Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Softball 2018-2019
thoughts and predictions
I would say 1.) North, returns everyone from team that has won three straight regions, 2.) Clay Co., Owens is the best pitcher in the region, 3.) South Laurel, good nucleus, lot of new faces in lineup though, 4.) Harlan Co., making big strides, very dangerous, 5.) Corbin, Stidham is very good, they can score runs, 6.) Williamsburg, Tye can keep them in games, 7.) Harlan, they have a nice pitcher, 8.) Knox Central, best of a weak district.
I predict that its North and the rest are hoping for Silver.
Van Hagar Wrote:I would say 1.) North, returns everyone from team that has won three straight regions, 2.) Clay Co., Owens is the best pitcher in the region, 3.) South Laurel, good nucleus, lot of new faces in lineup though, 4.) Harlan Co., making big strides, very dangerous, 5.) Corbin, Stidham is very good, they can score runs, 6.) Williamsburg, Tye can keep them in games, 7.) Harlan, they have a nice pitcher, 8.) Knox Central, best of a weak district.

Better do some more research, Whitley will be in top 3. Research
Ok here you go. They got run ruled in ALL seven meetings last year with South, Corbin and Williamsburg. Unless your new pitcher is the second coming of Jenny Finch, there is no way they can close that big of a gap in one year.
Van Hagar Wrote:Ok here you go. They got run ruled in ALL seven meetings last year with South, Corbin and Williamsburg. Unless your new pitcher is the second coming of Jenny Finch, there is no way they can close that big of a gap in one year.

If I was shope, id send her to wburg or Corbin to play.
Whitley couldn't find there way out of a paper bag on the softball field.
TheColonel Wrote:Better do some more research, Whitley will be in top 3. Research

Whitley isn't in the top 3 of their district and there's only 4 teams.
As for the rankings, id bet every thing I own on North.
There's nobody else that will come within a mile except clay.
Gregory will dominate all year. Same sad story. Almost a 6A school. They should win.

CLASS SOFTBALL already.
I think this is the year that wburg finally wins the All A and beats MBoro
Did either of you see the scrimmage? No one touched her and we won easily. Better do some research on this girl, she is that good.
Umm, scrimmage versus who exactly?
TheColonel Wrote:Did either of you see the scrimmage? No one touched her and we won easily. Better do some research on this girl, she is that good.

No, fill us in.
Who'd they play? Where was it at? When?

I do know Corbin looked good and Williamsburg won 3 or 4 games in Tennessee this weekend and didn't lose.
Corbin and Williamsburg? LOL

If you are going to bandwagon go North and Clay. You are priceless.
You still didn’t answer the question. Who did they play?
yeah, I'm interested who they scrimmaged? I've heard she is good, but have also heard, she is Not the next Jenny Finch
How does Whitley plan on scoring? I'm sure their pitching is improved but I can't see them scoring at all against Clay and North. Their defense hasn't been very good in the past, so they're going to get scored on.
TheColonel Wrote:Corbin and Williamsburg? LOL

If you are going to bandwagon go North and Clay. You are priceless.

Bandwagon?

If you'll go back threw the past 5 years of 13th region talk on this board you'll see that I attend a boat load of softball games. Doesn't mean I'm a bandwagon fan.
To be honest I just love the sport. Don't really support any team.
I'd love to see Whitley do well but you won't fill us in on all the knowledge you have after several of us have told you exactly what other teams are brining to the table.
IMO, Corbins best player was the price girl that played catcher. That's there biggest hole to fill. Who moves to catcher?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMO, Corbins best player was the price girl that played catcher. That's there biggest hole to fill. Who moves to catcher?
Probably freshman Kaylee Morales. Played a lot as an 8th grader.
Van Hagar Wrote:Umm, scrimmage versus who exactly?
Whitley's coach said in the paper a couple of weeks ago that the Colonels would scrimmage Oneida, TN and Middlesboro.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think this is the year that wburg finally wins the All A and beats MBoro

Could be Harlan...
North has to be the favorite because of their history and they return a number of key players including Gregory. I don’t think they are unbeatable though. Clay probably has the most dominating pitcher in Owens. South will be good also. Harlan County returns a very experienced lineup and a pitcher starting her fourth year as the teams ace. I really think it is a four team race and because no one has a dominating pitcher and by that I mean someone who will strike out 15 a game, it could be a great regional tournament. Harlan independent has a very good pitcher who could beat anyone on a given night. I wonder about Middlesboro after losing shields and now coach Powers. It could be a rebuilding year for the jackets. Whitley is getting a lot of attention on this post but I will have to see it to believe it. I think Corbin might be the best hitting team in the region and could be a dark horse to unseat North.
My early season rankings:

1. North Laurel
2. Clay Co
3. South
Corbin
Harlan Co
6. Whitley Co
7. Harlan
8. Lynn Camp
9. Williamsburg
10. Middlesboro
Corbin has very mediocre pitching and will be mediocre or middle of the pack. Not good enough to beat any of top 3. Williamsburg or Harlan's can take the 4,5 and 6 spot.
Middlesboro is not a top 10 team is the region Watch your wallets when they roll into town Asstiant coach like to spend money that's not his. Bottom 3 teams in region
Whitley County 15 Knox County 0 in 4 innings. Great job Lady Colonels.

I know Knox program is not top in region but we got a few runs off pretty good pitching. Way to start season.
TheColonel Wrote:Whitley County 15 Knox County 0 in 4 innings. Great job Lady Colonels.

I know Knox program is not top in region but we got a few runs off pretty good pitching. Way to start season.

Wow, way to go Lady Colonels!
Truthhurts Wrote:Middlesboro is not a top 10 team is the region Watch your wallets when they roll into town Asstiant coach like to spend money that's not his. Bottom 3 teams in region

Confusedtare:
Wburg beat OBI 16-1 then won at Harlan 3-0 today in the all a.
I'd say they'll get Mboro Thursday at home
I guess we will get some early evidence on Whitley one way or the other, saw on KHSAA they have added a home game with North for tonight.
4-2 North in top of 7th and things went wrong , ended up 10-4. We have some things to work on but all in all their is much light at the end of this tunnel. The lady colonels will shock some teams. Stand by my previous rankings top 3-5.