Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 61 Cordia 52 (14th Region) (OT)
Final from Perry Central in OT
Congrats Engineers. Huge win! They’ll have to turn around bring it hard again regardless of who’s next.
Cordia was many peoples favorite to win the 14th. Huge 2nd half for Engineers. Many will say it is an upset but Estill is at the top with anyone else.
Congrats Estill, I said all year they could win the region
Bonny won me over with his postgame interview for WSGS.

Said he was talking to God the entire game.
Congrats Estill
Benton is the real deal
zaga_fan Wrote:Bonny won me over with his postgame interview for WSGS.

Caleb Bonny lives this faith every minute. He’s a devout Christian who often speaks at his church . He has literally worked himself to death attributing every one of his successes to God. It’s very sincere
Congrats Estill County.
Congrats to Estill on a deserving victory, I am a Lion for life and it was rough to watch the missed free throws. Pringle got fouled on a 3 and missed all 3 then with 4 seconds left he missed 2. More than likely just one of them wins the game. Estill became the aggressor the 2nd half and Benton turned into Steph Curry. He never hit the rim on any shot. He will need to do that again from 3 to beat Knott.

I will say this, some classless fans from Estill Co making comments to Coach Stacy from behind the bench. You are too much of a coward to say it during a game and not to his face... Coward!!!
If Estill had more than 2 points in the 2Q the game never would have went into OT. Keita got lucky on that shot he just threw up that hit the back of the rim went straight up and back in. McDonald played a tremendous game and like Coach Bentley said about Cordia "we'll watch those guys on tv someday"

Estill has to play extremely great tomorrow
Strikeout King Wrote:Final from Perry Central in OT

Way to go Estill County :Clap::Cheerlead
Lotts Creek full of tears tonight baby!!! I told you all the Cordia shooting woahs would come back to get them!! Estill is for real and it will be a war tomorrow night. Best of luck to both teams.
Well there was a good reason they only had 2 points... Estill had nothing to do with Cordia missing free throws
griffman Wrote:Cordia was many peoples favorite to win the 14th. Huge 2nd half for Engineers. Many will say it is an upset but Estill is at the top with anyone else.
I overheard a couple of older gentlemen talking after the game as I was going to the concession stand and one of them commented that was a big upset. I don’t know where people are getting that thought. Estill is now 25-7 on the season and have not played a cream puff schedule by any means. This game was not an upset. It was a game of two teams who were fairly equal in talent.

However, the Engineers had better have their A game tomorrow against Knott. They’re very physical and athletic. From the stands it appears that almost all their players are around 6’3. Big stocky built kids, good bounces, and make good decisions. Estill can win but they will have to have a very good shooting night and play some intense defense and hope Knott is slightly off this game. Their team only lost by 10 to Lex Christian in the state All A, the same Lex Christian that lost in the 11th region finals to once beaten Scott County tonight by 2 points.
Caught this game in the late 3rd. I’m
not sure how Cordia played earlier but to me they played not to lose in my opinion. If that one free throw goes down then I’m not sure Estill get a chance to get it all the way up the floor..
This was a very good game to watch..
zaga_fan Wrote:Bonny won me over with his postgame interview for WSGS.

Can you post a link for this?
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Can you post a link for this?

The video will be up tomorrow probably and I'll post it here asap
Congrats to estill and my friend Jon Bentley. They didn't have as much talent but they play hard and seem to listen. That being said I think it hurt cordia not having a seasoned coach. He should have kept pressing when cordia was up 15 and this game wouldn't have been that close. Cordia dousnt play very well in a slow pace game so they need to press and try to speed the game up but Bentley done a good job of playing at his teams pace
[Image:

]

#takesmorethanabigleadatthehalfforus More mash taters please!!!
Hated to see the Lions lose the big lead they had in the 2nd half. Why did the Lions quit pressing just because they were up 15, they should of kept it up all night and ran them out of the gym. Coach Bentley definitely out coached his counterpart in this one. Even with all of that, the Lions missed way to many free throws to win this one. The Lions had a good run and a good season. Now lets wait and see if this was their last one. Congrats to the Engineers.
What got Cordia the lead in the 2nd quarter was not a full court press, but in reality it was full court man to man. They zone pressed the 1st quarter and the full court man to man got them the 13 point lead at the half. The 3rd quarter Frazier picks up his third foul so Coach Stacy could not play full court man to man at that point because of foul trouble. Spoke with Jeff Honeycutt, Winston and Wes... all three coaches said he made the correct call backing off. All things considering... Pringle makes that one free throw that rolled around the rim and we are having a different discussion today. Engineers played amazing, them twins out physical Cordia in the paint. Benton is the real deal. Deserving win by the Engineers
[YOUTUBE="Bonny Interview"]E5nqtupSxrA[/YOUTUBE]
zaga_fan Wrote:[YOUTUBE="Bonny Interview"]E5nqtupSxrA[/YOUTUBE]

:Clap:
Way to Go Estill Co.!!
Crazy horse a full court man to man is a press. I would have substituted for Frazier every once in a while and kept pressing. Pringle is quick and can guard the point. I think of you coach that team that has trouble in the haif court then you have to press and get easy baskets especially if you are playing a team like estill who wants to slow down the tempo
Look knows this team better than anyone, he made the right call. Frazier is a very good defender, ask Caudill for Knott Cordia had no one else to guard Bonny 1 on 1. Cordia had to play zone a lot this year. They even beat Knott in the district finals playing zone. Frazier is all they had to guard Bonny.

I know it’s full court press but when your best defender is in foul trouble to can’t continue to put him in any situation to keep getting fouls. When Caudill picked up his 4th they had to continue pressuring because they was playing from behind.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Look knows this team better than anyone, he made the right call. Frazier is a very good defender, ask Caudill for Knott Cordia had no one else to guard Bonny 1 on 1. Cordia had to play zone a lot this year. They even beat Knott in the district finals playing zone. Frazier is all they had to guard Bonny.

I know it’s full court press but when your best defender is in foul trouble to can’t continue to put him in any situation to keep getting fouls. When Caudill picked up his 4th they had to continue pressuring because they was playing from behind.
They were double and triple teaming Bonny that’s when Joe Benton took over he scored 17 points in the 4qt and overtime.
Congrats to Estil County.
skydiver1 Wrote:They were double and triple teaming Bonny that’s when Joe Benton took over he scored 17 points in the 4qt and overtime.

Engineers play good team ball.