Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Carousel
I heard Collett stepped down at Leslie County. I’ve heard Napier is also retiring at Perry Central.
Rodney Rowe resigned at Shelby Valley.
Grapevine has Honeycutt to Leslie and Brashear to Perry or Knott.
Jackson Wrote:Grapevine has Honeycutt to Leslie and Brashear to Perry or Knott.

Larry Sparks will be coaching Leslie County.
If Perry Central does come open, it would be a smart move for Perry to go after Honeycutt
Why would Honeycutt or brashear leave their coaching jobs?
Breathitt County? One would think so. Thompson at Jackson City would be a good choice?
I would think if any 14th region job is open they would go after Coach Honeycutt.
wannacat Wrote:Breathitt County? One would think so. Thompson at Jackson City would be a good choice?

Breathitt's open?
If it's not, it should be
Honeycutt will never leave Knott County. Hes about got that 27 in doesnt he? Dont think Harold would leave HHS either.
Can't see honeycutt leaving Knott central
http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Larry...19163.html

Congratulations coach Sparks!
Heard few days ago that Davidson had resigned at Owsley County
Travis Smith named head coach at Owsley County, look for him to do well as he has developed all the young talent they have coming up for next 6-7 years. Has been on staff as an assistant for last 3 seasons.
Boogie Wrote:Travis Smith named head coach at Owsley County, look for him to do well as he has developed all the young talent they have coming up for next 6-7 years. Has been on staff as an assistant for last 3 seasons.

Smith has been over the younger kids basketball teams in the school system for several years now, along with being an assistant to Coach Davidson on the varsity level for 3 years. Here’s wishing him the best of fortune in his basketball coaching future. He already knows the players and will be an easy transition.
Any other updates on what jobs are open, and which have been filled?
The_Rock Wrote:Honeycutt will never leave Knott County. Hes about got that 27 in doesnt he? Dont think Harold would leave HHS either.
If he wins the election, it will be open, if not he will stay. I would say John Walker would return from South Laurel to Coach Hazard in my opinion, but would be hard for him to leave with such a good team coming back at S.L.
The_Rock Wrote:Honeycutt will never leave Knott County. Hes about got that 27 in doesnt he? Dont think Harold would leave HHS either.
Only reason he would step down is he may want to coach his son at Emmalena where he is the Principal. :Thumbs:
Jackson Wrote:I heard Collett stepped down at Leslie County. I’ve heard Napier is also retiring at Perry Central.
Have also heard this and have heard they are wanting to get Kristie Combs to come and coach the Lady Commodores. Jeff Campbell, Kevin Whitman, and Misty McAlarnis have been helping out the Lady Dores for years, who knows what direction they will go with that job. I would think the experience would go with Coach McAlarnis, but you never know with the way they do things in Perry County.
I have heard that Brashear to Perry Central is a possibility if Napier steps down.
Jackson Wrote:I have heard that Brashear to Perry Central is a possibility if Napier steps down.
Not in a million years, never happen!!!:lmao:
Jackson Wrote:I have heard that Brashear to Perry Central is a possibility if Napier steps down.

[Image:

]

#harryisupinsmoke More mash taters please!!!

Fact.
Napier aint going anywhere. Talked to him yesterday. Going for as many wins as he can get. Coach till the ticker quits.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Napier aint going anywhere. Talked to him yesterday. Going for as many wins as he can get. Coach till the ticker quits.

[Image:

]

#stillgotsometogive More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

#stillgotsometogive More mash taters please!!!

😂 You’ve outdone yourself with this one fatpat!
I had the chance to speak with Coach Napier on Thursday and he plans on coaching next year. Also, I don’t think Perry County would replace Napier with a coach with a losing record.
Lots of movement on Girls BB. Congratulations to Larry Sparks at Leslie Co.
CA3 Wrote:I had the chance to speak with Coach Napier on Thursday and he plans on coaching next year. Also, I don’t think Perry County would replace Napier with a coach with a losing record.

If you are referring to Brashear, he took over a program that hadn’t had a winning season in ten years and had won 5 games the year before he took over. He built the program and that takes time.