Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donovan to Recruits: "I'm Staying at Florida"
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/29/...t-florida/ Wrote:Allen received a text message Tuesday from Donovan, who addressed the circulating rumors.
"It said he knows there are a lot of rumors going around but that he's just glad to have me, and he's looking forward to coaching me at Florida," Allen said.

I don't know how much to look into this, but seems as if he might be staying?? :confused:
This comes from a blog? I'm sorry but are we counting blogs as credible news sources now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm really not sure I see Billy Donovan wasting his time text messaging either. I would think that he would just pick up the phone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:This comes from a blog? I'm sorry but are we counting blogs as credible news sources now?

Dont tell that to LEX18....

And all coaches text message... it doesn't count as a phone call... they use it in advantages in recruiting....

But, I still believe Donovan will be the coach at UK... and the suspense is really killing me...
ComfortEagle Wrote:This comes from a blog? I'm sorry but are we counting blogs as credible news sources now?
Blogs are becoming one of the most reliable news sources. I don't know if this one is creditable or not, but just because it is a blog doesn't mean that it should be over looked.
well we should all know in 5 - 7 days now what Billy D is going to do,.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:well we should all know in 5 - 7 days now what Billy D is going to do,.
So far away though!!!
:fedup:
Why would he not go public with this announcement to end speculations? He could simply say, "I'm not interested and I'm staying at FLA" Also, I highly doubt Billy is text messaging anyone. A recruiting assistant or secretary of his, maybe?
If UK is waiting until Tuesday to make their coach known (as people have stated), it would only make sense for him to be in the Final Four. Why wait this long to hire someone who isn't even in the tournament anymore? It could really effect recruiting. I'm like you guys, I'm getting really anxious. The suspense is driving me crazy!!!!!
Whether its Donavan or whomever, I just hope that its someone that can draw good recruits to kentucky...But i also hope that they will recruit some of the best talent right here in kentucky,,, we've got some great athletes right here at home
Coach speak....errr coach type i guess. Dont read to much into this...im looking forward to having sex with ashley judd, but that aint happenin either
corndog23 Wrote:Coach speak....errr coach type i guess. Dont read to much into this...im looking forward to having sex with ashley judd, but that aint happenin either

Man you have some low standards. First UK and now Ashley Judd........Smile
Beef Wrote:Blogs are becoming one of the most reliable news sources.
No, they are not!
Where did you hear that?? A blog, I guess.

Blog: Ten thousand posts and a couple are even accurate!
FreakNasty Wrote:Dont tell that to LEX18....

And all coaches text message... it doesn't count as a phone call... they use it in advantages in recruiting....

But, I still believe Donovan will be the coach at UK... and the suspense is really killing me...

Yeah its killing me to, I wish they would go ahead and get the final 4 over with so we will know.
I say if MB doesnt get Billy D to UK he needs to get the axed as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
FreakNasty Wrote:Dont tell that to LEX18....

I really hope you are right.
Don't look into this too much. I almost guarantee that BD will be the next coach at UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm to the point where I'm not really worried about it anymore. Billy D knows what UK is like. Knowing what he knows, if he still doesn't want to coach here then let him stay in Meyers shadow. No one person is bigger than UK basketball. I'm hoping he comes, but its not the end if he doesn't. UK basketball will survive & thrive with or without any one person. Granted, if its not Donovan it will probably take a little longer to get back where we want to be....but make no mistake.....we will get there.

The blog references a story in the Independent Florida Alligator, the campus newspaper at UF. Given the quality of UF's journalism school, it's no surprise that the Alligator is one of the best college newspapers in the country (and sadly, better-written, better-edited and more hard-hitting than a lot of the newspapers we read every day --- especially for those of you living in Eastern Kentucky).

Standout by the writer here --- see what the signed recruits are hearing, rather than try to browbeat Donovan for an answer as the national media is trying (and ... uh, that would be "failing to accomplish"). Apparently, the recruits are hearing from Donovan that he's planning to stay.

I will remember that byline ... I expect to see a lot from her in the future.
alfus21 Wrote:Don't look into this too much. I almost guarantee that BD will be the next coach at UK.
Just like you was SO SURE that Tubby would be back next season, lol. Sorry Alfus, had to say it. I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT! I know that!:rockon:
1st Patterson is saying that he hasn't heard anything from Billy D. I think if he was notifying one he would also be notifying Patterson. As far as text messages goes it is correct that they don't count as phone calls so coaches can text as much as they want. Last week they were talking about Patterson receiving over 8000 in the month of January alone most of which were from coaches and staffs. That's over 250 per day can you imagine how often it was going off.

Just a little more info for the fire Donnie Jones the head assistant for Billy is the number 1 canidate for the Marshall job according to all those in the know around Huntington.
CatDawg Wrote:1st Patterson is saying that he hasn't heard anything from Billy D. I think if he was notifying one he would also be notifying Patterson. As far as text messages goes it is correct that they don't count as phone calls so coaches can text as much as they want. Last week they were talking about Patterson receiving over 8000 in the month of January alone most of which were from coaches and staffs. That's over 250 per day can you imagine how often it was going off.

Just a little more info for the fire Donnie Jones the head assistant for Billy is the number 1 canidate for the Marshall job according to all those in the know around Huntington.

That's Donnie Jones, Pikeville College graduate ... correct?

Donnie: :notworthy
I been sayin not to get ya hopes up...
He could be saying this so he don't leave Florida in the shape Tubby did UK....
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Just like you was SO SURE that Tubby would be back next season, lol. Sorry Alfus, had to say it. I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT! I know that!:rockon:

:ChairHit: Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sorry I'm seeing the boy wonder [Billy D] as staying in the Flyordy heat
Anybody see Billy D's press conference today?? Said he doesnt even take his cell phone with him on the road. So much for his text messaging abilities...
I'll say it again... all he has to say is "I'm staying at Florida, period, end of story"... he hasn't said that yet....
corndog23 Wrote:Anybody see Billy D's press conference today?? Said he doesnt even take his cell phone with him on the road. So much for his text messaging abilities...

He was in Gainesville from late Sunday night until sometime Thursday.
TomSportsHack Wrote:He was in Gainesville from late Sunday night until sometime Thursday.

Alright then, why didnt Patrick Patterson or Chandler Parsons or Nick Calathes get texted in that same time period?