dick Barnett and Austin Carr.
As part of the Hall of Fame, which is scheduled to open in October, the coaches’ association plans a tournament: the College Basketball Experience Classic. The 16-team field will begin with regional play at Maryland, Missouri, Michigan State and UCLA. It will conclude with semifinals and finals Nov. 20-21 at the new Sprint Center in Kansas City.
The National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame will be in the Sprint Center
I cant believe he isnt already in!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:I cant believe he isnt already in!!

What I was saying when I first seen this story.
Glad to see Lefty Driesell get in, one of the true characters in college basketball and who is created with the invention of midnight madness.
clipperw Wrote:Glad to see Lefty Driesell get in, one of the true characters in college basketball and who is created with the invention of midnight madness.

Wow did not know that he created the midnight madness, very cool.
I'm surprised as well that Rupp wasn't in yet.
Dont you guys read?? lol This is the FOUNDING FATHERS group for the National COLLEGIATE Hall of Fame. As in, it is going to open in October.
i figured he was in
WAY overdue.
corndog23 Wrote:Dont you guys read?? lol This is the FOUNDING FATHERS group for the National COLLEGIATE Hall of Fame. As in, it is going to open in October.

People, read this post please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The whole Founding Fathers idea is VERY cool. Not surprised at all to see Rupp in there.